Secluded oceanfront villa near a petroglyph field
6 guests · 3 bedrooms · 4.5 baths
Get in on one of Hawaii’s best-kept secrets at Waimalani. This oceanfront Big Island vacation rental is set in Puako, a small town that’s often overlooked in favor of Mauna Kea or Mauna Lani resorts. But visitors who stay a while will discover an enchanting private getaway that pairs traditional island charm with modern luxury.
Settle into an aloha state of mind with the help of the villa’s lush garden, tranquil fishpond and a shaded lanai with al-fresco sitting and dining areas and a barbecue. Listen to the waves while lounging, or walk down to the beach for a stroll along the property’s 350 feet of shoreline. At night, flip on the cable TV inside or catch up with friends and family at home via Wi-Fi.
Waimalani is laid out in two pods: a main house with a great room and two bedrooms, and a guest house with two more rooms, a wet bar and laundry. The open-concept living area, dining area and fully equipped kitchen in the main house embody classic island style, with vaulted ceilings, dark-wood accents and ocean views through slide-away glass walls.
The villa has one bedroom with a king bed, one with a queen bed, one with a double bed and one with two twin sofa beds. All four have en-suite bathrooms and ocean views. While the master suite is in the main house, the guest house is ideal for couples seeking honeymoon-style privacy while on holiday.
Not only is the town of Puako known for its clear waters and great snorkeling, it’s also home to a petroglyph field where you can see more than 3,000 works carved into rock. A stay at Waimalani also puts you close to the best of the rest of the Kohala Coast, from white-sand Hapuna Beach to the tempting Shops at Mauna Lani.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
HAWAII TAX ID #: TA-160-855-8592-01
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower and bathtub, Dual vanity, Ocean view
- Bedroom 2: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Walk-in closet, Ocean view
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television, Ocean view
- Spare room: 2 Twin size sofa beds, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, Ocean view
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Nespresso machine
- Formal dining area with seating for 10
- Air conditioning
- Ice maker
- Cable television
- Iron/Ironing board
- Outdoor furniture
- Ocean view
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Airport transfers
Points of Interest
- 6.2 miles to Shops at Mauna Lani
- 32 miles to Kona
- 74 miles to Hilo
- 2.1 miles to Waialea Beach
- 3.9 miles to Hāpuna Beach State Park
- 5.7 miles to Kaunaʻoa (Mauna Kea) Beach
- 5.4 miles to Mauna Kea Beach Resort Tennis & Golf
- 7.4 miles to Francis H. I'i Brown South Course
- 8.8 miles to Waikoloa Beach Golf Course
- 25 miles to Kona International Airport (KOA)
- 75 miles to Hilo International Airport (ITO)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 10 people
+ 6 more
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.