About this listing
We are travel bloggers & thirty-somethings ;-). The last years we have been travelling through Africa with our truck. We would love to host you here in our typical Berlin flat with high ceilings and wooden floor - located in the vibrant quarter Friedrichshain. Your room is spacious, modern and the big windows let in lots of light. The location is very central (10 min with metro U5 to Alexanderplatz, Tram M10 to East Side Gallery + direct connection to airport Schönefeld).
Our apartment is located in the popular "Samariterkiez" of Friedrichshain - only 10 min by foot to Simon-Dach-Str- & Boxhagener Platz. There are many shops, cafés, bars & restaurants nearby. Your room is big and cosy. The house ist a typical "Berliner Altbau" with high ceilings and floorboards. Your room looks out to the courtyard. The room has two big windows which let in a lot of light. The high quality mattress is really comfortable.
No cooking! But you can use the coffee machine, the microwave, the fridge, the kettle and the dishwasher. Also we can give you recommendations for eating out - from restaurants to takeaways.
The bathroom you share with your hosts.
There is a washing machine, but please ask before you use it.
Interaction with guests
As travel bloggers and freelancers we work from home, so we have time to and answer your questions. Sometimes we might even have time to show you around in our neighborhood, if you like . We are looking forward to meeting travellers from different countries. When we are not travelling at the moment, we are happy to make travellers feel at home in our apartment.
Other things to note
- When you stay in our sleeping room, we sleep in the living room. You only share the apartment with your hosts.
- We can only give you one set of keys, so if you are two you have to share the keys.
- Our room is best for individuals & couples (for exceptions please contact us before instant booking and introduce yourself.)
- Our room is not the right fit for you, if you only come to Berlin to party every night.
- Check-in is only possible from 5 pm. Unfortunately you can't drop off your baggage earlier. (On weekends an earlier check-in & baggage drop-off might be possible - please ask us)
We are looking forward to host you. It is important to read our houserules, so you'll know what we expect. Thanks!
- Don't bring any visitors to our apartment.
- the room is only suitable for non-smokers
- we prefer a single person or a couple as guests (for exceptions please contact us before instant booking & introduce yourself)
- Respect our neighbors: Be quiet after 10 pm.
- Bathroom: Please sit down on the toilet & open the window after showering
- It is not allowed to enter our private rooms without our invitation
- If you brake anything, notify us as soon as possible.
- Make an appointment with us for your arrival
- Illegal downloads (e.g. torrent) & surfing on illegal websites and porn sites is prohibited
- No pets in the apartment (no exceptions because your hosts suffer from allergies)
- Furthermore we just expect common sense & that you treat our stuff with care.
If you have any questions or problems, don't hesitate to contact us before and during your stay!
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
We are a German couple from Berlin, who work as travel bloggers, digital nomads & freelancers. Since 2010 we have been travelling across Africa in our 48-year old 4x4 truck. Now we returned to Germany to prepare our beloved truck for new adventures.
We love to meet people from all over the world and exchange travel stories. We love exploring cities by foot and just to soak up the atmosphere. Also we are real foodies and like to try different craft beers (especially IPAs) .
About the home
When you stay in an Airbnb, you’re staying in someone’s home.