Nestled in the pines on 3/4 of an acre, just up the road from Carmel-by-the-Sea and a couple of miles from historic Monterey.
Charming 60's style cottage in the woods. Huge windows let in natural light all the way around the home. Central heating, full kitchen and washer/ dryer. Front deck with seating, back patio with view of the yard. Wood floors, full newly remodeled bathroom with bathtub, two bedrooms.
Nestled in the pines, just a few minutes from Carmel-by-the-Sea and historic Monterey. Conveniently close to Highway 1 for Big Sur travelers scenic destinations. Flanders House is a single story home. It offers wood floors, and large windows, a relaxing, naturally lit atmosphere with heating options of a wood stove or forced air heating.
Outdoor space to enjoy includes a back patio and yard, as well as a porch across the front of the house to relax in the sunshine and enjoy your morning coffee.
Nestled in the front yard is a Hansel and Gretel style custom built play house, a special delight for toddlers.
Our home offers a full kitchen, stove, oven, dishwasher and washer/dryer. Dishes, utensils, pots/pans, toaster, coffee maker, blender etc. Outdoor propane barbecue and dining seating both indoors and outside.
Both bedrooms have queen-size beds. The larger bedroom has a door to the front deck. A futon queen-size sofa-bed is in the living/dining room. A Pack n Play crib is available as well as a high chair. Shampoo/conditioner, hair dryer, towels and linens are provided.
A television (for DVD usage, no cable or satellite) with Samsung smart DVD player you can stream Netflix or Amazon prime is in the living room. Internet only is available. There is no land-line at our home but a good area for most cell phone usage.
Wireless Internet is available.
Guests have entire space available with exception to the garage and basement room.
Interaction with guests
We live a few minutes south in a rural community and are available by our landline. We are natives of the area so please call us with any questions. We do not have cell service here at our home but do when in town. Please do not hesitate to reach us at our home.
Other things to note
We will offer a discounted rate for a stay over 7 days.
You will find welcome check-in, check-out instructions, wifi network and password and keys on the counter across from the front door. Please note that although the key lets you into the house it does not automatically unlock the door knob. The key fits the back door as well as the front door. Please replace the key in the lock box asap.
The back bedroom smoke alarm will sound if you shower with both doors open.
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement") is made by and between Norman Cotton & Teresa Fife (“Homeowner") and _____________________ (“Guest") as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property. The property is located at:
25242 Flanders Drive, Carmel Ca. 93923
The property is fully furnished and includes kitchen appliances, cooking utensils, pots/pans, dishes & utensils, linens, towels, some books, games, DVDs and BBQ.
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist only of Guest and the following persons (please print names):
1. _________________ 2. _______________ 3. _________________
4. _________________ 5. ________________ 6._________________
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 4 persons, but a futon sofa bed can accommodate children.
4. Term of the Lease. The lease begins at 4 p.m. on ____________ (the “Check-in Date") and ends at 11 a.m. on ________________ (the “Check-out Date").
5. Minimum Stay: This property requires a two night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than two days, the guest will be charged the two-night rate.
6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
8. Rental Rate and Fees
a. Deposit: A deposit of $500 is due upon booking prior to the Check-In Date.
The deposit is for security and shall be refunded within 7 days of the Checkout Date provided no deductions are made due to:
i. damage to the property or furnishings;
ii. dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
iii. any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest's stay.
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
b. Rental Rate. Payment in full of the following fees shall be due upon booking:
$ 275 per night x ____ nights = $_________
Cleaning fee $ 125
Sales Tax $ (10.5%)
TOTAL Due $_________
9. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the deposit will be refunded as follows:
(SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN): 100%, less (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) fees, if cancelled 30 days prior to the Check-in Date.
Airbnb: 50% refund, less Airbnb fees, up to one week prior to Check-in Date.
10. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler's insurance. Please refer to (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) or Airbnb websites for further information.
The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, as evidenced by the signatures set forth below.
Signature: _________ Signature:_______________________
Name (print) Norman Cotton__________ Name (print): _____
Signature: Phone # (during stay):______________
Name (print) Teresa Fife________
Phone # (during stay): (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or cell (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
1. There is NO smoking, campfires or candles allowed anywhere on the property inside or outside of building.
2. In consideration of all of our future guests with allergies, NO pets are allowed.
3. Out of respect for our neighbors absolutely NO drone devices are allowed on the property.
4. No trespassing on neighboring properties. Pubic hiking trails are many in the area, closest is Hatton Canyon trail, 1.5 mile long offering hiking access to the mouth of Carmel Valley (restaurants and shopping). Please feel free to peruse the Big Sur hiking trail books located on the book shelves (please be sure to return them before you leave).
5. We strive to honor our neighbors by maintaining the tranquility of our neighborhood and therefore do not allow parties or amplified music.
6. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Homeowners must be notified of any other person in/on the property. Any other person in/on the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
7. The house is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
8. Housekeeping: Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units. Only use appliances for their intended use.
9. PARKING – Off street parking is limited to 2 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
10. Fireplace: The fireplace is a wood stove with insert. Do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace. Please refer to "How to build a fire" in a wood stove.
11. Water and Septic: The [house] is on a public water and private septic system. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper.
From Jan 1 - Jun 27, 2018 the minimum stay is 30 nights.