An authentic historical home with a sweeping view. Just 3 minutes from the city center but in a refreshingly quiet neighbourhood. Casa Santana will be your home away from home during your time in Lisbon.
Offering views across the shining Tejo River and over the Rossio, this sunny one-bedroom holiday apartment welcomes you to Lisbon.
Tucked out of sight of modern Lisbon, Casa Santana is a three minute walk from the Rossio, Lisbon's main plaza, and the favored reference point for exploring Lisbon. From Casa Santana, you are just minutes from some of Lisbon's most famous sites and restaurants in Lisbon... and yet delightfully hidden away on a quiet residential street.
Located on the second floor of a recently restored 19th century building, the open floor plan works equally well for families or adults travelling together. Every room has charming views over Lisbon's tiled roofs.
On-site inspection and approval from SAWDAY’S 'Special Places to Stay'
We also offer:
* LUXURY LINENS: 400+ threadcount sheets; soft, fluffy towels;
* ORIENTATION TOUR: from the local grocer to a quick visit to the Rossio/Baixa, this introduction quickly became a guest favorite;
* WELCOME PACK: bottle of Portuguese Vinho Verde, coffee, teas, orange juice, tangy local cheese, fresh fruit and freshly-baked bread;
* METRO/TRAM PASSES: we can have these waiting for you at check-in, just ask;
* PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING: If you wish, we can pick-up a few of your favorite staples. No charge for delivery. Please ask for details;
* LIBRARY: books, games, guidebooks and Portuguese music CDs;
* SPORTS EQUIPMENT: beach towels, sports balls and handy surfing hints;
* FOR KIDS: Books, games and beach toys in each house. Due to its open stairways and mezzanine, Casa Pátria is not suitable for toddlers and young children.
* BABYSITTING: We are happy to help you find qualified sitters who speak a variety of languages. Please ask for details;
* ASK about our 'In-Home Cooking Classes' and 'Private Fado Tours'.
** Please note that the house is located at the top of a small hill and has interior stairs. As such, it is not suitable for people with limited mobility. **
** Offered under the Alojamento Local regime / Estabelecimento de Alojamento Local; Registry number 812/AL **
The entire apartment is yours for the duration of your stay. Please respect the neighbours.
Interaction with guests
We want you to have the best stay possible. We're available to help with just about anything, from advice on the sights to making dinner reservations. But if you'd rather explore on your own, we'll absolutely respect your space.
- The apartment is on the 2nd floor and located on a hill. As such, it is not recommended for people with limited mobility.
- No pets. No smoking. No parties. Please respect the neighbours.
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 24 hours of your trip and the first night is non-refundable.
Our family manages three vacation rentals and holiday apartments in the
historic center of Lisbon, and one on Armona Island, in the Algarve. For availability and booking information, please see V
Our parish prides itself on being an "aldeia" -- a village -- hidden in the
capitol city. You are only moments from the Rossio (Lisbon's main
plaza) yet, when you’re staying in one of our vacation rentals, you'll
fall naturally into the quiet simplicities of typical Portuguese neighborhood life.
And how did we find this wonderful neighbourhood? In June 2001, we kissed Seattle good-bye and moved to our family's ancestral Portugal to work with Habitat for Humanity/Portugal. Soon afterwards, in an attempt to
protect ourselves from the crashing dollar, we decided to panic -- no,
wait -- we diversified into €uro-zone real estate and launched our first
Ten years on, we couldn't be more pleased with the result: sharing our love of the Portuguese people and culture with guests from around the world has been a delight.
We never get tired of watching people fall in love with Lisbon!