Sunny, spacious and centrally located
family size 2-bedroom flat with: large living and dining room, fully equipped kitchen with breakfast area, and private access to a 800 sq ft terrace overlooking Sines' castle and bay. Wi-Fi use free of charge.
WBright, spacious and fully equipped contemporary top floor 2-bedroom flat; includes exclusive access to a 80 sqm private terrace, offering a 180 degree solar exposure, and wide south-facing panoramic views of downtown Sines, its castle and bay. The flat is deally suited to a small group of friends, couples and families. In particular its very spacious 80 sqm balcony is particularly suited as children’s playground. The apartment is located a mere 5-minute walk to the beach and city centre.
The ample living and dining room is equipped with TV and DVD player. There is a fireplace, two sofas and a dining table with chairs. The kitchen and marquise include fridge, washing machine, stove, microwave, gas ovens and other kitchen utensils. There is also a spacious table for informal meals.
The main room has a king-size bed and a very large wardrobe, a small writing desk/dressing table. The secondary room has two single bed. The fully-refurbished toilet includes a large shower cabin, air extractor and hairdryer. All rooms have its own window(s).The flat sits on the building’s top floor and cars can be freely parked, within sight, right next to the apartment block.
In addition to its historical, cultural and culinary heritage, Sines boasts a wide choice of outdoor leisure activities which will make your stay a memorable one.
Sines is located in one of the most preserved regions of the European Coast, protected by the Parque Natural do Sudoeste e Costa Vicentina (Forest Reserve of the Southwestern Alentejo and the Vincentian Coast). In only 30 kilometres of coast, Sines has beaches for everyone: family beaches, acessible to everyone and with many activities (S. Torpes: 9 Km; Morgavel: 11 Km; Porto Côvo: 18 Km; Ilha: 23 Km); evading beaches, for those who like large spaces (between the North Coast of Sines and the Troia Peninsula), and a group of small beaches with fine sand and clear waters, separated by large rocks, that look like they were made to create a feeling of intimacy and exclusivity (Samouqueira, Cerca Nova: 17 Km).
- Surf, bodyboard, windsurf and kitesurf lessons, in several Surf Schools in S. Torpes (9 Km) and Vieirinha (12 Km) beaches;
- Badoca Safari Park (15 Km)
- Rota Vicentina: a long distance path along the SW coast of Portugal, comprising two routes - the Historical Way and the Fishermen’s Trail. It totals 350 Km to walk, between the city of Santiago do Cacém (20 Km) and the Cape of St. Vincent, the most southwestern point of Europe.
- Festival Músicas do Mundo (FMM Sines): organised by the City Council of Sines since 1999, is the most important event of the cultural year in Sines and the biggest of the kind in the country. Held, every year, in July, FMM gathers the most important names of the world music circuit. With a programme and an environment that allows joining every kind of audiences to enjoy good music, it is a festival that manages to be at the same time youthful and for the family.
- Gastronomy Show “Tasquinhas Sines”: among all the reasons to come and visit Sines, the quality of its gastronomy is one of the first. The typical cooking of the district is based in fish and shellfish. The gastronomy of Sines and of the region celebrates in the beginning of the summer (July). Ten days of tasting pleasure, with the presence of “tasquinhas” (small eating houses) representing the restaurants and other local food houses. Dishes like açorda de marisco (shellfish panada) and feijoada de búzios (a dish of kidney beans with dog whelks) are also examples of the influence of the inland of Alentejo, resulting in an irresistible combination between the flavours of the coast and the plain.
- Carnival: Sines is one of the Portuguese cities with the greatest carnival tradition. Every year, thousands of people come from all parts of the country to see the Carnival (February) and the Summer Carnival (August).
Interaction with guests
Besides check-in/check-out, guests will have full privacy although I will always be present if you need my help.
You can enjoy all the amenities of the apartment, but given the fact that it is a building you must respect the common areas (lobby and elevator). You should leave the house clean when you leave (wash the dishes) and take the garbage outside at the end of your stay (there is a Recycle Bin right in front of the building). For security measures I recommend closing doors/windows during periods of absence. In case of doubt and/or difficulty feel free to contact me .