Fantastic location! Enjoy beautiful mountain and pastoral views. Located by the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains on 4 acres of land.
10 minutes from the entrance to Shenandoah National Park, close to local wineries/vineyards , and lots of antique stores. Approximately 25 minutes to Massanutten (indoor/outdoor waterpark), Montpelier, or 27 miles to UVA in Charlottesville.
Very close to the wedding venues such as Lydia's Mountain, Evermore Farm, and Golden Horseshoe Inn.
We want Bell Cottage to be your vacation destination for years to come! We hope you fall in love with the home as much as we did. All bedrooms are freshly painted, and the bathrooms and kitchen were given facelifts. The home was built in 1947 with some of the wood coming from the surrounding mountainside. Original vintage wood doors and knobs in many of the rooms. Original wood floors preserved in most of the home, with new slate in some of the first floor. We offer a nice sized kitchen with eat in dining and breakfast bar. TV located in the living room. Easy access to the first floor from the driveway for those that can't climb stairs. Two bedrooms (queen and twin) and a bathroom with shower on the first floor, and two bedrooms (full and trundle bed) and a bathroom with bathtub/shower upstairs. All beds include use of pillows and quilts/blankets.
The house has WiFi, Dish Network, phone (free calls within US), DVD player, coffee pot, toaster oven, microwave, refrigerator, cookware/utensils/dishware, charcoal grill, and outdoor seating. We added a new wine bar area (BYOB) for guests since we are near the Monticello Wine Trail (Eastern and Northern trails) and close to many wineries.
Extra amenity available- for an additional $35 per week, the maid will provide use of sheets, towels, soap, initial rolls of T.P. for each bathroom, and shampoo. Linen service includes initial set up of linens and washing them upon departure. Two week notice is required for this service. Please message us if interested.
There are 4 acres of property we hope you enjoy. Great for Frisbee, soccer, etc. Most of the 4 acres are in the front of the home going toward the road, and to the sides. There is a small green space behind the home before the neighbors property/yard begins.
Interaction with guests
I am most available via (EMAIL HIDDEN) I can also be reached via phone at (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) if you leave a message (home phone so please do not text), or cell ph(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) . I am not on site. I will reply within 4 hours or less in most cases during the daytime. Please contact me with any questions or concerns.
Other things to note
If you need any necessities that you forgot to bring on your trip, Dollar General is only 5 minutes away in Stanardsville, and Walmart is only 10-15 minutes down the road as you head towards Ruckersville. Restaurants and gas stations are located there as well.
As stated previously, for and additional $35 business essentials (i.e use of sheets, towels, soap, initial rolls of T.P. for each bathroom, and shampoo) are available with at least two weeks notice. Please message us if interested.
If you decide against the business essentials/linen service, here is a list of helpful items to pack: sheets, bath towels, hand towels, dish towels, dish rags, dish soap, hand/body soap, shampoo, toilet paper, towel paper, garbage bags, oil, food, spices, and other necessities. Charcoal, lighter fluid, lighter, etc. not provided with grill.
Utensils, cookware, dishes, pillows and blankets are provided for your use.
- Please note that there are cords on the draperies and blinds for those with small children
- Please note there is a small stream bordering part of the property (by the road), which you are welcome to view. Be advised to avoid the stream area during/after excessive rainfall.
- Please do not climb/lean, or stand on the front porch railings, bell post, or oil tank
-Please do not let children 6 years old or under on the front porch (back patio is OK)
- Please do not use the grill within 7 feet of any structures (house, shed, or vegetation) or within 10 feet of the oil tank. Please watch the grill as the mountain winds are strong and can blow embers or flames. Please place the lid on the grill when done, and once it is cool please clean the grates so others can enjoy.
- Please only pull the school bell rope (i.e. ring) once per day. Although the property is on 4 acres, it is in a development.
-Please be aware that mowing may occur during your stay (we try to avoid this). Please clear the lawn of any items when not in use. Please do not have children playing on the grass during mowing for the sake of safety as large equipment is used.
- Any excessive noise from renters may result in termination of the rental and the security deposit will not be refunded.
-Please stay on the property, and avoid the neighbor's lawn. Most of the cottage's 4 acres is to the front and sides of the home so there is plenty of area to roam.
- Prior to check out- return furniture to the original locations, close and lock all windows and outside doors, dispose of trash in the proper receptacles (extra is tied up and placed on back patio), empty refrigerator, and wash, dry, and put away any dishes/utensils/pans/coffee pot used. The maid will handle the rest, but they will not do dishes or move furniture.
Utensils, cookware, dishes/glasses, pillows and blankets are provided for your use. Please remember to bring your own sheets, bath towels, hand towels, dish towels (unless you decided upon the optional sheets/towels laundry service), dish soap, hand/body soap, shampoo, toilet paper, towel paper, and other necessities.
Thank you from Bell Cottage
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.