14 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4.5 baths
Magazine-worthy rooms overlook windswept coast at this designer villa just 40 minutes west of Auckland. Woven rugs and warm-toned woods give the newly remodeled interiors a welcoming vibe, and bay doors link them with outdoor areas surrounded by rugged hills. And once you’ve grabbed your gear, it’s only a 6-minute drive to Muriwai Golf Links and the surf break at Muriwai Beach.
Muriwai Estate sits on 16 private acres, centered around a garden designed by award-winning landscape architect Mark Read and a furnished terrace that stretches the width of the house. Follow the slopes up to a saltwater swimming pool and hot tub, and let kids romp on the play structure while grown-ups tend the barbecue and firepit.
Though the villa’s open-concept living room, dining room, and fully equipped kitchen take their cues from the New Zealand landscape—think woven area rugs, stone and wood accents, and natural tones—there are also plenty of surprises. Look up from a conversation with friends or family at the playful red cords on the dining-room chandelier, and examine the bird-print wallpaper that lines the powder room.
This vacation rental has 3 bedrooms in the main house: 2 with king beds and en-suite bathrooms, and one with a queen bed and hall bathroom. There’s also a honeymoon-worthy suite in the pool house with a king bed, en-suite bathroom, fireplace, and wet bar. For larger parties, the main house also has a spare room with 2 queen beds and a children’s room with a twin bunk bed.
Though it feels secluded, the villa’s location gives you the luxury of heading to the beach in the morning and coming back home for lunch. It’s only 6 minutes to the black sand and surf break of Muriwai Beach, plus Muriwai Golf Links. And no holiday here would be complete without a visit to the gannet colony, which you can reach on scenic clifftop trails.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with bathtub and stand-alone rain shower, Sauna, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, Lounge, Safe, Shared access to balcony
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, Shared access to hallway bathroom with the double room, Bathtub, Stand-alone rain shower, Dual vanity
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Walk-in closet, Television, Safe, Shared access to balcony
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Fireplace, Wet bar
Additional bedding - Main House:
- Double Room: 2 Queen size beds, Shared access to hallway bathroom with the double room, Bathtub, Stand-alone rain shower, Dual vanity
- Kids Room: Twin size bunk bed
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 10
- Espresso machine
- Wine fridge
- Butler's pantry
- Ice maker
- Smart TV
- Sonos sound system
- Heated floors
- Iron/Ironing board
- Backup generator
- Swimming pool - heating included
- Hot tub - heating included
- Alfresco dining area with seating for 8
- Gas barbecue
- Fire pit
- Outdoor furniture
- Children's playground
- Parking - 6 spaces
- Security cameras - outward facing
STAFF & SERVICES
- Personal concierge service
- Mid-stay clean for bookings of 5 nights or more
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Airport transfer
- Private chef
- Villa pre-stocking
- Grocery shopping services
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 6 minute drive to Muriwai Golf Links
- 17 km to Woodhill Forest
- 25 km to Riverhead Forest
- 42 km to downtown Auckland
- 43 km to Waitakere Ranges Regional Park
- 6 minute drive to Muriwai Beach
- 54 km to Auckland Airport (AKL)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 8 people
Sonos sound system
+ 7 more
Muriwai, New Zealand
Auckland International Airport
45 min drive
4 min drive
Muriwai Golf Links
5 min drive
Points of Interest
16 min drive
34 min drive
40 min drive
Waitakere Ranges Regional Park
47 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 60 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.