A secluded hidden gem, steps away from the beautiful Kailua beach with private beach access. The house is a 3 bedroom, 3 bath family retreat and can comfortably fit 8 people with 2 bunks, a king, a queen bed.
One bedroom comes with AC, other bedrooms have either a ceiling fan or a powerful movable fan.
$375 CLEANING FEE UPON ARRIVAL IN CASH
The house is near the end of a private road, just one house back from the beach with a private gate and path that is a 1min walk to the sandy shores of lovely Kailua beach. Shops and restaurants are a close walk or bike ride away, as is the famous Kalapawai market, which is nice to walk to for a morning coffee.
The house is a 3 bedroom, 3 bath family retreat and can comfortably fit 8 people with 2 bunks, a king, a queen, and a single bed. The house has a great lanai, with comfy rocking chairs and a hammock that overlook a tropical landscaped garden. There is an outdoor dining area, big BBQ, and a Jacuzzi for great outdoor entertaining.
Kailua Ohana Escape is a one story 2800 sq ft, house on a quiet private lane, with a 1 minute walk to Kailua beach. The house has bamboo and tile flooring, double-pane windows, 3 bedrooms, a 375 sq ft lanai, and gazebo with dining table.
Pets not allowed
Bedrooms; 3 bedrooms that sleep 9
King bed & single bed with attached bath & shower
Queen bed with attached shower;
4 bunks in a room with bath & shower attached.
Kitchen & Dining:
Full-size stove & range
2 refrigerators (full size)
12 seat dining table
dining tables on lanai for 4 and gazebo table for 6
Parking in double-car garage
Hand & beach towels provided
Iron & board provided
3 hair dryers (one in each bathroom)
Clothes Washer & Dryer
2 bikes with helmets
Sand toys, boogie boards, kayak & paddles
Outdoor cold shower
77 inch flat screen TV, cable connection in living room
Older TV in queen bedroom
Hot tub with Jaccuzzi
Outdoor gas BBQ
Activities available in Kailua:
ATM, Post Office, Internet Cafe, Bike paths, Golf Course, Movie Theatre, Restaurants, grocery stores (Safeway & Whole Foods) Near Hiking Trail, Horseback Trails, Wind surfing, fishing, snorkeling, diving.
THE CLEANING FEE OF $350 IS DUE UPON ARRIVAL IN CASH
Interaction with guests
Owner does not live on property
Our property manager lives in Kailua and is very responsive. You can expect to be greeted checking into the house. We will be as involved as you'd like.
Other things to note
THE CLEANING FEE OF $350 IS DUE UPON ARRIVAL IN CASH
Welcome to our Kailua Beach House.
Corryn Ault will walk you through the basics of house operations upon your arrival. Corryn is the house caretaker, and lives in Kailua. If there are any problems with the facilities please call her cell ph(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or land line (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
PLEASE PAY THE CLEANING FEE OF $350 TO CORRYN IN CASH
We hope you enjoy your stay here, and to make it a better experience, we have compiled the following list of hints on operation of the house:
Beach House Information
1. Upon entering the house for the first time, Corryn will have disengaged the burglar alarm. It should not be on during your stay, so please be sure to lock up the house and gates while away to town or the beach.
2. The hot tub/spa has been chlorinated and the filter cleaned prior to your arrival. The water can be kept clean if your feet are free of sand and grass prior to getting in.
3. The BBQ uses a propane tank for cooking. There are utensils in a black bag on the BBQ shelf. Please be sure to replace the cover after it cools down after each use. This will help preserve the BBQ a little longer in the humid and salty beach air. Call Corryn f the propane tank becomes empty and she will come and fill it at the Union 76 station in Enchanted Lake, the only source in the Kailua area.
• All beach toys are along the north side of the house, and are available for your use. Please rinse them off with the hose and replace them after use (ocean is due east of the house lanai).
6. The refrigerators work best at level 3.
7. The dishwasher is very quiet, but you can determine if it is running by looking for the red light on the floor at the right edge of the door. Do not open the dishwasher when it is running.
8. Cleaning supplies are kept in the pantry out of reach of small children.
9. The sprinklers are automatically set to run early in the morning for a short time. Do not be alarmed if you hear water running at 6 a.m.
10. Spare towels and sheets are in each bedroom and bathroom.
11. The trash should be placed in the grey container behind the locked gate west of the garage.
12. You have been given a garage door opener to use during your stay. Please park only one car in the garage. Other cars should be parked along the white wall south of the access road. Be sure to keep the access road clear for other beach houses access.
13. Bugs. Paradise comes at a price. Roaches and ants will come if food is left out. When in doubt place in the fridge even cereals and bread, especially overnight. Leaving dirty dishes or unclean counters over night will certainly leave an unwelcome surprise in the morning. Close screens, especially in the evening. Spray Windex on ant trails.
14. Mold. Leave shower doors open to air out after showering. Also, wipe down the small bedroom shower after use to reduce the damp. Spray Tilex on the showers for prevention each day.
15. Keep the washing machine door open to prevent mold build-up. The washing machine is fine for clothes and linen, but will quickly die if sandy/salty beach towels are washed. Hang beach towels out to dry on the lanai railings.
16. The clothes drier needs to have the lint filter cleaned after each use.
17. Gates. Be sure to keep all gates to the property locked, particularly the gate to the beach. Many people use the trail for beach access.
18. Doors should be locked when you visit the beach or go on a trip to town.
19. We have shown you the location of all light switches and locks; call us if you need help
20. The internet WiFi connection is “Netgear 17”; the password is: rusticpond298
21. There is no remote for the small TV in the bedroom.
22. Flashlights are in the cabinet next to the living room TV.
23. There are several options for buying groceries in Kailua (Safeway, Foodland, Whole Foods).
24. Restaurants are busy, so making a reservation is best
25. Kitchen towel drawer is on top left of sink.
1. Strip linen from the beds that were used and hang towels to air dry in the bathrooms.
2. Check to assure that the BBQ is covered.
3. Check to make sure all windows and doors are locked.
4. Close all window blinds.
5. Place all trash in the grey bin when you depart.
6. Place all dishes to be washed in the dishwasher and turn it on prior to departing. Detergent packets are under the sink.
7. Make sure dimmer lights are off in bunk room and downstairs bathroom.
This host has 149 reviews for other properties.View other reviews