Unique and beautifully renovated 1 B/R Grand Victorian apartment. Centrally located, the apartment boasts leafy northerly outlooks and is situated in a quiet tree lined street, close to the best St kilda, Prahran and Balaclava has to offer.
Features: Large 40 inch LCD TV, DVD, Air Conditioning, Gas Cooking with wok burner, Dishwasher, Microwave, Washing Machine, Dryer, Large upside down Fridge, Deep Enamel Bath, Endless Gas Hot Water, Gas Log Fireplace, High Ceilings and Quality Furnishings.
Minimum 2 day stay.
Unique and beautifully renovated 1 B/R Grand Victorian apartment. Centrally located the apartment boasts leafy northerly outlooks and is situated in a quiet tree lined street, close to the best St kilda, Prahran and Balaclava has to offer and within easy walking distance to Albert Park Lake for the exercise enthusiast.
This stunning fully furnished apartment is only 2 minutes walk to numerous trams to the city and a short stroll to Ackland Street, Fitzroy St and Chapel St.
Features: Large 40 inch LCD TV, DVD, Air Conditioning, Gas Cooking with wok burner, Dishwasher, Microwave, Washing Machine, Dryer, Large upside down Fridge, Deep Enamel Bath, Endless Gas Hot Water, Gas Log Fireplace, High Ceilings, Quality Furnishings with Original Artworks.
All utilities are provided including gas, water, electricity and high-speed wireless broadband. (ADSL 2+, 200 gig per month)
All linen and towels are supplied as well as cooking equipment and utensils. A Range of teas and coffee are also provided along with a selection of CD's, Books and DVD's to really make it feel like home.
There is a port a cot available at no charge. Cot linen & blankets are not provided.
Small house trained pets are allowed but will incur an extra cleaning fee of $120.00 for long term stays.
Melways Reference: Map 58, reference C8.
Top quality, very comfortable Queen sized bed
Luxurious bed linen
Choice of pillows
100% Australian Woolen Quilt
Bedside Tables with Lamps
Large Window with Balcony Seat
Two wardrobes with drawers & plenty of coat hangers
100% woolen carpet with platinum underlay
Lighting with Dimmer Switch
Reverse Cycle Air-conditioning.
Gas Log Fireplace with Period Mantelpiece
Built in Bookcase
40 inch Flat Screen TV
Stereo with built in iPod Dock,
Two Large, Very Comfy, Luxurious Jardan Sofas
Plush, 100% Woolen Sculptured Chinese Carpet over Polished Timber Floors
Original Oil Paintings
Lighting with Dimmer Switches
Breakfast bar with a leafy, sunny northerly aspect
Large crockery hutch
Gas Cooktop with Wok Burner
Large Microwave/Convection Oven
423 Litre Upside-down Fridge/Freezer
All Kitchen Crockery, Cutlery, Utensils & Appliances
Polished Timber Floors
Deep Enamel Bath
Endless Gas Hot Water
Vanity with Plenty of Storage
Dual Flush Toilet
Lighting with Dimmer Switch
Polished Timber Floors
Full Block out Blind
Front Loader Washing Machine
PUBLIC TRANSPORT AND SHOPPING.
Walking distance to major shopping strips & attractions
2 minute walk to numerous trams to city
5 minute walk to Chapel St, Prahran
5 minute walk to Fitzroy St, St Kilda
5 minute walk to Windsor Train Station
5 minute walk to Albert Park Lake
7 minutes walk to Ackland St, St Kilda.
7 minutes walk to Carlisle St, Balaclava
At the end of the street is a milk bar, petrol station/convenience store, good Chinese restaurant and sandwich bar.
A short walk takes you to the heart of cosmopolitan St Kilda. On Fitzroy Street you can enjoy some of Melbourne's finest restaurants and bars. On Ackland Street there's great cafe’s, shopping, dinnin
Keys are located in a key lock box for which you will be given the combination upon receipt of your final payment.
Interaction with guests
Mostly I am in Melbourne but travel for work on occasion. If anything is required or in need of repair, these will be attended to in a timely manner.
Other things to note
Minimum Stay of 2 Days.
Stays of 3 month or more I am happy to negotiate a price on.
$150 exit cleaning fee.
To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions:
• You are responsible for leaving the property in the state in which you found it on arrival. All
breakages or losses must be reported immediately to the owner. Whilst we will not pursue reimbursement for minor accidental damage or normal wear and tear, the total cost of making good any other damage or loss to the property, garden or contents will be taken out of your security deposit. Please note this includes the removal of consumable items from the property, which are provided for guest use whilst in-house and are not intended as individual use presentations (examples include laundry powder, dishwashing liquid, toiletries provided in dispensers etc).
• Number of Guests should not exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice or subsequently agreed in writing or email. Fees will apply for extra guests not agreed to with the owners in advance.
• Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this may result in loss of your security deposit and/or additional payments.
• Reasonable usage of electricity, gas any other utilities provided at the property are included in
your rates. Excessive use (more than a 30% increase compared to similar periods) of any of these utilities may be charged to you and taken out of your security deposit. If charges are passed onto the Guest, evidence of charges will be provided on request.
• Guests may not engage in any illegal activity at the property.
• The owner of the property may need access to the property occasionally. We will notify you by email or phone at least 24 hours prior, unless we have made verbal arrangements or it is a matter of urgency. If however we have reason to believe that the property is being used for any reason that contravenes our terms and conditions we reserve the right to enter the property without notice.
• The property owner will not be held liable for any loss to you of any personal belongings while you are in the property.
Consideration of Neighbors
• Guests are required to enter and exit the property quietly and respect the other tenants in the
Building. Noise level must be inaudible from neighboring properties between 10pm and 8am Sun-Thu, and between 11pm and 9am Fri-Sat.
• All guests are expected to behave in a manner that does not cause distress to neighbors or
Interfere in any way with their right to enjoy their properties. We reserve the right to remove guests who do not adhere to this code of behavior. In these cases, no refund will be due, and we will not be responsible for finding or funding alternate accommodation, nor will we be responsible for any other associated costs.
• Charnwood is strictly a smoke free property. We reserve the right to terminate a guest's stay
without refund if we become aware of guests or friends of guests smoking indoors. There may also be additional cleaning fees to remove any smoke fumes from the property. Variations to these conditions may only be made by prior arrangements with the owner in writing.
• Pets are not allowed unless specific arrangements have been made in writing with the owner,
otherwise we reserve the right to terminate the booking without refund. In that case we will not be responsible for finding or funding alternative accommodation.
• All pets staying at Charnwood are to be flea and tick treated, fully vaccinated, and well
behaved. Well behaved means under control at all times. Dogs are to be on a leash when in common areas and are not to be left unattended in the apartment for prolonged periods of time. If guests are absent from the property during the day for extended periods, they will make arrangements to have their dog attended to throughout the day. If dogs are left alone and bark constantly during the day, this contravenes local noise laws, upsets neighbors and guests may be asked to vacate the property without refund.
• All disclosed pet stays will be referred to on your invoice and there is a surcharge per clean for
pet guests. This surcharge covers a small amount of additional cleaning time that may be required for a pet stay. If extensive additional cleaning is required, additional fees will be taken out of your security deposit. The general house rules for pet guests are to not allow them on the beds and furniture and to clean up after them before leaving the property. Guests will be liable for any necessary cleaning and dry-cleaning if required. Additionally, the number of pet guests must be disclosed clearly at the time of booking and will also be noted on your invoice.
• The property should be left in a similar state to its condition on arrival. Check-out time is
11.00am by the latest, to allow time to prepare the property for the next guests.
• It is our policy to have all locks changed if keys are lost or not returned. All associated costs
Will be taken out of your security deposit. Similarly any remote controls will be replaced at your cost if lost or not returned.
• Guests are expected to leave the property in a neat and tidy state without the need for
extensive, excessive cleaning. You are responsible for all cleaning charges in the event that the property is left in a state that requires more than standard cleaning. Additional cleaning fees will be taken out of your security deposit.
• Please check carefully before vacating the property and remove all personal items. The
property owner will not be held liable for any loss to you of any personal belongings while you are in the property. Guest items found by our cleaning staff will be discarded.
• Any request to vacate the property before the final date agreed in this booking confirmation, must be in writing.
• Guests are advised to give as much notice as possible in the event that they need to terminate this contract early. Failure to do so could result in loss of their security deposit.
• Should a guest wish to terminate their stay once they have taken occupancy of the property, an early termination administration fee of $150.00 will apply and no refund will be given for any amounts already paid. This payment will be charged in advance as it cannot be deducted from the security deposit.
• If the guest has been paying a lower accommodation fee owing to a long stay, (i.e. 3 months or more) then vacates prior to the end of their 3 month term, they will be charged the difference between the lower rate and the advertised monthly rate.
We wish you a safe and happy stay and thank you for booking with us. If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact Jonathan on (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
IT IS ADVISED THAT THE GUEST OBTAINS TRAVEL INSURANCE TO COVER ANY CANCELLATION FEES
I'm Jonathan, I'm in my mid 40's, sometimes older sometimes younger and I love to travel.
In terms of a home I love a comfy couch, I love a deep bath and I love full blockout curtains.
5 things I can't live without?
Books, I love a good book.
Good food. I love sharing a great meal with others.
Long sleep in's on Sundays or any day really.
Water. I love swimming in the ocean or rivers. Lets keep them clean.
Music. Anything from opera to house.
As your host, I will be on call to make your stay as comfortable as possible. If anything goes wrong during your stay, say the washing machine won't start or something, I will have it sorted immediately. I've had guest stay at my place for 3 month and then extend up to 16 months. I've had guests who moved out and then told me if they could stay forever they would be very happy.
As someone who has travelled a lot with work and stayed in hotels motels and apartments both long and short term, I set out to create a space that was a real home away from home. Somewhere where you can feel safe, warm and cosy and enjoy a good home cooked meal. It was all about atmosphere. A deep bath to relax in, comfy couches to put your feet up on, a big TV to tune out to and stunning view whilst enjoying your breakfast. In winter turn on the gas log fireplace and enjoy a glass of wine. Head out to one of the many great eating establishments on Chapel St, Fitzroy St or take a tram to the city. the tram stop is a 2 minute walk away.
Everyone who has stayed at Charnwood has enjoyed their stay. I'm sure you will too. Great location, affordably priced and in a very convenient but quiet street.