This 3 room suite is located in the heart of GJ -- within walking distance to CMU, Main Street, Sherwood Park, and the St. Mary's hospital. As well as privacy, guests will have full access to kitchen, laundry, hot tub, fire pit, shaded yard, and eating areas. If you have 5+, one person would be on the floor, and for a similar price, consider adding our second bedroom: See our 2 bedroom suite at this link: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/11315763?s=XSSZLiU2
Our entire home is smoke-free inside. You will have your own private bedroom and family room as well as a private 3/4 bath. Your family room has Cable TV, Netflix, Roku, and lots of Disney and other videos/CDs. You will also have full access to the shared kitchen for cooking and other common areas.
You may enjoy the living room, kitchen, dining room, breakfast bistro area, front and back yards, fire pit and swing, and hot tub. The Hottub is kept at 101 -- comfortable on the coldest winter nights. Bathrobes for your use are hanging in the laundry room (clean but not pretty or new). Coffee and coffee pot, electric hot water pot will be out on the counter for your use, and you are welcome to use any other items in our fully equipped kitchen. We have a green tub in our refrigerator for you to keep personal food items.
Interaction with guests
We enjoy meeting people and are happy to offer advice in a friendly environment. We enjoying visiting with our guests, yet we are equally happy to provide you with a quiet, private environment. When we are home, we will have regular coffee and several types of teas or hot coaoa for your enjoyment in the mornings. We will be using the kitchen and patios mostly, and then retire to our private area in the evenings.
Other things to note
Sometimes we have bicycles (up to four) available for our guests to use. Please pre-arrange with us to make sure this is an option.
Please treat our home respectfully, but feel free to use it fully!
Parking is limited to the street and no more than two cars, please.
1. No smoking inside of the house.
2. Please limit perfumes/sprays, as the host has allergies.
3. Pets: ONLY as pre-arranged: non-shedding, house-trained dogs who do not get on the furniture. The back yard is fenced, but pick up and dispose of your dog's waste, please. NO CATS as my mother who visits is highly allergic.
4. Quiet Hours: Our neighborhood observes quiet hours from 10 pm (weekends) and 9pm (weekdays) -7am. Please be considerate of this especially when using the back yard fire pit, hot tub, etc.
5. Hot Tub: Feel free to use the hot tub -- but please don't press any buttons except for jet 1 and 2 and temperature. Also, please add 1/4 -1/2 capful of shock after each use, depending on number of people -- and wait a full hour before entering afterwards. The shock can be found next to the red basket in the laundry room.
5. Bikes: Feel free to bring your own bikes. (If you wish to use our bikes, that should be prearranged as sometimes they go with us.)
7. Linens and Trash: Please put dirty towels on the bathroom floor or shower and take trash out to the large trash bins in front of the house on the west side of front steps.
8. Dishes: Please load dirty dishes into the dishwasher and run. (Detergent is under the sink)
9. Porch lights: Please leave these ON if you leave when we are not home.
Jim and Anna are educators and the proud parents of Mike and Katherine and grandparents of Landon and Lily! We enjoy traveling, meeting new people and sharing what we love about living in Grand Junction and traveling. Jim is an automotive tech instructor at Western Colorado Community College, and Anna is a retired secondary principal and acting educational consultant and executive skills coach. As hosts we are happy to get to know our guests, have a glass of wine and share information to make your stay awesome OR give you privacy and the sense that you are here alone. It is up to you!