About this listing
Located in the quaint riverside village of Morattico VA, this charming vacation home provides a relaxing getaway from city and urban living. The home is located on the Rappahannock river in VA's Norther Neck.
Located in the quaint riverside village of Morattico VA, this wonderful vacation home provides a relaxing getaway from city and urban living. The home is situated on an acre of land and provides waterfront access to the Lancaster Creek with views of the Rappahannock River. There are three bedrooms and two full bathrooms (one with tub and one with shower), two screened porches (front and back) and a spacious living room with working fireplace. Five ceiling fans throughout the house and in each bedroom along with central A/C keep the home comfortable all summer long. A dock on the property with built-in seating provides water access for canoes/kayaks, crabbing/fishing, entertaining, and watching incredible sunsets over the water. Two kayaks and their accessories are available for use.
The house has a total of two beds (king and queen). The third bedroom contains a sectional sofa that sleeps two adults comfortably and the living room sofa will sleep one adult comfortably. Please note that the sofas are not pull-out sleepers, but were selected based on being comfortable for sleeping (ie, seat cushions lay flat and the back cushions can be removed to make up twin-sized bed sleeping arrangements.
Other things to note
Dogs are welcome and require a $50 pet fee.
1. Smoking is not allowed inside home. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The Property is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Parking: Vehicles are to be parked in the driveway on the gravel only.
7. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. Linens and towels are not included in the house. Blankets, bedspreads and pillows are provided. Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. You must remove all food and trash when you leave. Do not leave any trash in the outside trash can when you check out.
8. Fireplace: The fireplace is a wood-burning vented fireplace. The flue must be opened before igniting firewood and left open for at least 24 hours after visible fire is extinguished. Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace other than firewood provided. Do not attempt to clean or remove any ashes from the fireplace. Fireplace is not to be used April 15th through September 15; it is not operational during this time.
9. Water and Septic System: This property uses well water and is filtered by a whole-house filtration system. The wastewater is treated by an onsite septic system. Do not flush anything other than septic-safe toilet paper. Don’t deposit coffee grounds, cooking fats, food waste, paper towels, disposable diapers, facial tissues, cigarette butts, and other non-decomposable materials into the house sewer. These materials won’t decompose, will fill the septic tank and will plug the system.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 18 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I grew up in Richmond, VA and spent many hours each summer on the James river, Chesapeake Bay and intercostal waters of Eastern Shore Virginia where my dad grew up. Naturally I just love being on the river in the Northern Neck of VA and enjoy all the great things about this part of the state--fresh produce and seafood, beautiful parks, wineries, historical landmarks, etc.