A small and simple retreat outfitted with Scandinavian-inspired furnishings and lime-washed plywood joinery. The A-Frame House is perfect for couples or small families. Take in landscape-architect designed gardens from the picnic table then explore the local beaches, lighthouse, some great walks and the nearby hot springs.
Unique A-Frame Design, beautiful lofty ceilings and a great sense of space make this the perfect setting for rest and relaxation.
Recently renovated to include landscape architect-designed gardens, lime-washed Plywood joinery, claw foot bath, Ilve 5 burner gas stove and oven and a brand new dishwasher.
Gas BBQ and picnic table with umbrella.
Scandinavian-inspired furnishings inside and lots of space to run around outside in the backyard with soccer net, sandpit and cubby house.
Parking spaces for two cars.
Cape Schanck is the perfect place from which to explore the Mornington Peninsula. Close to the bay and back beaches, golf, wineries, only minutes from the hot springs and farm gate fruit and vegetable sellers. Walk to the RACV resort and golf club. A lovely 10 minute drive through majestic pine trees to Flinders and its beautiful beaches to buy local mussels from the pier.
The A-Frame House includes:
Dish drawer dishwasher
Ilve 5 burner gas stove and oven
Claw foot, freestanding bath with shower
Sonia Bravia TV and DVD player with art house film library
Bose Soundlink Bluetooth Speaker
High chair and toddler chair (Handysitt)
2 x mobile electric Nobo heaters
2 x mobile floor-based electric fans
For your use:
Paper towel, foil, baking paper, cling film, oil and vinegars, teabags, salt, sugar, crockery and cutlery, pots and pans, glasses (including wine and champagne glasses), good range of utensils, small food processor, filter coffee maker, stove top coffee maker, French Press, teapot, Aesop hand soap, toilet paper.
Other things to note
The House is an A-Frame design with bedrooms upstairs. The bathroom and open-plan kitchen / dining and lounge are downstairs. There are no doors between the bedrooms, only a partition wall (see photographs). Bedroom 1 contains a queen-size bed and Bedroom 2 contains two single beds. The floor upstairs is timber and the floor downstairs, including the bathroom and kitchen, is polished concrete. There are rugs in the dining, lounge and bedrooms.
There is no wi-fi but it is possible to get 4G coverage from parts of the house and garden. There is no microwave. The fridge is a bar-sized fridge with a small freezer. The TV is on a retractable arm so can be put away out of sight, if desired.
No pets are allowed on site and no smoking.
Terms and Conditions of Temporary Holiday Accommodation
1. Guests supply their own linen such as sheets (top and bottom), pillow cases, quilt cover for the single beds (queen bed is supplied), towels and tea towels. Alternatively, linen can be supplied for a fixed total cost of $60 to cover laundering.
2. The owners will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances. To maintain a high standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions.
3. The number of guests cannot exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice or subsequently agreed in writing or email. Fees will apply for excess guests not agreed with the owners in advance.
4. Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this will result in loss of your bond and/or additional payments.
5. Damage, Breakages, Theft and Loss are the tenants responsibility during their stay.
6. Departure - the property should be left in a similar state to its condition on arrival. Check-out time is 11am by the latest, to allow time to prepare the property for the next guests.
7. Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination of rental and loss of bond
8. Where applicable, the Bond is payable at the same time as the balance amount. The bond will be refunded within 14 days in full subject to the above conditions being met. It is designed to cover any additional costs incurred including but not limited to, any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared, etc. Providing misleading information will forfeit the bond.
9. If additional cleaning above 2 hours is required then a cleaning charge at $45 per hour may be charged.
10. Pets are not allowed unless specific arrangements have been made in writing with the owner.
11. Loss - the owners take no responsibility for the tenant's personal property.
12. After your stay, the key must be returned to the key safe or a fee of $50 shall be deducted from the bond or security deposit. In the event of the key safe being damaged a fee of $100 shall be deducted. The key safe code must not be changed. In the event of a code change the key safe and their key contents will become unusable and a fee of $100 will be deducted from the bond.
13. The person who signed the Application Form is solely responsible for the booking and this person undertakes that they have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions. That person becomes solely responsible for the care of the rental property, its contents and its surrounds.