Make this extraordinary Boutique Villa your next Vacation Destination!
Enjoy unmatched luxury, relaxation and old world charm. Treat yourself to a memorable vacation at the best of the best on Las Conchas Beach, Puerto Penasco, Mexico.
El Fin del Mundo was re-opened recently after an extensive inside and out renovation by some of North America’s finest artisans and craftsmen. They have redefined the art-form and raised the bar to create a villa of such extraordinary beauty and elegance that it is regarded as a rare gem set on the beach of Las Conchas. Unlike other Mexico beach front homes here, El Fin del Mundo is meticulously maintained with a full-time staff and offers “old world charm” combined with the finest of 21st century amenities carefully chosen for the personal use of its owner and his guests.
Just a short drive out of Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) you arrive at Las Conchas, a private community of beach homes set on Las Conchas beach. You will arrive through a gated portal and short driveway to a spacious parking area. Your entryway to El fin del Mundo is a few short steps from your car. Upon entry, you will be treated to a great room and spectacular views of the Sea of Cortez and the beach below. Shorebirds abound and occasional sightings of porpoise will add to the ambience of this property.
Other things to note
1 Day FREE with Weekly Booking!
- Dogs Only - Deep Cleaning Fee $200 per dog no cats allowed
El fin del Mundo Rental Agreement
Fin del Sendero, L.L.C. dba El Fin del Mundo (“The End of the World”)
This vacation rental contract is a legal agreement between El Fin Del Sendero, L.L.C., an Arizona limited liability company, the Landlord (also referred to as “Homeowner”) and you, the Renter (also referred to as “Guest”). This contract is entered into on the date that Homeowner confirms its acceptance of your reservation in writing, by email, fax or regular mail. If the Homeowner does not accept your proposed reservation with written confirmation, there is no contract and you have no reservation.
1. PREMISES. You are renting an exquisite private vacation home located at Lot 1A, Section 9, in the Las Conchas development of Puerto Penasco, Mexico (the “Home” or "Premises"). The Home was appropriately named El Fin del Mundo. See (URL HIDDEN) for more information about El Fin del Mundo. Guest acknowledges they have reviewed the El Fin del Mundo official web site in its entirety and agree to all the terms and conditions of the web site.
2. TERM. Your rental term will begin on your booked arrival date and terminate on your booked departure date. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, you may begin using the home after 4:00 p.m. (local time) the first day of your stay and you must vacate the home no later than 11:00 a.m. (local time) on the final day of your stay.
3. RESERVATION CONFIRMATION AND RENTAL PAYMENTS. You must pay Homeowner a total rental amount as computed by our booking and reservation system for use of the Home during the rental term. An initial deposit equal to one half of the total rental amount, together with any fees and deposits hereinafter specified, must be delivered to Homeowner upon confirmation and acceptance of your reservation. The balance of the total rental amount must be delivered to the Homeowner no later than 60 days before your rental term begins. Any required payment that is not delivered to Homeowner within the time specified may result in forfeiture of your reserved dates and any monies previously paid to Homeowner, at Homeowner’s option. All payments must be made and delivered to El Fin Del Sendero, L.L.C., dba El Fin del Mundo, 4301 E. Osborn Road, Phoenix, AZ USA 85018.
4. CLEANING FEE. You must pay Homeowner a $275 non-refundable cleaning fee. This home is a 5,000 square foot home (inside and outside) that is cleaned daily.
5. RESERVATION HOLD AND SECURITY DEPOSIT. Homeowner will place a hold on your credit card for a security deposit in the amount of $1,000.00 will be due upon approval of your reservation. This will be held by Homeowner to cover, in full or in part, damages resulting from your use of the Home that are not otherwise covered by a damage-waiver fee (see below) or result from your breach of this rental contract. Provided you have not caused damage to the Home or its contents which exceeds the damage waiver and you have not otherwise breached any terms of this rental contract, your full security/damage deposit will be returned to you via a credit back on your credit card within 48 hours after your rental term concludes. You will be responsible for any damages you cause which exceed the amount of the Security Deposit. And that amount will be charged to your credit card.
6. DAMAGE-WAIVER FEE. You must pay Homeowner a $99 non-refundable damage-waiver fee. The fee will cover up to $1,000 in reported accidental damage to the Home and its contents, including but not limited to the following:
1) stains on carpet, tile, or furniture
2) stains on linens or towels
3) broken dishes or appliances
4) broken screens or windows
To be covered under the damage-waiver fee, you must report to Homeowner in writing, (you can use the El Fin del Mundo computer to send an email), no later than the final day of your stay any inadvertent or accidental damage you may have caused during your stay. The fee does not cover unreported damages or damages caused by reckless or malicious acts or resulting from violation of the Rules and Policies specified in this rental contract.
7. CREDIT-CARD CHARGES AND POLICIES. A valid credit card in the same name as the person booking the reservation will be needed to accept your reservation. Homeowner will place a hold on your credit card for your $1,000.00 security/damage deposit and charge your credit card for agreed upon amount. You will be charged a 3.5% processing fee unless otherwise agreed upon. You may use your credit card to pay all or a portion of your reservation costs; however, because Homeowner will be assessed a processing fee by your credit-card company, you will be required to pay Homeowner a corresponding fee. The fee is 3.5% of the total charged amount for Visa and MasterCard. Please note that if you use your credit card and then subsequently seek to reverse all or some portion of the charges so that you may put them on a different credit card, you will incur not only a processing fee for the initial transaction but also a fee for the second transaction (i.e., you will pay a processing fee twice). Moreover, if you attempt to reverse any and all legitimate charges on the credit card you used to secure your reservation, you will lose the right to use the property and any monies paid to date will be non-refundable including your $1,000 security damage deposit. You may avoid duplicate processing fees by using the same credit card throughout the transaction. Homeowner will only accept credit cards from those who are serving as responsible parties under this rental contract and who will be present at the Home during the entire rental term. You authorize Homeowner to charge any credit card you present for payment of fees or costs arising under this rental agreement, including the cost of any damages to the Home, its contents, or special requests made by guests before or during the rental period.
8. RESCHEDULING POLICIES. If for any reason you must reschedule your reservation, you will be granted a limited one-time option to do so provided that you notify Homeowner in writing of your desire to reschedule at least 60 days before your initial reservation date, and you immediately pay to Homeowner all reservation fees upon approval of homeowner.. If you do not timely notify Homeowner of your desire to reschedule and pay the specified fee, you lose the option and may not reschedule your reservation. This one-time rescheduling option allows you to reschedule your reservation to alternate dates falling within one year from your notice to reschedule. Alternate dates are subject to availability and holiday or seasonal pricing that may apply. In no event will your rental rates be reduced as a result of rescheduling your reservation. No discounts will be honored for rescheduled reservations.
9. CANCELLATION INSURANCE [OPTIONAL]. You may purchase the right to cancel and additional rescheduling rights by paying Homeowner a fee equal to 10% of the total rental amount upon acceptance of this rental contract (fee must accompany initial deposit). If you pay for cancellation insurance, you may terminate this rental contract by giving written notice to Homeowner of your intent to cancel at least 48 hours before your initial reservation date. If your cancellation notice is timely received, Homeowner will return all rent, deposits and other monies received from you, with the exception of the 10% cancellation fee and credit card usage fee of 3 1/2%. Further, if you pay for cancellation insurance and find at any time before your reservation date that you would like to reschedule, you may do so one time provided you notify Homeowner in writing of your desire to reschedule before the initial date of your reservation arrival date. This one-time rescheduling option allows you to reschedule your reservation to alternate dates falling within one year from your notice to reschedule. The $150 rescheduling fee will be waived. Alternate dates are subject to availability and any holiday or seasonal pricing that may apply. In no event will your rental rates decrease as a result of rescheduling your reservation.
10. TRANSFERS. Your reservation and the obligations arising under this rental contract may not be transferred without the express written authorization of Homeowner.
11. TERMINATION UPON SALE, DESTRUCTION OR CONDEMNATION OF PREMISES. If the Home is sold prior to your rental term, Homeowner may choose to terminate this rental contract and, upon so doing, will return all monies paid by you. If the Home is damaged or destroyed by fire, wind, flood or other casualty which Homeowner believes, in its sole discretion, may substantially impair your use and enjoyment of the Home, then Homeowner may terminate this rental contract and upon so doing, will return all monies paid by you. If the Home is condemned or otherwise taken by governmental action prior to your rental term, this rental contract shall terminate and all monies paid by you will be returned.
12. PROPERTY INSURANCE. Your property is not covered by any insurance maintained by Homeowner. If you wish to insure your property against damage or loss, you must obtain your own coverage prior to using the Home. You are urged not to bring valuable property items into Mexico. Mexican auto insurance is readily available online through AAA and from vendors at the border.
13. HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFICATION. Except for acts constituting willful misconduct or gross negligence, you agree to waive all claims against Homeowner, its principals, officers, employees and agents for bodily injury and/or property damage you incur during or in connection with your use of the Premises. You agree to indemnify, protect, defend and hold harmless the Premises, Homeowner and its principals, officers, employees and agents from any and all claims, loss, damages, costs, liens, judgments, penalties or liabilities arising out of or in connection with your use of the Premises. You agree that in no event will Homeowner or its principals, officers, employees or agents be liable for an amount greater than your total rental fee.
14. ACCESS TO PREMISES. Homeowner maintains separate quarters on the Premises [aka Shangri-La] and may be present [or his guests] at those quarters during your rental term. From time to time, an employee or agent for the Homeowner may have need to access the Premises to provide necessary services or make repairs. You agree to cooperate with these efforts as they occur.
15. RULES AND POLICIES. You agree that you and each of your Guests and visitors will abide at all times by the following rules and policies:
a. No illegal drugs, firearms, ammunition or fireworks will be taken upon the Premises at any time. If you bring any of these items on the Premises, you will lose your right to use the Premises and you will forfeit all deposits and monies paid.
b. The maximum number of Guests (including you) that may stay overnight at the Home is 10 - 16 persons (adults and children above 1 year old), unless prior written permission has been obtained from Homeowner. If you have more than 10 guests, you will be assessed $50 per person per night. Prior to arrival, the number of guests that may be in the Home during your rental term must never exceed the number specified to Homeowner. If more guests than stated in your booked reservation stay in the Home, you will be assessed a fee of $100 per person per night. This has been a problem in the past and the extra person charges will be strictly enforced. In addition, you will be charged a $100 change order fee and at Homeowner’s option, you will lose your right to use the Home and you will forfeit all deposits and monies paid. Homeowner will not rent to fraternities, sororities, high school groups or other social organizations. This is not a party house and it must not be used or treated as such.
c. The total number of visitors (persons other than Guests) that may be in the Home or on the Premises at any one time during the rental term is limited to a maximum of 10. If you exceed 10 visitors at any one time, you will lose your right to use the Home and you will forfeit all deposits and monies paid. Visitors at the Home after midnight and before 8:00am will be deemed to be Guests and may result in the loss of your right to use the Home and forfeiture of all deposits and monies paid. Again, this is not a party house.
d. If you provide any false information to Homeowner when placing your reservation, you will lose your right to use the Home and you will forfeit all deposits and monies paid.
e. Housebroken Dogs are allowed on the Premises at a cost of $200 each to cover a deep cleaning fee. Under no circumstances are cats allowed on the premises, If you bring a cat you will lose your right to use the premises and you will forfeit all deposits and monies paid.
f. No smoking is allowed inside the Home at any time. If you smoke inside, you will lose your right to use the Premises and you will forfeit all deposits and monies paid. If you choose to smoke outside, you must fully extinguish your butts and dispose of them properly.
g. Do not break into or attempt to gain access to locked cabinets, closets, windows, or doors on the Premises, as these are areas reserved for the exclusive use of Homeowner and/or its staff. If you break into any of these areas, you will lose your right to use the Premises and you will forfeit all deposits and monies paid.
h. You must lock all doors and secure all windows in the Home upon concluding your stay. If you fail to do so, you agree to pay for any damages resulting from such failure.
i. You must notify Homeowner of any damage to the Home or its content when you arrive and when you depart. Failure to do so may result in you being held responsible for any discovered damage. If you damage the home in excess of your $1,000 deposit, you agree to allow owner to charge your credit card in excess of your deposit to cover these damages.
j. Please be courteous of others at all times and control your noise. If it is before 9:00am or after 9:00pm, your level of noise should be no louder than normal conversation. The volume of your music and children must also be under control.
k. Do not bring towels, blankets, furniture, dishes or other household items down to the beach or off the Premises.
l. Do not put towels, blankets, furniture, dishes or other household items into the pool.
m. No public nudity, indecent exposure, or rude behavior will be tolerated.
n. You may use but may not bill or charge any phone calls to Homeowner.
o. Follow all operating and safety instructions for appliances, air conditioning, and other equipment on the Premises.
p Homeowner is not responsible for returning any items that you leave at the Premises.
q. You will not receive a refund for early departure or adverse weather conditions during your stay.
r. You must return keys to the Premises at time of check out. Failure to return keys when you depart will result in a minimum charge of $50 per key and may, at Homeowner’s option, result in a charge of $500 to re-key all locks on the Premises.
s Late check out/early check in will subject you to an extra rental charge. If your late/early check in/out is pre-approved by Homeowner, you will be charged $150. If your late/early check in/out is not pre-approved, you will be charged $75 per hour. You may avoid such charges by checking out no later than 11:00am or no earlier than 4:00pm check in. Homeowner can cancel early or late check in/out at the last minute to accommodate arriving or departing guests and if pre-approved and pre-paid, guests will receive a full refund for these extra charges. Homeowner must hire extra cleaning crews to accommodate early and late check in and thus the reason for the extra charges to guests.
t. Homeowner is not responsible for utility shortages or fluctuations. Be advised that electricity and water are provided by local municipalities and are subject to occasional shortages and supply fluctuations. Should guest deplete our fresh water storage during guests stay, guest will be charged an estimated cost of $100 to refill fresh water storage to full capacity.
u Homeowner is not responsible for loss of or damage to any property that you may bring to the Premises.
v. Daily maid service is provided as available and for the convenience of Homeowner. You are encouraged to keep the Home reasonably clean during your stay. You must leave the Home in reasonably clean condition when you check out at the end of your rental term.
w. Use the the heated pool (100+ degrees) at your own risk. Responsible adults must be present at all times when children or teenagers are in the area. No lifeguard is provided. Homeowner will do its best to maintain a comfortable water temperature for the pool/spa; however, there is no guarantee of satisfaction.
x. If you have any issue or problem with the Home, please do not wait until the end of your stay to bring it to our attention. We will do everything we reasonably can to make your stay at El Fin del Mundo truly memorable.
16. JURISDICTION. This Agreement shall be deemed to be made under, shall be construed in accordance with, and shall be governed by the internal, substantive laws of Mexico, specifically those for the territory in which the Home is located. Any action brought to interpret, enforce, or construe any provision of this Agreement shall be commenced and maintained in the court having jurisdiction over said territory and subject matter. The parties irrevocably consent to jurisdiction and venue in such courts for such purposes and agree not to seek, transfer, or removal of any action.
17. ENTIRE AGREEMENT/AMENDMENT. This rental contract contains the entire agreement between the parties and there are no other promises or conditions in any other agreement whether oral or written. This rental contract may be modified or amended in writing, provided the obligated party signs the amendment.
18. SEVERABILITY. If any portion of this rental contract is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If a court finds that any provision of this rental contract is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
19. This rental contract affirms that you have booked a reservation with El Fin Del Sendero, LLC and that you are a responsible party, that you are at least 25 years of age, and that you will be responsible for your own acts as well as those of each Guest (10 - 16 Maximum) and visitor (10 Maximum) at the Home during the rental term. You further affirm that you have read this rental contract and agree with its terms. If there is any conflicting language between this rental agreement, websites or information provided orally, this agreement supersedes all other written or oral information. Please note: guest may exceed maximum number of guests allowed if you pay homeowner a pre-negotiated price for weddings or special occasions.
Mail to: El Fin del Mundo, 4301 E. Osborn Road, Phoenix, AZ 85018 OR
Email to: El Fin del Mundo, (EMAIL HIDDEN)
Make sure you keep a copy of this Agreement and Mexican Auto Insurance with you at all times while you are in Mexico.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.
Welcome! I thought you might like a little history about how El fin del Mundo came to be.
As a small boy, I first visited Puerto Penasco in 1969 with my parents. I fell in love with the beautiful beaches, warm sunny weather and gracious people.
I have enjoyed many wonderful trips back to Rocky Point and then in 1980, I bought land on Las Conchas beach with the idea of building and renting my own villa as a vacation rental destination.
Then, In 1989, construction of El Fin del Mundo on one section of land closest to the water began. My intent was to build a unique villa constructed of the finest native materials of Mexico. Brick, wrought-iron and selected hardwoods crafted in form and function by Mexican craftsman produced a truly unique and one-of-a-kind boutique villa.
Then, In 2015, I completely renovated the villa using old-world craftsmen and the result was simply stunning.