As of September 28th the place has had a make over: it's been painted and an entertainment center has been added. Parking is free. Downtown Pilsen is an up and coming artist neighborhood in Chicago, is a 5 min walk from the train stop, and a 15 minute train ride to downtown. It has a 50" HD TV, Bluetooth 30 watt sound bar, Amazon Fire Stick, and wifi with 75MB, so it's fast. It has stove, oven, microwave, toaster, rice cooker, dishes, cookware and silverware. Towels and linens are provided.
The apartment has two bedrooms with two full size beds in each room. The back room is 8.5 feet by 7.5 ft.(2.60meters by 2.3 m), the front room is 9 ft. by 8 ft. (2.74m by 2.4m), and the bathroom is 7.5 ft. by 7.5 ft. (2.3m by 2.3m) including measuring the shower area. Each room has a closet, space heater, and towels. The kitchen has cook ware, dishes, and silverware. If you need something I don't have to cook with tell me and I'll go get it. The bathroom is on the smaller side. In an area in the hallway the floor is slightly damaged, but it's easy to avoid. Be sure to click on the picture to see the entire picture and then you’ll see it circled on the lower right hand corner of the pic.
Parking is free. Be sure to read the signs to know if street cleaning will be arriving. They usually come from the month of November every 4th Monday between the hours of 7AM-9AM, or something like that. If you're driving and would prefer to drive to The Loop instead of paying for the train, then be sure to download the app, "Parkwhiz" or "SpotHero.(URL HIDDEN)
I like to interact with guests. You will be given your own set of keys to the building and apartment and can come and go as you please.
It's at a great location with restauraunts around that I'm frequenting always. Cool pubs are down the street. It's directly across from the National Museum of Mexican Art, which is free. Free parking.
Thanks for viewing. This place is perfect for college-aged or young professionals, but everyone with positive and safe energy is welcome, too.
This neighborhood is considered an up and coming where some professionals and artists have settled. Some students also live here. It's hip with a raw feeling to it. I love it. Within 1 block there's an internet cafe, called NiteCap, and delicious authentic Mexican restaurants nearby. Pubs are easy to walk to. I recommend Simone's, but Harbee's is closer. It's also next to a park and a Mexican Museum. There's a liquor store right next (West side) of the train station and a Family Dollar- which if you buy something there you can withdraw money and the ATM fees are only $1.50. So I go there to get laundry cash all of the time... and where I get my Junior Mints. Aldi, a supermarket, is nearby.
•The Pink Line train station is less than 5 minutes walk to my place.
•The bus #18 on 18th St. is 1 minute away.
•Bike rental is available next to the train station.
If you're able to send me an inquiry about certain dates then those dates are, indeed available and I'd love to host you. For everyone's safety I do request that guests upload a picture ID to AirBnB's website.
Train and bus passes can be purchased at any train station and the attendants are very helpful if you have any questions. It's about $20 for a 3-day pass and $28 for a 7-day pass for both bus and the train. And to rent bikes for 24 hours it's $7.
Four guests can stay here. Maybe 5 guests, but they must sleep on the couch.
Other things to note
I ask for a security deposit because I have a TV and sound bar, mainly, I'd like protected, just in case. I do not believe that it would be charged unless you gave your permission or Airbnb charges it, but please ask AirBnB any questions because I am unfamiliar with the details.
License or registration numberCity registration pending
Learn about this number
1) Check in is from 4-10PM.
2) Check out is at 11:00AM.
3) Please read the itinerary that AirBnB will send you upon booking. The address and wifi information is on there.
4) Read the signs as far as parking and yes, it's free and available.
5) And if you book the room for safety reasons I would prefer to greet you and hand you the keys, not your guests.
6) I've found it best to communicate with guests only through the Airbnb message thread because it helps me remember guests' questions. So please talk to me through that Airbnb message thread only.
7) If keys get lost I must charge $50 to replace them.
8) Please wash, dry, and put away dirty dishes. If dishes are left out, I must charge a $20 fee.
9) Before you check out please empty the garbages in each room and in the kitchen and take the garbage around to the back yard and place it in the larger garbage cans. Then place a clean garbage bag in the garbage can in the kitchen. Again, if this isn't done or if it's left in the back hallway then I must charge $20.
10) please tell me a day in advanced what time in between the hours of 4-10 you will be arriving.
Thanks for your inquiry and interest. I work hard to accommodate guests and be sure that the rooms are very clean. If you have any questions, please ask. :)