19th-century villa in the Tuscan hills
22 guests · 11 bedrooms · 11.5 baths
Glimpse the Tuscany of the past in the pastoral surroundings and graceful 19th-century architecture of Villa Controni. Formerly the summer residence of the Contronis, a noble merchant family, this well-preserved vacation rental now welcomes parties of up to twenty-two guests to its tranquil setting outside Lucca. Though the villa was once a working estate, today it’s the perfect place to host a family reunion or even an intimate Italian wedding with pine forests and castle-dotted hilltops as a backdrop.
Your holiday at Villa Controni includes chef service at breakfast and lunch or dinner. Spend your stay taking in the views across the olive groves to the Nottolini aqueduct, breathing in the scent of the flowers in the walled garden, stretching out on a lounger by the pool or trying out local specialties from the barbecue at the al-fresco dining area. Inside, amenities like a fitness center, games room and wine fridge make it easy to relax or entertain. The property even has a private chapel that can be used for weddings.
The interiors of this luxury property revel in its Old World heritage, from the glittering chandeliers and plush area rugs to the brightly painted paneling that lines the sitting and dining rooms. A quiet study shows the same elegance on a smaller scale, while the fully equipped kitchen is large enough to cater for a crowd. Despite the villa’s history, it has modern features from Wi-Fi and air conditioning to satellite television as well.
Each of the villa’s eleven sumptuous bedrooms has an en-suite bathroom; ten of them have double beds and one offers the choice of a queen bed or two twin beds. You’ll be enchanted both by the suites’ stone floors and traditional furnishings, and the sweeping views of the countryside out the windows.
Villa Controni is less than 5 miles from Lucca and a tennis club, and less than 20 miles from Pisa and a golf course. Spend a day in Lucca for to admire its palazzos and churches and look out from the famous tree-topped Guinigi Tower, or drive into Pisa for a photo op and a romantic, honeymoon-style stroll along the river where luminaries from Galileo to Fibonacci have walked.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Michelangelo (Master): Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Bidet, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 2 - Lippi: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Bidet, Closets in bathroom, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 3 - Dante: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 4 - Giotto: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Bidet, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 5 - Galileo: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Bidet, Large walk-thru closet, Lounge area, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 6 - Caravaggio: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Bidet, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 7 - Boccaccio: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Bidet, Lounge area, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 8 - Boticelli: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Lounge area, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 9 - Leonardo: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Bidet, Desk, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 10 - Raffaello: Queen size bed (or 2 twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Bidet, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 11 - Verdi: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Dual Vanity, Bidet, Lounge area, Air conditioning
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Wine fridge
- Espresso machine
- Formal dining area with seating for 22
- Satellite television
- DVD Player
- Air conditioning
- Safes in bedrooms
- Exercise room
- Washer & Dryer
- Billiards room
- Swimming pool
- Alfresco dining
- Gated property
- Sun loungers
- Italian gardens
- Private chapel available for weddings
- Shared access to tennis court, soccer field and volleyball field (reservation recommended)
STAFF & SERVICES
- Daily chef service (except Wednesdays) - Breakfast and one meal (lunch or dinner)
- Daily morning housekeeping (excluding Sunday)
- Linen change on Saturdays and Wednesdays
- Gardener & Pool Attendant
- Porter service
- Air conditioning consumption
- Heating consumption
- Water & Gas consumption
- Electricity consumption up to 2000KW
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Driving service
- Additonal Housekeeping
- Additional chef service
- Cost of food and beverages
- Telephone usage
- Electricity consumption above to 2000KW
Points of Interest
- 1.5 miles to Tennis club
- 4 miles to Lucca
- 12 miles to Pisa
- 18 miles to Golf course
- 11 miles to Pisa International Airport (PSA)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
+ 8 more
Pisa International Airport
32 min drive
Points of Interest
11 min drive
22 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.