Cicada Woods is a serene 11acres of scenic hill and valley on the edge of the forest, offering outdoor and nature-lovers an escape to tranquillity, great birding and the adventure of camping in tents. Owned by an outdoor loving couple, the place is designed to preserve its wild and natural beauty. Ideal for groups from 6 to 25, Cicada Valley offers a combination of ruggedness and comfort, with tents on cement plinths, separate toilet blocks for ladies and gents, and a rustic dining area.
Guests can access most parts of the estate, except certain private areas.
Interaction with guests
One of us will make an effort to be there during your stay. Even if we are unable to personally be present, our caretakers will look after all your needs, and we are always accessible on the phone.
- As this is an eco-sensitive area, guests are requested to be mindful about littering and the use of plastic, and to avoid any kind of loud music and bright lights. If smoking is unavoidable, we would request that you smoke only in designated smoking areas since stray sparks and cigarette butts could be a potential fire hazard. Kindly avoid throwing litter around the tented area – please use the receptacles provided for the purpose. Smoking and any open fire is not allowed inside the tents.
- Outdoor and wilderness safety rules need to be followed. The place is home to all kinds of life, especially birds, insects and reptiles
- Smoking allowed only in delineated areas
- To preserve the ambience of the place, there is no electricity in the tented area, though we do have electricity in the dining area and toilets. Torches may be used in the tents, no open flames please.
- While we welcome groups, we would request that you refrain from boisterous behaviour, loud music and partying. Guests are requested to treat this as a nature retreat.
Cicada Woods is owned by the Candade family. It is operated by Major Ashok Candade and Kalyani Candade. Major Candade is an adventure specialist and outbound facilitator, with a breadth and depth of experience in outdoor living and camping. He is joined by his wife Kalyani Candade, writer, ardent nature lover and a trained outbound facilitator, in hosting you at Cicada Woods.
Developed and designed to create the ideal ambience for corporate outbound training, Cicada Woods brings you nature in all her glory, great birding, a tranquility that to be experienced to be believed, scenic views - and the joy of camping.