Since I started hosting in April 2016 I have thoroughly enjoyed sharing my home with guests from everywhere. It is wonderful to meet people of many walks of life from different part of the globe! Being a Host of AirBnB has given me an amazing opportunity to meet travellers of kindred spirits, exchanging stories and ideas. Staying with me means waking up to breathtaking sunrises and relaxing at sunsets on the Balcony. Your Ocean View Room, is in the heart of the City where there is everything.
The Apartment has 2 bedrooms. Both bedrooms has its own bathroom and toilet. My cat Lily and I, live in the Northern bedroom and the second room, the Southern bedroom is available for guests to stay. Both rooms are far apart, separated by the lounge and the kitchen. It's private. The apartment is located in a complex which has 2 pools and a spa for your use. Your lockable room is clean and airconditioned and you have your own private ensuite. Instead of the Queen size bed as in the pictures in this album I have upgraded your bed to a King Size bed for your comfort. A huge balcony where you can enjoy meals or drinks as well as a desk for your use. You are welcomed to use the kitchen as well as the lounge room. There is no available parking in the building complex itself however, there are Free parking at the back of the premises in the public area. The Complex is Fully secure, The BBQ area is available to be used upon request. Located on the waterfront in the heart of the city, and both, your room and the balcony command exquisite view of the ocean
The guests have access to the whole apartment except for my bedroom on the northern wing. Guests also can use the pools, Spa and BBQ area of the complex which are located on the mezzanine floor.
Interaction with guests
Guests who wish to be private and be left alone will be respected. However if guests wish to socialise with me, they are more than welcomed to have a chat and interact with me as I am home most nights and if they wish to come with me to meet my local friends they can also do that.
Other things to note
The great thing about staying here is that Aquarius Apartments are recognized by almost ALL tour companies as a "pick up/drop off " location which is very convenient for you should you participate in any tours. Very safe and secure. The apartment is on the 6th Floor with an uninterrupted view of the Ocean. Most importantly I am excited to meet each of you and am a passionate traveler who would love to host you.
I am also a registered Tour Consultant which means I am knowledgeable about all tours in Cairns and able to assist and book all your tours in Cairns. I have worked as a consultant since 2007 and has been recognized by Tourism Cairns for my customer service. I am more than happy to assist you if you require any guidance.
Dear Guests, the house rules are all about being considerate and respectful in regards to noise and to each other. If there's any questions please don't hesitate to ask me however below is what I would appreciate for you to agree:
- Kindly take off your shoes when you are inside the house. We are trying to keep the floor as clean as possible. InHouse sandals are provided for you if you wish to wear them.
- Unfortunately this is a strictly NON-SMOKING home in all parts of the house including the balcony
- You may use the kitchen at ALL times day and night to make a cup of hot drinks and use of toaster and microwave but please No heavy duty cooking (using the stove) before 6.30 am and after 9.30 pm. Please clean and tidy up kitchen once used.
- Food is not provided during the stay with the Exception of Coffee, Tea, and Filtered Drinking water
- Please do NOT bring any unregistered visitors unless previously arranged with me.
- Please be considerate of noise (TV or otherwise) before 730 am and after 2200 pm.
- This is NOT a party place. Please party outside but relax and rest at home. The ONLY exception is when I hold a once a year, New Year's Eve Party. If you book to say on December 31st you must agree and understand that there will be a party at my place and it may last till 1 am. You are most certainly welcomed to join. the Fireworks is right infront of The Balcony !
- Due to the smell and smoke produced by frying, you are more than welcomed to use the BBQ at the mezzanine floor of the Complex to cook all your meat : steak/pork/sausage or bacon.
- No children under 14 years of age please.
- In regards to pet. I am unable to accept any guests with pets. This will not go well with Lily, hence my note in saying my place is not-pet freindly !
If you have queries about any of the rules please message me ... I will try my very best to make you feel comfortable and at home away from home.
Lived in Cairns from 1991 and have been in love with this Tropical Paradise ever since. Working in tourism and hospitality since 2007 and have extensive local knowledge. I am passionate about travelling, meeting new people and making new friends. Listening to Classical music, dancing Salsa, Tango and going Scuba Diving are some of my favourite things to do..... I am looking forward to meeting you and hope you will love Cairns as much as I do ! Please go ahead and book using "Instant Booking' and Air BnB will confirm your booking straightaway. Generally I also will respond to your booking straight away to thank you for your booking however between 15th June and 15 August I am away in Africa where wifi is not an everyday luxury, hence I will be thanking you for your booking or answer your question as soon as I get wifi connection when I am in Africa. I thank you for your understanding and patience and looking forward to meeting you if you choose to book with me, I will be home on August 16th ... Jambo and Hakuna Matata