This charming cottage home has been affectionately named “The Birdhouse,” and, you guessed it … the theme of the décor throughout is based on our colorful feathered friends!
We have put our hearts and souls into making this cottage a lovely place, and we are so grateful for all the wonderful reviews.
If you appreciate the tranquility of a quiet neighborhood full of friendly folks, and would like a conveniently-located home all to yourself, we’d love to extend our gracious hospitality.
This is a charming home that we affectionately refer to as "The Birdhouse." When you walk in and see the decor, you'll understand why we call it that. The outside is tastefully colorful, and the inside radiates an energy that will warm you to the soul.
It's located on South Hill in a beautiful, friendly neighborhood, just a few minutes from downtown Spokane. However, you needn't go downtown if you want to stay in the area, as there are plenty of eateries, grocery stores, coffee stands, department stores, and the beautiful world-renowned gardens of Manito Park ... all within walking distance!
The lush, treed front yard and the tranquility of nature will beckon to your creature comforts. Whether you're relaxing on the front porch, enjoying a visit on the patio under the pergola, or cooking up a masterpiece on the grill, you're sure to make special memories at The Birdhouse.
We LOVE happy pets with gracious responsible owners -- 2 pet max please!
Randy and Angie purchased and renovated this property with the sole purpose of creating an amazing experience for their Airbnb guests, offering their gracious hospitality to travelers who would enjoy having an entire house with easy parking and all the comforts of home. Our number one goal is to make sure that your experience with us is nothing but positive, and we're happy to say that the reviews speak for themselves.
As our Portlandia friends say, "Put a Bird on It!
The guests will have access to the entire home and yard.
The basement is divided into two areas: The first area consists of the downstairs bedroom, the laundry facilities and the second bathroom. The second area is a curtained-off storage space that is restricted to the hosts. We do not lock this area, as it leads to an emergency exit. We ask that guests refrain from entering this part of the basement unless the emergency exit is needed.
Interaction with guests
We enjoy meeting our guests, but we also understand how busy life can be when you’re visiting from out of town. So, while we will attempt to swing by and meet you, we completely understand if you aren’t around to make it happen. The last thing you need is pressure from the hosts! However, please keep in mind that in order to keep our gardens and landscape groomed and polished, it requires regular mowing, trimming and sometimes, an urgent repair … so you may see us anyway. We will attempt to contact you ahead of time if we plan on performing any outdoor maintenance tasks during your stay, and if possible, we will try to get it done while you’re away. If you should you have any needs or questions, we can respond quickly, as we live in the vicinity and can be there within five minutes
Other things to note
You won't find personal belongings in drawers or closets. This home has been set up specifically for you, our guests.
There is plenty of parking in the driveway. We recommend you park closer to the garage to avoid the sprinklers hitting your car.
There is a washer and dryer for your use.
There is a BBQ for your use.
There are two beach cruiser bicycles for your use as well. These are available on a first come, first serve basis as they are shared with our sister listing The Beehive.
There are games, DVDs, and coloring books for children and adults.
There are grocery stores, restaurants and shops of all kinds on the South Hill within a five-minute drive and some within walking distance.
The Birdhouse is located in a wonderful neighborhood, however, for the protection of our guests, as well as our property, there are three security cameras on the outside of the building. There is one covering the front entrance, one covering the back door and one in the driveway facing the street. These cameras are not invasive to your privacy and are only monitored in the event of any criminal activity or accident that may call for a review of the security footage.
You will find a pet supplies in the kitchen cabinet with bowls, treats, toys and poop bags. As much as we love our pets and treat them like family, there are pet rules that need to be followed so that we can continue to allow our four legged family members as guests and also respect our incoming guests that may have pet allergies:
1. There is a $25 pet fee (per pet).
2. Pets must be approved prior to booking - 2 dog maximum.
3. We allow "Invisible Pets". The term "Invisible Pet" means that after you check out, we should not see any visible signs that your pet was in the home or yard. This includes but is not limited to; pet hair, carpet and/or fabric stains, damage to window coverings/furniture/wood floors/etc., no poop in the yard or urine damage to the grass outside the pet potty area, no pet food left in bowls, or any odor associated with a pet.
4. Pets are not allowed on the living room furniture or on/in the beds.
5. Pets are not to be left alone in the home unless they are in a kennel.
6. Please use the designated pet potty area. You must pick up after your pet. We provide the poop bags ... you provide the clean up.
7. No cats allowed due to guest allergies.
Other house rules:
1. Quiet time is between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. Loud parties and festivities are not allowed. While our neighbors are very kind people, we don’t want to disturb them.
2. Bicycles must be locked at all times. We provide the locks, helmets and pump if needed. You will need to sign a waiver prior to accessing the bikes.
3. We consider children under the age of two additional guests, and there will be a $10 per night charge for them. We have a Pack-N-Play and high chair for your use.
4. Play pools (if you should bring one) are not allowed on the grass.
5. Please keep the kids out of the trees. We know that they are very tempting, but they are very old, and the branches may snap off easily.
6. Smoking is strictly forbidden inside The Birdhouse. There is an ashtray provided outside on the front porch.
From Nov 22 - 26, 2017 the minimum stay is 4 nights.
I'm a happy-go-lucky kind of gal, who could best be described as a people-pleasing, dog-loving hippy wanna be! I live here in Spokane, and I know just what to do and see here in town. I love it so much, in fact, that I want to do all I can to make our special "Birdhouse" or "Beehive" available to all who may be traveling through. I am always available and willing to help in any way I can.