Mhondoro Safari Lodge
6 guests · 3 bedrooms · 3 baths
Don’t be surprised to find a friendly elephant enjoying a sip of water from the pool at this breezy safari villa on the Welgevonden Game Reserve. In fact, why don’t you and the family have a catered breakfast out on the patio with your new pal? Then, hop into a private, guided vehicle and take a journey through over 300-km of hilly landscape inhabited by South Africa’s most beloved creatures.
Mhondoro Safari Lodge South celebrates Africa with an open-air layout decorated in warm wood tones, natural stone, and state of the art appliances. The full-staff will take care of all your meals, drinks, and housekeeping, leaving you with time to fully immerse yourself in the safari. With 2 activities per day, you’ll decide between guided vehicle tours and walking tours with Mhondoro guides. At the Welgevonden Game Reserve, you’ll have a high chance of seeing the big 5, lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and Cape buffalo, so make sure to pack a camera.
When you get home from an exciting day, you’ll find a completely refreshed and re-stocked villa waiting to host an unforgettable evening. After dinner, crack open a local beer and recount tales from the day by the living room’s fireplace. If you’re not quite ready to relax, head up to the star deck and see what you can spot through the telescope. Before bed, rejuvenate those safari muscles with a soothing soak in the master’s deep bathtub or enjoy a long alfresco shower.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Alfresco shower, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, Safe, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Lounge area, Television, Fireplace, Balcony, Outdoor furniture, Waterhole view
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Safe, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Balcony, Outdoor furniture, Waterhole view
- Bedroom 3: King size bed (can be converted to 2 twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Safe, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Balcony, Outdoor furniture, Waterhole view
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Formal dining area with seating for 10
- Yoga room
- Home gym
- Air conditioning
- Swimming pool - unheated
- Sun loungers
- Alfresco shower
- Alfresco dining area with seating for 10
- Lounge area
STAFF & SERVICES
- Daily housekeeping
- Private chef service - all meals included
- Local branded beers and hand-select house wines, soft drinks, teas & coffees
- Two safari activities per day - game drives in open vehicles or walking safaris with Mhondoro guide
- Private game drive vehicle and ranger
- Shuttle service from Welgevonden Reserve Main Gate or Welgevonden Airstrip to Mhondoro Game Lodge
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Laundry service
- Airport transfer
- Premium brands and liquors and additional reserve wines
- Spa treatments
- Late/early check-in fee
- Charter flights
Points of Interest
- Located within Welgevonden Game Reserve
- 295 km to Johannesburgh
- 281 km to OR Tambo International Airport (JNB)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
+ 1 more
Welgevonden Game Reserve, South Africa
O.R. Tambo International Airport
201 min drive
Points of Interest
220 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.