My place is close to Amsterdam Sloterdijk train station, tram stop (15 mins to the centre), many shops local restaurants, and parks. You’ll love my place because of the private balcony, green views, big garden closeness to the city centre, and friendly dogs!! My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, and business travelers. My home is especially suitable for non-smoking vegetarians and vegans as I have a house rule of no meat or fish products in the house, and no smoking on the premises!
A big semi-detached house in Amsterdam West is an oasis of rest located in a green area with everything you want to visit nearby!
There is a large private garden where you can sit down for a coffee or glass of wine on sunny days. It is a three floor house, the ground floor is a shared space of 2 kitchens (one for guests and one for landlady), lounge, dining area, toilet and garden. The first floor is for tenants/guests (2 guest rooms besides this listing) and they have their own shared bathroom. The second floor is for the landlady (with her own bathroom).
I have 2 dogs so you should be an animal lover! While I personally clean the guest rooms, and a cleaner comes once a week to clean communal spaces, some pet hair and dust is inevitable! Also, whilst generally very well behaved, dogs are, well, dogs! So there will be occasional barking and noisy playing!
The house is located 15 min by public transport to the city centre. Walking distance 3 min to tram (no.7 & 14) and bus (no. 21) and 5 minutes walk to metro (no.50), 10 min to train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk (e.g. travel time to centre only 6min or to airport only 15min ) - hence perfectly connected.
Check in 2pm - 8pm
Check out by 10am
Sorry, it is not possible to leave luggage before and after the official check in and check out times respectively.
WIFI is available for guests.
Bathroom, kitchen, dining room, downstairs toilet, and garden are shared areas (see above). Please note that no meat or fish is allowed in the house, and the entire property (including garden and balconies) is non-smoking.
The room is furnished with a double bed, wardrobe, cupboard, bedside tables with lamps, and a large rug. Bedding, towels, a coffee maker and hairdryer are provided in the room. You may use the washing machine (upon prior arrangement), iron and ironing board.
Interaction with guests
I send information packs to all guests with tourist and travel information, and have Amsterdam guide-books available in the house, so hopefully most of your questions are taken care of. For other questions you can always email or text me if you don't see me in the house.
Other things to note
As mentioned above, the house is a non-smoking, vegetarian household. I myself am vegan and like to keep a smoke, meat and fish free environment so myself and my guests can relax without unpleasant smells.
House rules - General
1. No smoking anywhere in the house including garden and balconies
2. No drugs of any kind allowed in the house (both hard and soft drugs)
3. No meat or fish allowed in the house.
4. The house dogs are not allowed in the guest rooms - please keep your door shut.
5. No parties, no guests at any time, other than those confirmed in the reservation
6. Please be respectful of other guests - be quiet after 9pm
7. Please wash up dishes after yourself in the kitchen.
8. If you wish to use the washing machine, please ask the landlady to arrange a suitable timeslot.
House rules – Booking, check-in and liason with Landlady
1. I ask for an ID copy to be sent to me before arrival as part of my check in procedure (driving license or passport, scan or photo).
2. After your booking is confirmed you need to send me the expected time of your arrival (or window), so I can be sure someone is available to welcome you. If there is a change in the required time for check in, e.g due to a delayed flight, and you will not be checking in during the window specified, you must text me as soon as you can to give me a new expected window. I cannot guarantee there will be someone available to check you in if you don't do this, since my Air BnB is a private home and not a hotel. Thank-you for appreciating this!
3. Please respect the landlady's privacy and need for personal time. Please do not enter the third floor of the house or call up to the landlady when she in on her floor (unless in an emergency of course!). I am happy to be contacted by email or text at any time and will reply as soon as I can!