Oceanfront cottage with private beach on the Long Island Sound perfect for a week or weekend getaway. Property is close to universities, vineyards, art museums, Mystic Seaport, and outlet mall shopping. Easy day trips to Rhode Island and other historical towns and landmarks.
The property is perfect for couples, families and friends to enjoy a quiet seaside experience. We also provide a great venue for larger events, including weddings, graduation parties, and family reunions.
Guests will be able to access the entire house with the exception of the garage.
Interaction with guests
I will be available remotely if necessary.
- SECURITY DEPOSITS: the purpose of the security deposit is to protect the home and it’s contents from malicious or negligent damage and/or the home being left in abnormally dirty conditions resulting in excessive cleaning costs (i.e. carpet/furniture stains, furniture damage, broken or stolen items, etc.). The house should be kept in the same condition as guest check in. It is unlawful to remove any items from the home. It is the tenant’s responsibility to report, upon arrival, any damages found and/or any repairs or maintenance needed. You are responsible for any and all damages that occur to the property or its contents by you or any other member of your group while you are the registered occupant of the property.
- KEYS: we will provide keys prior to check in at the house. Early check-in is strictly prohibited without prior approval as time is needed to clean the premises before arrival.
- CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT TIMES: in order to supply our guests a clean unit and avoid delays we ask that all guests abide by our check-in time of 3:00 pm. and check-out time of 11:00 a.m. If you wish to extend your stay, notification must be sent 24 hours before check out and is subject to availability. Otherwise, a $25.00 per hour charge for early/late check in/out.
- MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: the number of guests occupying the property is limited to 8 guests and 4 cars with the exception of an infant requiring a crib. No mobile homes or campers of any sort will be allowed on the property. Violations of any occupancy conditions is grounds for your security deposit not being refunded and immediate eviction without refund of rent or deposit. These limits are strictly enforced.
- CHILDREN: the home is not child proofed. We do not have child proof locks on any cabinets or doors and there are not gates to keep children from entering specific rooms. The yard is not fenced nor has any barrier to the waterfront. Upon arrival, you may want to put items you think your child may get into away or up on higher shelves. Any child proof items needed for your children must be brought with the renter.
- NO SMOKING / NO PETS ALLOWED: any extra cleaning charges, including but not limited to carpet, furniture, draperies or bedding, because of smoking will be deducted from the security deposit. Smoking is not allowed inside or outside. Candles are not to be burned inside or outside the premises. Violations will be charged $500 fees including any additional cost to deodorize the home. No pets are allowed on the property. Penalty will include forfeiture of security deposit plus an additional breach of contract fee of $500.00 and eviction of tenants.
- QUIET TIME/RESIDENTIAL PURPOSES: the quiet time rule is 11 pm to 7 am and is strictly enforced. Renter(s) shall peacefully and quietly occupy the premises and shall not interfere with the rights of our neighbors/tenants. We respect the rights of our neighbors. Renter(s) shall permit no activities on the premises, which are contrary to any law, ordinance and/or applicable health and/or fire department or insurance policy provisions. Penalty will include forfeiture of your security deposit.
- HOUSEKEEPING: there is cleaning fee per rental period. The home will be ready for you upon check-in and will be cleaned after you depart. If you require additional housekeeping during your stay please contact us and we will arrange a cleaning through our service. Please rinse the sand off your feet and shoes before entering the house as there is an extra charge for removal of sand in the house. If the place is left exceptionally messy, owner reserves the right to charge extra cleaning fee.
- LINENS, HOUSEWARES and TOWELS: all bed linens and towels are provided. A washer and dryer are on the premises for your use. An initial supply of hand soap and toilet paper are provided along with house wares. We suggest you bring your own beach towels and beach chairs, and other kitchen and bathroom convenience items. Bath towels are not to be taken out of the property for any other use. Please pull linens off of bed before departing.
- APPLIANCES and GRILL: the ice machine is not connected to the main line and is not intended for guest use. Appliances, toilets, heating /air conditioning systems and all mechanics are continually checked and kept maintained. However, we cannot guarantee a mechanical may not malfunction during your stay. We make every effort to have repairs made as quickly as possible. No refunds will be made for failure or damage. The grill is for renters to enjoy, however it must be cleaned and properly stored with grill cover after use. Renters are responsible for filling / exchanging the propane (closest is 284 Shore Road Gas station).
- BEFORE DEPARTING GUESTS ARE REQUIRED TO: Clean dishes, pots, pans and cookware and place in cabinets. Lock all windows and doors. Leave furniture and décor in original location as moving so will scratch the floors. Any damage inflicted from moving furniture will be deducted from deposit. Games/accessories must be placed in original location and condition. Please pull linens off of bed before departing. Leave the beach house in as good condition as when you receive it.
- INDEMNIFICATION: the guest agrees to indemnify and save individual homeowner and the Beach House free and harmless for any liabilities or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from, related to, or in connection with rental of the premises. This includes, but is not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or loss of property, which is made, incurred or sustained, by guest or guests of guest, or any occupants of the premises. Renter(s), their family and guests bear the risk of any injury. It is further understood that the Beach House and owner shall not be responsible for any personal property left at the property by renters.
- TERMINATION OF RENTAL: we reserve the right to refuse or discontinue tenancy if in its opinion the guest is detrimental to the property. We reserve the right to enter the property should we believe any of the above policies are being violated. Any violation of the above mentioned policies would result in immediate eviction with loss of the entire rental and security deposit amounts.