Enjoy a bright, quiet, very clean home during your SF stay. We love this peaceful retreat, including garage for one small car. Our place is 3 Blocks to light rail transit downtown (30 min), a few minutes to Golden Gate Park, grocery stores, restaurants and more.
Enjoy a space with custom made furnishings by a local San Francisco designer! Parking included. The unit is clean, airy, bright and more. Brand new windows and furnace keep you warm, as will our hospitality.
The master bedroom features a full bed. The second bedroom features a real queen bed in second bedroom, including mattress, box and frame (and new bedding).
Upstairs is a classic 1940s but recently refreshed full bathroom. Guests also have access to a second full bath on ground/garage level.
The ground floor includes a bathroom (and our bedroom not available to guests.) It also has one compact car parking. Our washer and dryer is open to guests.
A car isn't necessary in San Francisco with transit, Uber/Lyft and hop on buses. If you plan to rent a car, we have a narrow garage and only compact cars and SUVs will fit. Street parking is available for smaller cars on our block.
The upper floor of the house, plus garage level second bathroom is for your use. There is relatively easy street parking for SF, within 2 blocks.
You may use the garage parking space. You will need to walk up to the front door, down the stairs and open garage from the inside. If you'd like access to the garage remote, it is free to borrow our garage opener, but we charge a $60 penalty if not returned on property at checkout.
Interaction with guests
We are often near and available to help or advise. We love helping guests plan their visit in advance of their stay, and sharing tailored insider tips when we greet and tour you.
1) Please be considerate and do not block our neighbor's driveway at all. They have the right to tow you if your car extends into their "curb cut" or slope for their driveway. You may block our garage door, but only a smaller car fits directly in front of our house. Please don't park on the sidewalk.
2) Please remove shoes at entry. We don't walk on our clean carpet with shoes.
3) Please try to eat in the kitchen only. Please only water in the bedrooms.
4) Contact us with any questions or needs. We are often nearby.
5) On check out please put your sheets and towels in the washer and start it. Please wash all dishes and leave them clean on shelves or drying on rack.
6) Please place garbage, compost and recycling in the bins in yard. Guests staying over Wednesday's are requested to put the bins out for Th 8-9am pickup.
7) Extra linens, towels and bedding in the hall closet.
8) Please leave belongings at lower level untouched.
9) Please no loud noise after 9pm or gatherings of more than your group plus 2.
10) Children: Infants are fine if they aren't walking or scooting. Age 4 and older is okay. We just have a steep internal original staircase to garage that is unsafe for toddlers.
From Oct 6 - 31, 2017 the minimum stay is 3 nights.
We're newlyweds in SF. Leena is warm, intelligent, curious and loves hosting friends and guests. Norman is an SF native, an industrial designer, quiet, kind and unfailingly helpful. This property has urban designer pieces from Norman's circle of artist friends. We've been to 37 countries, and have loved Japan, Bali, Spain, India and more on recent trips.