Sprawling hilltop estate with city and lake views
10 guests · 5 bedrooms · 5 baths
Discover breathtaking mountain scenery, vibrant city life and award-winning local wines at Stelvio. Set on a rise overlooking downtown Queenstown, glacial Lake Wakatipu and the snow-tipped peaks of The Remarkables, this luxury South Island vacation rental is just minutes from skiing, golf and outdoor adventure sports, as well as dining and nightlife. Thoughtful contemporary architecture and five bedrooms let you enjoy the scenery on a relaxed family holiday or an active getaway with friends.
Designed to take full advantage of the mountain and lake views, Stelvio opens to a spacious terrace with lounge furniture, a barbecue and an al-fresco dining area. On cooler evenings, flip on the sound system and indulge in a soak in the hot tub or cozy up to the outdoor fireplace on the built-in sectional. For your convenience, the house has an exercise room, space for gear storage and even an elevator; for your entertainment, choose from the games room and home theater.
Gorgeous modern interiors rendered in soft wood paneling, textured stone and wall-to-wall glass make the villa warm and inviting while placing the views center stage. Two sitting areas with plush sofas and patterned area rugs bookend the open-plan great room, while a dining table with room for twelve and a whimsical branch chandelier sits between. The fully equipped chef’s kitchen has a wide stone-topped breakfast bar and opens to the outdoor kitchen.
Abstract artwork, iconic modern pieces and mountain views make the bedrooms at Stelvio feel like private retreats. The honeymoon-worthy master suite has a king bed, en-suite bathroom and its own balcony with a lounge and yoga platform. There are two more bedrooms with king beds and en-suite bathrooms, one with a queen bed and en-suite bathroom, and one that’s perfect for children with two twin beds and a shared bathroom.
The vistas from Stelvio make it feel like the scenery is part of your living space—and with the Coronet Peak ski area just over 16 km away and The Remarkables lifts about 24 km away, the mountains really are that close. If you’re visiting during the New Zealand summer, make the 2.4 km drive to the gondola and luge course at Skyline Queenstown, or the 16 km drive to Queenstown Golf Course. With its waterfront restaurants and lively shops, downtown Queenstown is well worth the 5-minute drive from the villa.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower and bathtub, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, Dressing area, Private balcony with outdoor seating area and yoga platform
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Private balcony
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a king), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Private balcony
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin size beds, Shared access to hallway bathroom with stand-alone rain shower
- Bedroom 5: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Lounge area, Private balcony
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 12
- Wine fridge
- Ice maker
- Satellite television
- Sound system
- Entertainment room
- Bar area
- Exercise room
- Pool table
- Equipment storage room
- Air conditioning
- Iron/Ironing board
- View of Mountain peaks and Lake Wakatipu
- Alfresco dining with seating for 12
- Hot tub (heating included)
- Outdoor living area
- Sound system
- Sun loungers
- Sun bed
STAFF & SERVICES
- Personal concierge service
- Premium bathroom amenities
- Gourmet breakfast provisions (replenished daily)
- Daily turndown servicing including fresh flowers and bottled water (with linen change every third day)
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Airport transfer
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Grocery shopping services
- Additional bedding (upon request only)
Points of Interest
- 5 minute drive to downtown Queenstown
- 6 minute drive to Ben Lomond Scenic Reserve
- 6 minute drive to Skyline Queenstown gondola and Skycity Casino
- 7.1 km to downtown Frankton
- 16 km to Jack's Point Golf Course
- 16 km to Queenstown Golf Club
- 17 km to Coronet Peak Ski Area
- 23 km to The Remarkables Ski Area
- 6 minute drive to Queenstown Bay Beach
- 9 minute drive to Sunshine Bay Beach
- 15 km to Kelvin Beach
- 8 km to Queenstown Airport (ZQN)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 12 people
+ 6 more
+ 10 more
Queenstown, New Zealand
Queenstown Airport (ZQN)
10 min drive
Queenstown Bay Beach
6 min drive
Sunshine Bay Beach
11 min drive
20 min drive
Coronet Peak Ski Area
24 min drive
Jack's Point Golf Course
19 min drive
Queenstown Golf Club
22 min drive
The Remarkables Ski Area
36 min drive
Points of Interest
4 min drive
5 min drive
Ben Lomond Scenic Reserve
6 min drive
Skyline Queenstown gondola
7 min drive
11 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 60 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.