Casa de Santiago
14 guests · 7 bedrooms · 7.5 baths
Take a step back in time to a place steeped in history and admire the Castle of Santiago from your windows. Rural in flavor, Comporta's best kept secret, is a storied casa. It’s filled with antiques, floral wallpapers, and cozy bedrooms tucked under eaves while maintaining a nod to modernity with a heated pool and wifi. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast in bed. Open the shutters to let sunlight flood the room. The ancient village of Santiago do Cacem beckons to explore.
Casa Santiago has survived earthquakes, invading armies, and cultures. The large kitchen has beautiful blue delft tiles and copper pots. Old red-tiled flooring and a tiny carriage greet you as you enter. Here, every room is a feast: French door balconies overlook this quaint village, and a hand-painted mural wraps around the dining room.
Castelo de Santiago do Cacem is on top of the village hill. Bordering the village are ruins of what once was a sizeable Roman city. Museo Municipal de Santiago do Cacem is in an old jail. Pack a picnic and head to the best beaches: Praia da Costa de Santo Andre, where there are white sandy beach, the ocean, and a lagoon with calmer waters.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1- Quarto Grande: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Can be connected to bedroom 2 to form a family suite, City view
- Bedroom 2 - Blue Room: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a king), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, City view
- Bedroom 3 - Oriental Room: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, City view
- Bedroom 4 - Castle Room: 2 Twin size beds, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Castle view
- Bedroom 5 - Sea Room: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a king), Shared access to hallway bathroom with bedroom 6, Stand-alone rain shower, Castle view
- Bedroom 6 - Flower Room: Queen size bed, Shared access to hallway bathroom with bedroom 5, Stand-alone rain shower, City view
- Bedroom 7 - Garden Suite: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower , Television, Lounge area, Kitchenette, Private entrance, Direct access to pool & garden
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Formal dining area with seating for 14
- Fully-equipped semi-industrial kitchen
- Ice maker
- Breakfast room
- Reading room
- Media room
- Streaming television
- Cable television
- Wood burning fireplace
- Central heating
- Security cameras - exterior facing
- Alarm system
- Swimming pool - heating included
- Alfresco dining with seating for 12
- Fruit trees
- Vegetable garden
- Outdoor lounge area
- Sun loungers
- Charcoal barbecue
- Parking - 4 spaces
STAFF & SERVICES
- Housekeeper - lives on-site
- Nightly turndown service
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Chef service
- Massage services
- Yoga & wellness classes
- Laundry service
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfers
- Babysitting services
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest:
- 2 minute walk to Castle of Santiago do Cacem
- 5 minute walk to centre of Santiago do Cacem
- 13 km to Vale Seco
- 18 km to Lagoa de Sante Andre
- 45 km to Comporta
- 14 km to Monte Velho Beach
- 16 km to White Sands Beach
- 23 km to Praia de Melides
- 141 km to Lisbon Portela Airport (LIS)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Santiago do Cacém, Portugal
Lisbon Portela Airport (LIS)
89 min drive
Monte Velho Beach
20 min drive
White Sands Beach
22 min drive
Praia de Melides
30 min drive
Points of Interest
Castle of Santiago do Cacem
3 min drive
20 min drive
Lagoa de Sante Andre
25 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.