What are Airbnb's standards for hotels and other hospitality businesses?
We welcome listings hosted by licensed, professional hospitality businesses on Airbnb that offer unique spaces and personal hospitality to the Airbnb community.
Some of the qualities that make these listings right for Airbnb include:
- Access to common gathering spaces and/or events
- Guest rooms with personal touches that are individually unique and/or local in design
- Guest rooms and common spaces that incorporate local influences
- Unique design characteristics which set the property apart from others
- High-quality photos on the listing page
We also look for hosts and teams who provide personal hospitality to guests by offering things like:
- Locally relevant or unique amenities (ex: local food or beverage, unique features)
- Local maps with personalized recommendations (not a local tourist bureau map with ads)
- Local tours (ex: neighborhood walking tours)
- An owner or manager that is available on the property full-time
Along with our basic requirements for hosts, these standards for hotels and unique spaces help ensure that we’re meeting guest’s expectations.
The review process
We review all published listings categorized under these property types:
- Boutique Hotel
- Bed & Breakfast
- Serviced Apartment
- Casa particular
- Heritage Hotel (India)
- Minsu (Taiwan)
- Nature Lodge
- Pension (Korea)
- Ryokan (Japan)
For new listings, the review will begin once a listing is published. We also conducted a retroactive review of all existing listings. You can continue hosting as usual during the review process.
If a listing doesn’t pass review
You’ll receive an email letting you know that the listing didn’t pass review.
If your listing didn’t pass review because it’s not categorized correctly within the new categorization system, you can update the property type. To do this:
- Click the link in the email or go directly to your listings
- Choose a different property type
- Publish the listing
If you choose another property type that requires a review, the process will start again.
If a listing meets all our standards, is correctly categorized, and still didn’t pass the review, you can add your business info so that we can confirm your details.
Listings that don’t meet our standards may be permanently removed from Airbnb.