James thank you for the nice review as to our place and the breakfast.
Regarding your comment on how to improve our place, let me brief you on each detail since most are out of place and I am concerned that you have not really read the house rules dot to dot, on some points, viz:
1) our place is a PET FRIENDLY and you, yourselves got pets, hence I do not expect it will be 100percent tick free. Our group of guests prior to you have also pets but we never heard an issue from them about ticks. We have three dogs but they never come down as we also do not want them to be infested with ticks as we saw many stray dogs around. This is our first time to hear from our guests about this ticks We will look into it and check every nook and cranny as I suspect maybe you have brought it yourselves since you also have pets and this could have been carried down from your end. I just wonder why you never mentioned about this to us personally when I met you when we serve the breakfast.
2) About cleanliness, I am personally cleaning the toilets/bathrooms, and during my cleaning I never encountered any moth eggs nor spider webs as I even make sure bathroom walls are cleaned up and scrubbed. I even asked my 10y,o to sweep the windows were some soil and leaves dropped during the last few days that it have been raining. When we cleaned up now after our other guests moved out from Baguio, I never saw the so called moth eggs you were mentioning especially on the wall as I remember I have even thrown some cleaning agent called Domex to scrub the wall. Maybe those are our "house pets" the little lizards around because moth eggs never stay on bathroom walls as walls are wet esp on the tiles. Those are just coming from the lizards. Anyways, I will check on it again for the 10th time as NONE I haven't seen as of this writing I did the cleaning myself.
3) About toiletries, I cannot remember if I have mentioned about free bath soap and shampoo. If we provide, it will be together with the towels as we normally do just like in hotels. Its embarrassing to let guests use old bath soap. It is clearly not intended for next guests since those were just placed on the bathroom caddy but its not provided for your group otherwise it will be together with the towels. Those you found were actually from the previous guests left on the common bathroom and those were not intended for the next guests to use = this are left over of the guests which I have overlooked to remove however, we have bath towels placed on the bed and we provide only TOILET PAPERS because we are not a HOTEL to provide such. We do the same before but we stopped doing it since some guests prefers to bring their own. Those watered down shampoos were just left over from the guests as I have mentioned we do not provide anymore toiletries in the bathrooms to avoid wastage as some were just kept in water container thus' it just melted out without being used. Kindly read your itinerary receipt provided by airbnb as a newbie you should be focused on whats in the fine print based on the house rules in order for you to know what to expect.
4) Our listing's location to the beach is very remote and walking distance for us and the previous guests. It was mentioned in our description of the listing, specifically the distance that its a 1500m and for us 10min walk or 15min depending on the person, meaning someone as young as us, its just 10min walk as my hubby is a 6ft 2inches long legged guy who walk and i do not think it is a big issue because it is also in our description, otherwise, we will say beachfront. I guess, you are the one who failed to read your itinerary receipt which comprehensively explains our place and the distance.
In your private feedback you have mentioned of a hotel who could provide you 2700.00 for 5 people, maybe its not in Baloy Beach because even an open cottage will cost already 2k for just 5people. We know hotels like Subiza, Harleys and Mango Hotel which are all beach front as well as Blue Rock wherein one of our guests also stayed after an overnight with us and they paid 2k for just 2persons,to count it all you are 8 pax who booked our house and we charge you below what is the prevailing market rate of fellow hosts that is why you choose our place. I disagree you saw a low cost hotel which is a beachfront especially ours have privacy and you solely can use the whole house. In Harleys we have slept many times as well as in Seascape during the time we visited Subic but I never encountered a hotel with comforters here, all of them used flat sheets which are just plain and not soft to the skin. And they charge more than 2700 as you have mentioned, otherwise you would have stayed there, is'nt it? and kids are free with us unlike in hotels you need to pay for extra head.
6) Our listing has been online since summer and it is our first time to hear that our beds and bedding were not good enough to give comforts for your family. Our beds were comfortable as those are ALL SPRING BED from the U.S. except as to those beds in the fan rooms are Uratex mattresses only bought recently. As to bedding and pillows, be reminded our place is not a five star hotel that you expect bedding with high thread count but nevertheless, to give you an idea those comforters situated in the air con room with an Ensuite bathroom were high end fabric as well as the orange set were imported from India we bought for 3k each. The comforters were bought from HMR just a month ago and I wonder why you said those are old and grumpy except for one single size comforter that was included in the fan room. Actually those beds are spring bed especially the one in the master bedroom where an air conditioner is located. All bedding are washed with a downy fabric conditioners and we always washed our comforters and pillows. Those pillows were bought from SM Home and if you take out the pillow case you wont see any signs of old usage as all the pillows were white.. We will post the pictures in our (Hidden by Airbnb) page so you may see as what you said are not correct and is very inconsistent. We are traveler also especially my other daughter got sensitive skin and we make sure pillow cases and pillows itself are washed and comfortable. Maybe your relatives missed on the three others which actually we put it in the cabinets since not suitable for use as we need to have it replaced. And even mentioned to them they can replace the bed covers but i did not say they can get the other pillows.
7) LASTLY, ABOUT the conflict of the meter reading for power, it was an oversight on the OTHER THINGS to NOTE column but those were not mentioned in the itinerary receipt, hence, if you have read the HOUSE RULES provided, you will not have confusion. Kindly always read the HOUSE RULES other than that, the rest are just added discussions and in case of conflict what will prevail shall be what is printed out in fine print as what you have mentioned all guests should read it. And we thank you for pointing it out since its strange your partner did not see the inclusions of the power charges in the itinerary receipt but she saw what is in the description of the OTHER THINGS TO NOTE, and insisted on paying a lower fee which I understand.
As to our distance the beach, we always tell our GUESTS WERE NOT BEACHFRONT as its even written NEAR THE BEACH and we are walking distance and it depends on a persons physique to walk or to ride a trike as we have a 24/7 transport.
By the way, would like to mention that if your partner, Marghieth find my reply via chat messages combative, I am just open and vocal to state the fact that what is our prevailing charges are what is listed in the house rules not in the OTHER THINGS TO NOTE and why would I be apologetic when I am stressing the fact that you never read your itinerary receipt. I am more concerned of the electric charge? of course not, I did not even provide immediately the bank account to deposit your payment as we are busy that day but because you just left without proper turn over which is very strange for us since majority of our guests who stays in a host listing should properly turn over the house we have offered to host and you guys left without saying anything and we just live above which is just a "call away". Remember this is a hosting we offered to you, and we share our space for a fee that is not at par with a hotel and a home we allow your family to stay which is based on trust and hospitality.