Island Breeze is a 3 bedroom 2 bath beach house designed to allow your family to enjoy all that Little Gasparilla Island has to offer. There are beach bikes for guest's use so you can ride up and down the beach. There are also stand up paddle boards for exploring the bay or cruising up the sand bar with the dolphins. You are just a short one-minute stroll to the beach or five-minutes to the dock, for great fishing, swimming, sun bathing or shell collecting!
Island Breeze is situated just a two-minute walk from the beach and a 5 minute walk to the bay so the best of both worlds are close at hand. The owners have purchased beach bikes for their guest's use so you can explore the pathways of the island and ride up and down the beach. They have also outfitted the home with two stand up paddle boards perfect for exploring the bay or cruising up the sand bar with the dolphins. These boards are easy to enjoy standing up or sitting down and enhance your enjoyment of Little Gasparilla's lovely beach! And, for a rental of one month or more this winter , the owners will include use of their golf cart for free! This is a value of $1,200 and is valid for monthly rentals in January or February 2018.
This 3 bedroom home sleeps 7 comfortably. The master bedroom upstairs has Gulf views from the king bed and a private bathroom with tub and shower. The loft bedroom has a twin bed and a trundle. Downstairs, the second bedroom has bunkbeds and an additional twin plus another bathroom with a shower. The home has been updated with brand new appliances, all new furnishings, new linens, a brand new gas grill, new flat screen TV -- even new landscaping!
The large living room has bamboo flooring, a spacious open plan and sliding doors that open to a breezy screened porch. Dramatic high ceilings add to the spacious feel. A breakfast bar seats 3 and the dining table seats an additional six people. The kitchen is fully equipped and includes a dishwasher. All linens, including beach towels, are supplied as are beach chairs.
This family friendly home is ready for you to enjoy all that Little Gasparilla has to offer...balmy tropical breezes, the beautiful beaches, great fishing right off the dock and the relaxing island lifestyle!
Island Breeze is located on Rum Runner Road near the south end of the island....Dock 75. There is docking for guests a bit farther to the south. As you walk from the dock, you pass through a lush tropical paradise of air plants and bromeliads, thick mangroves, ferns and cabbage palms. This is a unique part of Little Gasparilla and one that never ceases to amaze with its tropical beauty.
Interaction with guests
We live on the mainland, roughly 15 minutes from the island, so you will have plenty of privacy. We are always reachable by cell if you have issues, and our housekeeper lives on the island if you need immediate assistance. We have 911 service on the island for emergencies.
Other things to note
ANSWERS TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock
• All homes come with a grill. This home has a brand new gas grill.
• All homes come with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary; the island is only 200-300 yards wide in most places and our concierge will meet you upon arrival to bring you to the house. But they are fun to go exploring and you can rent one on the island from LGI Carts. Their phone number is provided once you book.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• This home allows small dogs. We must be notified in advance of booking and a $100 pet fee will be applied to cover additional cleaning costs.
• If you wish to use our mobile hotspot keep in mind this is NOT the internet you are used to on the mainland. There is no unlimited data and wi-fi should NOT be used for entertainment. No Netflix, no streaming music, no downloading videos, etc. or you will find that data will be very expensive. We suggest you download movies or books before coming to the island.
Each booking guest agrees to provide list of all occupants and other contact info, and agrees not to exceed the number of occupants listed on the booking request submitted.
Prior to departure you are required to wash your dishes and launder any beach towels you have used. Laundry facilities are provided.
No smoking anywhere inside the house. No parties allowed; only the people in the reservation may be at the house without prior permission. You will be required to sign our rental contract listing these terms.
At least two members of your group must be age 25 or older.
Please don't take these rules to mean you are not welcome. To the contrary, they are how we help ensure that the beach house stays lovely and clean so all our guests can have the best vacation of their lives!
This host has 32 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
My husband Buddy and I have lived on Little Gasparilla Island for over 30 years and we love to introduce guests to the joys of tropical island living. We love the pristine beauty of the beach, the friendly atmosphere of the island and the "old Florida" laid back ambiance. The peace and quiet and relaxation that you experience while on the island make it unlike any other vacation!
We have another home on the mainland, so when you stay on the island, we give you lots of space and privacy...but if you need anything, we are nearby and our housekeeper lives on island if you have any maintenance issues. We want you to relax and embrace the island lifestyle.
No roads, no cars, no stress...long, lazy days spent reading a book on the beach, snorkeling off the sandbar, collecting shells from the beach and enjoying a fabulous sunset from the front porch....THIS is what makes a vacation on Little Gasparilla different from other Florida vacations! Tourists and traffic are just a mainland memory!
We can tell you where to find the best shells or shark's teeth, help you rent kayaks or stand up paddle boards, and tell you where the freshest seafood can be found (other than what you catch off the dock!)
Just bring your groceries, flip flops and a tropical attitude!