Our home is within the Mendip Hills, just outside the beautiful city of Wells. We are within 25 mins of Chedder and Ebbor Gorge, Frome, Glastonbury and Wookey Hole, within 45 mins of both Bath, Bristol, Longleat and Burnham-on-Sea. You’ll love your stay because of the stunning views, private space and surrounding adventures. You can also enjoy a massage with Martha a trained bodywork therapist during your stay. Our accommodation is perfect for couples, solo adventurers and small families.
The studio space is a south facing annex to our home, in a peaceful village which is renowned locally for the beautiful views across the Somerset levels to Glastonbury Tor. You can enjoy these views from your living/bedroom and the main kitchenette (and directly from the breakfast bar). We feel completely away from any hustle and bustle, while you are actually only 2 1/2 miles from Wells (the smallest city in England).
There is a comfortable queen sized bed. A sofa (which can be folded into a surprisingly comfortable sofa bed). Drawers, shelves, coffee tables and its own door to the front where your car will be parked, which on a beautiful day can be opened to enjoy the view even more. A travel cot and bedding can be provided.
The kitchenette is in two parts; the main section is next to your living room. In it are the front door to the studio and a back door leading to the shared garden. The breakfast bar, kettle, toaster, microwave (with grill) and fridge (no freezer) are also based in this area (with a variety of herbal and 'builders' tea/ground 'real' yummy coffee/milk etc there for guests to use).
The main kitchenette space leads into two adjoining rooms which house the sink, crockery, cutlery, washing machine, dryer, bins etc.
You then continue on to pass a door (which can lead to our home but which is locked during your stay) and your bathroom which has an electric shower, mirrors, toilet, towels and towel rail.
The bedroom/living room and main kitchenette have their own electric heating - so in your main space you can enjoy the temperature that suits you throughout your stay. The extended kitchenette and bathroom have radiators which are connected to our own system. They are not on all day/night but you are invited to request these to be on at specific times that suit you (e.g. when you expect to take showers). Additional electric heaters can be provided. Fans are also available for the summer months.
The studio space has its own entrance and is an annex to our home. You can enjoy a combined bedroom and living room, a bathroom and kitchenette area - all private for your entire stay. During a longer stay I may, on occasion, need to access the washing machine and dryer (located in the extended kitchenette/utility area), appropriate times will be agreed with you - I always very happily work around guests.
The garden space has tiers which allows privacy to both guests and our family.
Interaction with guests
We will be here to welcome you when you arrive.
We have found and anticipate that most guests come to our space to enjoy the privacy that our studio space offers. So, we will give you this privacy during your stay - however we are always extremely happy to be of any help during your stay and enjoy being flexible to suit you needs. If you would like us to pop something in our oven/on our stove for example you only have to ask :-).
If, during a longer stay, I need to use the washing machine/dryer etc (located in the extended kitchenette/utility area) this will be agreed and will always be at an appropriate and convenient time for you.
We are often out and about but I always have my phone on me if anything needs to be discussed.
I will always accommodate where possible so please just ask.
Other things to note
Priory Medical Centre (Wells) (2.4 miles) (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (enquries) / (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) (appointments)
Priory Health Park, Glastonbury Road, Wells Somerset BA5 1XL
Shepton Mallet Community Hospital (3.3 miles) (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Bucklers Way, Old Wells Road, Shepton Mallet, Somerset BA4 4PG
West Mendip Community Hospital (5.9 miles) (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Old Wells Road, BA6 8JD
Royal United Hospital (15 miles) (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Combe Park, Bath, Avon BA1 3NG
Bristol Royal Infirmary (16.1 miles) (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Marlborough Street, Bristol, Avon BS2 8HW
Boots (1.9 miles) (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) High Street, Wells BA5 2AA
Tesco In-Store Pharmacy (2.1 miles) (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Tesco Pharmacy, Tucker Street, Wells Somerset BA5 2DZ
- We are set within a beautifully tranquil village and appreciate quiet comings and goings in the evenings and early mornings
- Please help us to be mindful of our neighbours and enjoy quiet times from 9pm to 9am
- Check-in is between 5-10pm (unless by prior arrangement)
- Check-out is by 10am
- If you have babies/children accompanying you there is a double sofa bed and a travel cot can also be provided (there is an additional fee of £10 per additional guest - baby, child or adult)
- Please respect our wish by not smoking anywhere inside, this includes standing near an open door/window
- We like to keep the space animal free for guests who may have allergies, so please ignore pleas from our two cats ;-)
- No visitors outside paying guests (without prior arrangement)
- You may wear (non muddy shoes) in all areas except the living/bedroom, please keep this area completely free from shoes
- Please leave a donation of £1 each time you use the washing machine or dryer.
- Please leave our space as you found it and report any damage/problems
- You can enjoy our garden space at anytime, there will be areas that the family are using - we will agree these together :-)
- If the keys are lost, we will unfortunately need to ask you to cover the bill of cutting more – price tbc
- We will always welcome our guests with courtesy and look forward to receiving the same courtesy from you :-)
- Please help us to make this space special for all our guest by making suggestions for improvements, we welcome all ideas!