Heartsease is a comfortably appointed, cozy stacked-log cabin located in a quiet neighborhood with (ahem, rough-terrain) private beach access, outfitted especially for families. From wine glasses to sippy cups, Heartsease has everything you need for an island getaway. Heartsease is the perfect place to stay while visiting the wonders of South Whidbey Island! See heartseaselogcabin at blogspot.
1) Check in is 3pm and check out is by noon. Depending on availability, we may be able to be flexible on the times.
2) We are sensitive to guests with allergies and prohibit smoking on the property, and have some pet restrictions. Please inquire about pets if you want to bring yours with you.
3) While the neighborhood is very quiet and safe, we cannot take responsibility for your belongings (i.e., bikes left outside the shed, etc.)
4) Please clean out the grill after each use. Moldy grease is yucky!
5) In addition to the basics of TP, paper towels, we also try to provide s'more ingredients, all regular condiments, sugar, spices, tea, coffee, hot cocoa and lemonade mix, as well as some wood for the fire pit, that guests are free to use. If anything has been used up, or running low, the next guests will appreciate you letting me know by text so I can add it to my shopping list.
6) We try hard to keep as much out of the landfill as possible here in the Northwest. Please separate out your recycling as much as possible and don't be afraid to use the compost for kitchen scraps.
7) Guests using the fire pit are responsible keeping it safe and following any local burn bans. This includes not leaving the fire (or young children!) unattended and extinguishing it when you done. Up-to-date information on local burn bans can be found at (URL HIDDEN)
For check out:
--Put all used linens (sheets, towels, etc) on the laundry room floor.
--Get at least one load washed and in the dryer.
--Wash all dishes. It's fine to leave dishes out to dry.
--Return items to their original location, within reason.
--Make sure thermostats are set between 55-60°F.
--Return any patio furniture that you got out to the shed. (Some items stay out all summer; just return the items that were in the shed when you got there.)
--Place garbage bag out in the trash cans. If you have more recycling than can fit in the designated can, please leave in the shed and I will recycle as soon as I can. Compost bags should be put in the compost bin.
--Close and lock all windows and doors, including shed.
--Return all keys to where they belong!
I thought marriage was a breeze until I had kids. I thought parenting was easy until the firstborn became a toddler. I thought two kids was a juggling act until I had three. I haven't been right about anything except who I married...and convincing him we should buy this cabin. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
The Denise half of Denise-and-Dwayne