This is a good choice for visiting Rapallo but there are some aspects which should be taken into consideration before reserving. Communication with the owner was good and he always replied in a very friendly way.
The location is great, less than a ten-minute walk from the centre, and in a quiet location opposite the gulf of Tigullio. The apartment is on the fifth floor, with lovely views and luckily there is a lift! It is spacious and comfortable, with a couple of nice little balconies and with the basic things you need for a short stay, including a washing machine.
However, there are several points that need to be considered before you rent this place:
1. The apartment is old-fashioned and despite being very clean, it feels like someone up and left and never came back. It needs a little TLC and updating.
2. The wardrobes in the bedrooms smelt very strongly of moth-balls. The smell was, in fact, so overpowering that we didn't leave any clothes in the wardrobes and had to live out of suitcases for five days.
3. The description of the apartment says that basic toiletries are provided, although there was no soap, only 1 roll of toilet paper, no shampoo and no washing-up liquid! To be fair to the owner, when we informed him of this, he did offer to reimburse us, but it just seemed to be you much hassle. We left the place with washing-up liquid, soap and extra toilet paper.
4. The kitchen was fine but a little too basic. There was only a hob, but no oven or microwave. The latter is particularly useful when traveling with young children.
5. No towels were left out for us even though they were supposed to be provided and we had to search for them ourselves. The ones were found were quite old and a mixed batch.
6. The last thing that is with mentioning is that there is no Wi-Fi. We knew this when booking, but it really is quite important to be aware of and definitely a nice plus if you can get it.
7. The lady who greeted us, Chiara, was in a bit of a hurry and forgot to explain about the hot water for the shower. We consequently spent the first morning trying to work out what was wrong and couldn't reach the owner or Chiara, for a few hours. When the Jacopo eventually contacted us we were able to solve the problem promptly.
8. We were EXTREMELY lucky to get one of the 8 parking spots for two apartment buildings the day we arrived. If you aren't so lucky, you could spend a long time finding a parking space in Rapallo. It is incredibly difficult to get one!
I would probably stay there again if done if the issues were sorted out.