Enjoy your privacy with a two bedroom suite including family/tv room and private bath. You have full access to the shared kitchen (with fridge space) as well as great outdoor fenced yard with rope swing, fire pit and hottub. We have a porta crib available for your use as well as a Queen blow-up mattress.
Our entire home is smoke-free inside. The private 3/4 bath right across the hall from the 1st bedroom upstairs. This bedroom has a queen bed and built-in bunk beds large enough to sleep an older child or small adult -- 5'6" length -- NOT full twin size. Just down the stairs is your private living area and second bedroom with double bed.
You may enjoy the common areas, shared with hosts: living room, kitchen, dining room, breakfast bistro area, front and back yards, fire pit and swing, and hot tub. The Hottub is kept at 101 -- comfortable on the coldest winter nights. Bathrobes for your use are hanging in the bedrooms (clean but not new). Coffee and coffee pot, electric hot water pot will be out on the counter for your use, and you are welcome to use any other items in our fully equipped kitchen. We have a green tub in our refrigerator for you to keep personal food items.
Interaction with guests
We enjoy meeting people and are happy to offer advice in a friendly environment. We enjoying visiting and having a glass of wine with our guests, yet we are equally happy to provide you with a quiet, private environment. When we are home, we will have regular coffee and our special blend of genmai cha, macha, and sencha green tea for your enjoyment in the mornings, as well as other teas. We will be using the kitchen and patios mostly, and then retire to our private rooms in the evenings.
If you are up and about when Jim is cooking breakfast, he will offer to make you a simple breakfast of eggs and toast.
Other things to note
Sometimes we can arrange for bicycles (up to four) available for our guests to use. Please pre-arrange with us to make sure this is an option.
Please treat our home respectfully, but feel free to use it fully!
1. No smoking inside of the house, please.
2. Pets: ONLY non-shedding, house-trained dogs. The back yard is fenced. No cats as my mother is allergic.
3. Quiet Hours: Our neighborhood observes quiet hours from 10 pm-6am. Please be considerate of this especially when using the back yard fire pit, hot tub, etc.
4. Hot Tub: Feel free to use the hot tub which is set at 101 -- but please add 1/4 -1/2 capful of shock after each use, depending on number of people -- and wait a full hour before entering afterwards. The shock can be found in the red basket in the laundry room.
5. Bikes: Feel free to bring your own bikes. (If you wish to use our bikes, that should be prearranged as sometimes they go with us.)
7. Linens and Trash: Please put dirty linens in the laundry room and take trash out to the large trash bins under the carport
8. Dishes: Please load dirty dishes into the dishwasher and run. (Detergent is under the sink)
9. If you bring a pet, please clean up after it -- please no "poop" left in the yard as we do not have animals of our own.
9. Porch lights: Please leave these ON if you leave when we are not home.
This host has 99 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Jim and Anna are educators and the proud parents of Mike and Katherine and grandparents of Landon and Lily! We enjoy traveling, meeting new people and sharing what we love about living in Grand Junction and traveling. Jim is an automotive tech instructor at Western Colorado Community College, and Anna is a retired secondary principal and acting educational consultant and executive skills coach. As hosts we are happy to get to know our guests, have a glass of wine and share information to make your stay awesome OR give you privacy and the sense that you are here alone. It is up to you!