Marataba Mountain Lodge
10 guests · 5 bedrooms · 5 baths
Take a walk on the wild side at this simply sophisticated escape. Every design element (from stripped wood to exposed stone) has taken cues from nature, including Scandi-style architecture that softly blends into its verdant surroundings. Whether you’re looking for family time, romance, or relaxation, this luxury lodge brings you closer to fauna and flora with a variety of exhilarating excursions.
At sunrise, hop in a safari vehicle and head out for the first game drive of the day. You’ll have the chance to find some of the reserve’s most fascinating wildlife—just make sure you have your camera ready. A hot beverage and the opportunity to sit back, sip, and admire your serene surroundings is part of the tour. After breakfast, guided bush walks allow you to submerge yourself in the wilderness. How many of the Big 5 (lions, elephants, buffalos, leopards, and rhinos) can you spot? For seasoned hikers, more challenging trails are available to explore. End the day with a scenic cruise along the Matlabas River where you can catch a glimpse of hippos, crocodiles, and a variety of bird species drinking from the water’s edge.
Soaring windows feature panoramic savanna views beyond the tranquil terrace. Venture over to the shared infinity edge rock pool which seemingly melts into the Waterfall Valley below. Located in the mountains, a steep walk to each room allows you to appreciate the magnificent view below you. Glowing lanterns illuminate the path to the outdoor fire pit, encompassed by plump patio seating. A chilled glass of house wine perfectly pairs with a night of stargazing.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Safe, Ceiling fan, Air conditioning, Fireplace, Balcony, Outdoor furniture, Savanna view
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Safe, Ceiling fan, Fireplace, Balcony, Outdoor furniture, Savanna view
- Bedroom 3: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Safe, Ceiling fan, Fireplace, Balcony, Outdoor furniture, Savanna view
- Bedroom 4: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Safe, Ceiling fan, Fireplace, Balcony, Outdoor furniture, Savanna view
- Bedroom 5: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Safe, Ceiling fan, Fireplace, Balcony, Outdoor furniture, Savanna view
SHARED ACCESS TO AMENITIES AT MAIN LODGE
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining room with seating for 8
- Air conditioning
- Infinity rock pool- unheated
- Panoramic savanna views
- Sun loungers
- Alfresco shower
- Outdoor furniture
- Fire pit
STAFF & SERVICES
- Daily housekeeping
- Daily turn-down service
- Chef service - all meals included
- House wines, spirits, beers & soft drinks
- 2 game drives daily with FGASA-accredited field guide & tracker
- Game drive refreshments and snacks
- Miss Mara water safari access
- Wildlife lectures
- Local community experiences
- Mack & Madi kids’ programme
At Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Laundry service
- Spa treatment
- Premium brand beers, spirits, cellar wines and champagnes
- Trail hike
- Stay at the Treehouse
- Specialist safari
- Airport transfers
Points of Interest:
- Located within the Marakele Game Reserve
- 327 km to Johannesburg
- 40 minute drive to Matlabas Airstrip
- 327 km to O.R Tambo International Airport (JNB)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Marakele Game Reserve, South Africa
O.R. Tambo International Airport
238 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 60 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.