About this listing
Renovated apartment in historic house in the center of Évora, next to the university. Fully equipped, this apartment has a breathtaking view over the city, and the Alentejo countryside
You also can take a look at our other house, in the center of Lagos, Algarve - CASA DA CERCA DE LAGOS: https://www.airbnb.pt/rooms/1153332
CASA DO LARGO DO COLÉGIO was our grandparents’ house, in Évora. It is the second house in our network, along with CASA DA CERCA DE LAGOS. It is located in the historical center of Évora, in Largo do Colégio square, next to the Espirito Santo Church and College (University), both founded by the Society of Jesus in the 16th century. The house, of medieval origin, still bears the symbol of the Jesuits - IHS - painted on the main facade, which certainly relates it to the Church and the College. Descending the Rua do Cardeal Rei, there is the main entrance of the College, now, the University of Évora.
The house has been fully refurbished to preserve its historic features while modernizing its infrastructure and improving security.
The access is through the Rua Conde da Serra da Tourega, next to the "Largo", through a steep and narrow staircase, which accesses the first floor. On this floor there is the dining room, with balcony, the fully equipped kitchen, a double bedroom, a child's bedroom, and a bathroom. A flight of stairs connects the dining room to the large living room on the first floor, from which you can see the facade of the Espirito Santo Church, followed by the University and, in the distance, to the north, the Alentejo plain, to the Castle of Evoramonte. On the large terrace, next to the living room, the view repeats itself. From the living room you have access by stairs to the mezzanine and to a third bedroom with twin beds. From the balcony, connected to the bedroom, you can see the towers of the Cathedral.
Interaction with guests
After check-in, we will be happy to accompany you on a short guided walk around the city center.
CASA DO LARGO DO COLÉGIO is our family house.
Only guests who did check in, can stay in the house. Other people are not allowed to be in the house. Please inform us about the constitution of your group.
In order to respect the character of the house and keep it in conditions as it is, please take note of the following recommendations:
1. The house is fully equipped and furnished for comfortable use. Cooking utensils, objects and paintings are not toys and should be used for its purpose.
2. Due to architectonic restrictions, the water heater has only 100 litres. Please take this in consideration in your bath management.
3. Smoking, light candles or producing any kind of flame is not allowed inside the house - many of the existing woods are very old and extremely dry, so they will burn easily. You can smoke on the balconies, taking care to erase and leave the cigarette butts in the pot you found there for this effect.
4. The furniture or rooms that are locked up are not accessible to guests. Please don't try to open the locks.
5. When you leave the house you should close doors and windows to disallow the invasion by people or animals.
6. Do not keep animals in the house.
7. There are separate areas for dining. Please do not let your children to eat in the bedrooms or on sofas, to keep the house clean.
8. Use appliances that are at your disposal in accordance with their rules of operation. The operating instructions are given in the "check-in"
9. It is not allowed to accumulate garbage. You can put it daily in the public can, near the house.
10. Use water and electricity in a responsible manner, check that the kitchen appliances are off, including the oven and the stove, which should be locked for your own safety.
11. Wet clothes should not be dried inside the house. There is a mobile clothes horse that can be mounted on the exterior balcony.
12. Any damage that occurred during the stay should be communicated to the owners. Guests are responsible for the damage they may cause in the house.
13. The house should be left as found.
We will be at our guests' disposal for any clarification. Appreciate and enjoy the house!
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 29 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
We are brothers, living and working in Lisbon.
CASA DA CERCA DE LAGOS
Since we were small children we spent holidays and weekends in Lagos. As our family got bigger we felt the need to find a house where we could continue to spend holidays together. Trained in architecture and landscape architecture, we decided to carry out the restoration of this house in the historic centre. The house consists of two storeys and a small garden.
Once installed, we got the idea to get to know a home that reflects the potential of rehabilitation and charm of traditional architecture of the Algarve, to whom wants to spend same quiet days in this southern city.
CASA DO LARGO DO COLÉGIO - Évora
After some works campaigns, the house of our grand parents is fully modernized. The distribution of the house reflects its ancient origins - some long and short stairs link the various spaces. Due to the location of the house whithin the city, most of the rooms have an amazing vue over the city and the countryside - The Alentejo.
We love to have guests and get to know the city, in its many cultural facets.
Welcome to our Historical Houses - CASA DA CERCA DE LAGOS and CASA DO LARGO DO COLÉGIO!