17th Century ChappelGardens
Quinta de Santa Maria-Luxury Villa
Hosted by Vera
Vera is the host.
10 guests
1 bedroom
10 beds
8 baths
10 guests
1 bedroom
10 beds
8 baths
You won’t be charged yet

The space

Quinta de Santa Maria is a luxury villa, designed and furnished for the most discerning of visitors. Situated within easy distance of the picturesque town of Ponte de Lima, the property was built using traditional methods and is one of the most impressive villas you will find in this region. Many leisure activities are just 10 minutes away, including horse riding, golf and aquatic sports.
At Quinta de Santa Maria the décor is rich and tasteful, featuring rich Mediterranean colours and furnished with a blend of exquisite antiques. The house contains five spacious private suites for a maximum of 10 guests, a fully equipped kitchen, a stunning dining room, a formal living room with a tiled fireplace, a sitting room with a large screen TV and surround sound... you’re in for a real treat!
Quinta de Santa Maria is the ideal property for the discerning traveller who wants to take family, friends or a small corporate group to one of the most beautiful parts of northern Portugal. Here you’ll enjoy the privacy of a large luxury villa with all the comforts of home and at the same time experience the history and lifestyle of the Portuguese aristocracy. On the ground floor is a fully equipped kitchen and a dining room full of regional crafts and artworks from the owner’s amazing collection. The kitchen is complete with gas stovetop, oven, refrigerator/freezer and dishwasher. There is also a large formal living room with fireplace, offering lovely views across the front and back gardens. Completing this floor are four distinctive and elegantly decorated suites, each with its own bathroom with bathtub and shower, featuring original, hand-painted designs on the tiles.
Extra amenities include heating throughout the house to ensure your comfort in winter, laundry facilities and two extra bathrooms. Air conditioning is not necessary since the thick walls allow the house to remain cool in the summer. The amazing private gardens are filled with lavender, cypress, magnolia, wisteria and chestnut trees. A pond filled with carp is another of the original and beautiful features you will find on this wonderful property. The flood-lit swimming pool is surrounded by a sun terrace, a barbecue area and plenty of comfortable outdoor furniture. A maid provides daily cleaning services six days a week, which is included in the price.
The basement contains a large games room with satellite TV, billiard table, soccer table, DVD and video players and a surround sound music system. An exquisite bedroom suite completes this floor with direct access to the gardens. Expansive, breathtaking gardens, olive groves and forests surrounding the property beckon you to take a walk and visitors can also discover waterfalls nearby where you can swim.
Many interesting destinations in northern Portugal are within easy access via the highway. Only 80 kilometres (49 miles) away, Porto is the country’s second largest city. Wine connoisseurs can visit the numerous Port wine lodges and taste the different varieties or take a river cruise along the Douro to see wine growing in action! Situated west in the Lima river estuary, Viana do Castelo offers beautiful beaches and popular festivals. The city of Braga – perhaps Portugal’s main religious centre – is known for its baroque churches, splendid 18th Century houses and elaborate gardens and parks. Heading south east, the Guimarães historical centre is an UNESCO World Heritage Site and is also known as the birthplace of the nation. Come and enjoy the best of Northern Portugal!


Amenities
Internet
Wireless Internet

Prices
Cleaning Fee $339 NZD
Security Deposit $1697 NZD
Weekend Price $1273 NZD / night
Always communicate through Airbnb
To protect your payment, never transfer money or communicate outside of the Airbnb website or app.
Learn more

Sleeping arrangements
Bedroom 1
5 single beds

House Rules
Check in is anytime after 2PM
Check out by 1PM

Absolutely no pets Allowed.
The caution is 1000€ and should be payed when checking in, and returned when checking out.
There are two payment methods:
1. 60% payed when booking, and the other 40% payed one month before the arrival.
2. The totality of the price payed when booking.

The price is 750€ per night. When booking for a full week, there is a 250€ discount.


Cancellations

Availability
5 nights minimum stay

No reviews (yet)

This host has 2 reviews for other properties.

View other reviews
Lisbon, PortugalJoined in June 2013
Vera User Profile

....

Languages: English, Español, Français, Português
Response rate: 100%
Response time: within an hour

The neighbourhood

Similar listings