An exciting opportunity to stay in a unique part of London, which is Covent Garden. Enjoy the diversity with its quirky market stalls, pubs, street entertainment and so much more. Enjoy a meal in one of the numerous local restaurants, or book a night at the opera or theatre.
The flat forms part of a listed Edwardian mansion block. It holds a number of original features, is fully furnished and commands an excellent location, being only 2 minutes walk from the Covent Garden tube station and piazza.
Situated in a safe area and normally one of the quieter streets, St Martin's Courtyard is also close by, with it's showcase of fashionable shops and restaurants. A nice touch, are the original street gas lamps that are illuminated in the evening.
The accommodation comprises a cozy and comfortable double sized room with share of the generously proportioned kitchen/diner, bathroom and all available facilities.
The room is carpet fitted and includes a high quality single divan bed, polished desk, two chairs, built in and free standing double sized wardrobes, full length mirror, efficient Wifi, television, hairdryer, oscillating fan, bedside table and three table lamps.
There is a good standard of decoration and thorough standard of cleanliness throughout. The main building and flat is served by a monitored fire alarm system, with fire extinguishers and emergency lighting located on each staircase level. The flat is also facilitated with smoke and carbon monoxide alarms and all gas services are checked annually to meet UK certified standards. The area is recognised as safe and no security difficulties have been experienced to date. All doors are nevertheless secured to a high standard.
The guest will have their own private room and shared use of the bathroom, kitchen/diner, balcony and all available facilities. There are most faciliites available within the flat for everyday living. Guests are expected to provide their own personal items such as food and toothpaste etc.
However, breakfast food will be provided which includes a good selection of cereals and bread, milk, jams and marmalade, tea and coffee, fruit juices and fresh fruit.
It is requested that guests who have specific or special dietry requirements, including those with any type of nut allergy should purchase their own items to suit their own personal requirements. Storage space can be made available in the refrigerator upon request.
Other things to note
The accommodation offers an ideal location to stay for that autumn break, Christmas shopping or new year celebrations etc. The fabulous display of Christmas lights and creative shop windows. The extensive range of shops in Oxford Street and Regent Street are all close by, and within walking distance. The world famous Harrods store is only a short tube journey away too. The new year celebrations at Trafalgar Square, with the chimes of Big Ben and the fabulous firework display over the Thames. If you still have the energy, enjoy the new years day parade as well.
1. The most important rule is for the host and guest to behave in good faith and with mutual respect. The simple courtesy applies in that if you drop something you should pick it up and if you use something, then you should clean up after you. The flat is fully equipped for normal everyday life and the guest is welcome to use all available facilities in a normal and reasonable way.
2. It is a pre-requisite that any booking is actually made by the guest wishing stay, and not for any unlisted third party.
3. The flat is entirely no smoking and that would apply to all parts of the building including the main staircase and balcony.
4. The room is designated for one guest only and is not intended for any other visitors or for overnight stays.
5. Please remove outside shoes/boots upon arrival and when at home. These can be placed in the cupboard within the room.
6. Wi-Fi is available across each part of the accommodation. In accordance with Airbnb guidelines, it is a condition of use that this facility is only used for legal purposes, and that you undertake not to use this for illegal uploading, downloading, or other illegal activities.
7. The room is facilitated with a quantity of books, maps and other publications for the use and benefit of each existing and incoming guest. All such items remain the property of the host and are not intended to be taken away upon check out.
8. No pets are allowed, nor the use of flame lit candles or tea lighters etc. There is no space for the storage of a bicycle, but bicycle street parking facilities are available within close proximity to the accommodation.
I am able to offer a friendly and supportive approach to all guests. It is important to me that they are comfortable in my home and I would be happy to give them any advice I can during their stay. Equally I will offer any guest peace and quiet, and the privacy they desire.
Originally from South Wales, I have now lived in London for most of my adult life.
Worldly in outlook and with a good sense of humour. Sensible, kind and optimistic with a quietly calm yet confident disposition who enjoys meeting new people. Motto of my first school was "Manners Maketh Man" and I still follow this in my everyday life.
I do not smoke and enjoy the occasional visit to the pub. I also enjoy good food and eat sensibly, at least some of the time anyway!
I love living in London with all it has to offer, but equally like to travel from time to time, including the adventure of the odd city break.
I enjoy many sports, particularly rugby and boxing, and other interests include listening to many kinds of music, particularly classical and opera.