Small basic bedroom with a full size bed on the second floor* of my little three-storey house within a 1970´s gated "quinta" (condominium) at Barranco´s top location --one block from the Bridge of Sighs and the path down to the beach, and 20 mins. walk to Miraflores, 15 to Chorrillos.
*If this room is not available or you prefer a larger bed, I HAVE TWO MORE ROOMS ON THE SAME FLOOR, each with a queen size bed. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12742190 https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/11983544
Small basic bedroom with a full size bed on the second floor* of my little three storey house within a 70´s "quinta" (condominium) at Barranco's boardwalk, one block from the Bridge of Sighs and the Bajada de Baños (path down to the beach). You may watch the cliff/ocean 50 mts from the house.
Guests share a full bathroom on the second floor and a half one on the first (ground floor for the British).
*In Peru, the floor which is level with the ground is called first floor, the floor above it is the second floor, and so on.
* If this one is not available or you prefer a larger bed, I HAVE TWO MORE ROOMS ON THE SAME FLOOR, each with a queen size bed. You may find the listings under my Profile's section or go to https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12742190 https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/11983544
Guests have access to the living and dining rooms, the kitchen (light/fast cooking, please), the patio, and the bathrooms on the first and second floors. The third floor is private. I sleep there.
Towels and linen are changed once a week for stays longer than a week.
If you need to wash your clothes, there are several inexpensive laundries in the area (around US $3.50 per 4 kgs)
Interaction with guests
I will be available to meet you on arrival and give you the keys. If you need to contact me when I am not home, you may call me to my mobile or send me a text message and I will reply as soon as possible.
Other things to note
Peruvian taxes' agency asks landlords to fill a form that includes passport (foreigners) or DNI (Peruvian) numbers of every guest. Please send yours when booking.
If you are very sensitive to humidity, please be aware that in Lima it might reach 99%, and that Barranco (as Miraflores, San Isidro, Chorrillos, etc.) is a coastal district, so it's humid here. I have two dehumidifiers which I can place inside rooms if guests need them.
If two guests take very long showers before you, you might find water is not hot enough. If that happens, please wait 15 mins and it should be hot again.
* Be respectful of others property & food.
* Smoking only allowed at the patio, not inside the house.
* No drugs here, please.
* For safety reasons, only registered guests are allowed beyond the gated area (no guests´ visits, no exceptions).
* Please do not make noise from 10 pm-9 am, since other guests might be sleeping.
* Please use the trash cans provided, do not throw toilet paper in the toilet.
* Turn off lights/fans when leaving spaces rooms and unplug electrical/electronic devices when not using them.
* Tidy up common areas after using them.
*Remove whatever you´ve left on the dish rack in the kitchen when already dry.
* Keep your bedroom as tidy as possible, and leave it free from rubbish before check-out please
* Please do not to bring food into your bedroom, as this encourages the local ant population to move in. Please use the kitchen, the dining room or the patio to consume your snacks/meals.
*If you book the room for two, please make sure both of you read all house rules before arrival.
CHECK IN & CHECK OUT
*Please remember to send me your passport number when booking and to let me know well in advance your time of arrival, to make sure I am home to receive you, and leave the room before checkout time (11:00 am).
*Remember to press the upper right button on the intercom to open the gate before leaving the day of your checkout. THIS IS IMPORTANT. I might be out or sleeping and may not be available to do it for you, and under no circumstances should my neighbors be disturbed by ringing their intercoms/buzzers or knocking at their doors, please.
P.S. Sorry for the long list, but after little more than a year hosting, I've found out it's the best way to guarantee that everybody is happy and comes to a tidy and calm place.