Our house is well appointed and comfortable in a beautiful private wooded setting. It is spacious enough to accommodate two to three families easily with five bedrooms and four full bathrooms total, including two master bedroom suites. It is located in attractive Tahoe Donner, an area of Truckee with many amenities for all seasons. The house is surrounded by a pine forest and sits on a 1/2 acre lot. The main level has a great room with vaulted ceilings and surrounding windows with a view of the forest. The house has a private 7-person hot tub on the back deck.
The town of Truckee is historic and the locals promote a casual, healthy and friendly lifestyle. Outdoor activities rule here, year round. You can check out the Tahoe Donner website to see all that this area has to offer. Our rental includes guest passes to the nearby Trout Creek Recreation center where you can enjoy all the amenities including the spa, outdoor heated pool, and full gym. We enjoy our vacation home year round and would like to share it with you. Pets are welcome, especially dogs.
Our nearby favorite spots are: Lake Tahoe, Alpine Meadows ski resort, Squaw Valley, Northstar, Donner Lake Marina, Desolation Wilderness, Trout Creek Recreation center, Zano's Restaurant, Euer Valley and Glacier Way hiking and snowshoeing trails, Sand Harbor beach, The Lodge Restaurant, the Truckee Regional park and ice rink, the skate park, the Bar of America restaurant, hiking along the Truckee River, the local yoga studios, neighborhood sledding hills, etc...
Other things to note
Master bedroom 1: King bed
Master bedroom 2: Double bed, 2 twins beds, and trundle bed
Bedroom 3: Queen bed
Bedroom 4: 2 bunk beds both with trundles (6 singles)
Room 5: 'the fort' kids room with double mattress and twin mattress
Room 6: downstairs private tv room with door with 2 twin pull-outs
1. Smoking is NOT allowed in the house.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth in the Rental Confirmation may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4.Keep the property and all furnishings in good order and only use appliances for their intended uses. Food, drinks, and pets are not permitted in carpeted rooms.
5.PETS are permitted only with prior approval by the Homeowner and the Pet Addendum must be completed.
6.Parking is limited to 6 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. Homeowners are not responsible for any damage to vehicles while on the premises or its facilities.
7.Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the house.
8.Hot Tub: No children under the age of 12 and no pets of any kind are permitted in the hot tub at any time. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. The Guest will use at own risk. The Homeowner will not be responsible for any injuries sustained by the Guest or other occupants. The Guest is responsible for the general maintenance of the hot tub during the term of the lease. The Guest is responsible for the full cost that may be due for repair and/or replacement of the hot tub that is required as a result of negligence by the Guest. The Guest must operate the hot tub according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Our housekeepers sanitize, refill, and/or replenish chemicals in the hot tub prior to the start of the lease, but the Homeowner cannot guarantee how the chemistry of the water will vary during the stay of the Guest. The temperature is fixed at 102 degrees F; the temperature should not be altered. Do not stand on or place objects on the hot tub cover. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support weight. They will break and you may be charged for replacement. When not using the hot tub, ensure the jets are turned off and the cover is securely placed.
9. Water and Septic: DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged for damages.
10. If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless the state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Plan ahead by reviewing the forecast and road conditions. We highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. Homeowner does not refund due to road conditions.
We live in the Bay area and love using our home for outdoor adventures with our family and friends, including snowboarding, snowshoeing, hiking, rock climbing, boating, and swimming. We also love relaxing by the fire or in the hot tub and admiring the stars.