Our home is a spacious, bright flat with high ceilings in a converted Victorian hospital in East London. Close to Liverpool Street Station with excellent transport links - we have the overground, tube, buses, shops & great restaurants all around the corner. It's an ideal place to stay as a tourist but also if you are coming to work in the city. If you want to experience a different part of London, this is the place to be! It is very eclectic with lots of creative people buzzing around.
We are a friendly and welcoming couple. We love films, travel and meeting people from different countries and backgrounds. We like to make sure our guests are comfortable and happy, so feel free to ask any questions or for anything you may need via email or when you are staying with us. We are happy to chat but also appreciate your private space. As Airbnb guests ourselves, we understand what it's like to share a space and we know how important it is to find the right accommodation.
Our flat is light, large and spacious, it is on the first floor of a a converted Victorian hospital building. The ceilings are high and we have wooden floors. The building is a red brick building - to help locate it please look at the photos here.
The bedroom is an adequate size, next to the living room/kitchen. Please have a look at the photos here to see if it suits you. It has a Queen size bed, a small desk, chair, bedside table, side-light and cupboard. It is also has lots of natural light.
The house is always kept clean and we provide fresh, clean bedding, towels, shampoo and shower gel. Do let us know if you are cold and need extra covers or anything else. In the winter, London does get chilly and because of the space and large windows, the house takes some time to warm up, but otherwise it's very cosy and we often make a fire. In the summer, it is lovely and cool and the balcony gets a lot of sun.
We have 2 little cats, but they are very well trained and won't go into your room. They are happy to keep themselves to themselves! We keep the house extra clean, because of them. Feel free to get in touch or book! We look forward to meeting you.
We are happy for guests to use all the common spaces, including the kitchen, living room and the balcony. We are very accommodating and will do our best to make you feel at home and comfortable to ask for anything you may need.
Interaction with guests
We are always available for questions/advice, via phone or email or of course at home.
Other things to note
Guests are welcome to help themselves to unlimited fresh fruit, cereal, tea and coffee.
-We expect our guests to respect our living space, Airbnb is not a hotel booking site.
- No smoking indoors.
- No taking long baths, showers only. If necessary you can ask us!
- Do not leave any lights on behind you - i.e.: after using the toilet.
- Burning candles is not permitted.
- Suitable for 1 person only.
- No drugs or illegal activities of any kind!
- Non-paying friends are not allowed to visit except by express permission of your host.
- We prefer guests to take off their shoes, wash up after themselves and to help keep the room and house tidy as well as remembering to switch lights off when they leave.
-Please use recycling bins, food compost bin and rubbish bin appropriately. Pls ask if unsure!
- If you are arriving or returning home late, we may leave a light on for you, so please remember to switch it off afterwards.
- Guests should bring their own iPhone/Blackberry/mobile/cellphone chargers, electrical adapters, USB cables etc.
- Do not let any of our cats out if/when you're coming into the house from outside or going out on our terrace
- If you have lots of long hair, pls be careful not to let it go down the drain and instead put it in the bin after your shower!