The house has 2 queen & 1 king BR, a full bath w tub, eat-in kitchen, family room, & a patio w fire pit and porch.
5 minute drive to Riverbend
15/20 minutes to downtown/stadiums
20 to Cincinnati Nature Center
& on the bus line
The house has a washer and dryer (in the basement - please ask for access) and central air. You have gas for cooking and also sheets and towels to use. You have full access to the kitchen (e.g. pots, pans, glasses, drink ware, cookbooks, spices, condiments (e.g. butter, jelly, syrup, dressings, salt, pepper, etc. I am generally flexible with whatever you need to use.
The home was built in 1948 and the neighborhood is pretty quiet (but my side yard is on a main street with emergency vehicles passing from time to time) with a grocery store just a block away, a nearby park, ice cream shop, and quick access to so many of the fun activities the area has to offer. Cincinnati and northern Kentucky are filled with an assortment of attraction and nearly all areas are able to be reached by car in 10-35 minutes.
You will have full access to the entire main living area of the home, plus a very large bedroom on the second floor of my cape cod style house. There is a fully equipped kitchen complete with over sized frige, dishwasher, gas stove and microwave. Pots, pans, spices, utensils, grill, and just about any of the basics you need for a meal on any level are at your service. The bathroom is stocked with fresh linens, soap, and shampoo. The hardwood floors create a relaxing front room with a TV. There is also a porch with nice outdoor seating, as well as a spacious backyard complete with patio and fire pit that you are welcome to enjoy.
Interaction with guests
I stay in the lower level (finished walkout basement) when guests are here but they are securely divided at the stairwell. The laundry access is in the lower level but it is easy to get to from the main floor and you are welcome to use it - just ask.
I will greet you on arrival and be home regularly but the upper area of the home is exclusively yours during your stay.
There is a cat and dog in the house, but both will be kept in the lower living area and out of your environment during your stay.
Other things to note
Pets are welcome as long as they are friendly and house trained. I prefer that dogs be crated if you will be gone for any length of time. I have a medium sized crate you are welcome to use during your stay.
1) It is our wish that our guests be kind and respectful of our space. It is a somewhat small space and therefore it is no place for too much noise. Please no late night activities (after 10 on a week night, after midnight on the weekend) unless discussed in advance. The Golden Rule applies here 24/7. :-)
2) Smoking is allowed on the patio, please dispose of your waste in the ash trays provided
3) Access – The front door of our home is your guest entrance. You will get your own set of keys.
4) Parking – free and safe on the street (you can't legally park right in front of the house as it's a fire lane).
5) Pets – small & medium dogs (under 50lbs) and cats are welcome here, but never without you (please crate them if you are gone - i have a medium dog and two cat crates you can borrow). Just make sure they are calm and quiet. We have one medium dog and a cat (which we keep away from our guests upon request).
6) Damages – if anything minor is damaged, broken, or stained, please notify us before you leave so we can replace or fix the item before our next guests arrive. For major mishaps, please contact us immediately.
7) Check in/out can be flexible as my schedule permits. Just ask and i will do my best to accommodate your needs.
8) Kids - my house is pretty kid friendly but isn't child proof. There are small objects about and none of the doors have any sort of locks or deterrents installed.
I enjoy finding all the little parts of new places which make them unique. From people and their traditions to food, history, architecture, culture and all the rest. I love learning how they all cross pollinate to create the wonderfully unusual - that is what I hope to find and like to share.
Dr. Seuss and Gandhi were pretty smart dudes...
Those that matter don't mind, those that mind don't matter.
Be the change you want to see in the world