Enjoy resort living at perfect elevations Hawaiian style. 15' waterfall, pool, and hot tub! 10min to town beaches, 15min to shopping, 30min to airport & great day trips. Holualoa: the most sought out neighborhood due location access, lush greenery, spring-like temperatures, perfect breezes and tranquil nature. Homes are well kept and landscape is lush with flowers and birds. PERFECTION!!
*Airbnb Price does NOT incl $165 Service Fee or the 13.42% HI Tax. Pls pay 1 week after booking.
We may be the only truly complex of Private Homes with water features, Pools, and Gardens as shown. The Home is all yours and the next unit is at least 70 feet away!
Sleeps 4 in Beds (Qx2) & has two floor futons for additional 2 persons for fee listed below.
Enjoy resort living on hillside slopes at a perfect elevation. Aromatic tropical breezes, spring-like temperatures, and birds singing in this sub-climate are to be sure to tickle your senses. Not too hot, not too cold, Homes Over Kona are located centrally in the historic, quaint, artsy coffee town above Kona called Holualoa. Perfect for a quiet cup of coffee and morning stroll. Only 10 min. away, you will enjoy Kona’s shoreline beaches with every water sport imaginable, downtown shopping or pier fishing, neighboring Captain Cook Town, or away kayaking with the Dolphins at Kealakekua Bay (30 min.). You can enjoy every direction very conveniently within a matter of minutes.
This particular island is famed for the ocean diving and snorkeling along with all the ocean activities you can imagine. Only 10 min. away, you will enjoy Kona’s shoreline beaches with every water sport imaginable, downtown shopping or pier fishing, neighboring Captain Cook Town, or away kayaking with the Dolphins at Kealakekua Bay (30 min.). You can enjoy every direction very conveniently within a matter of minutes. White, black, or even green sand beaches can be found on this island. The only active volcano and endless number of glorious hiking trails await you including the famed Waipio Valley and even a quickie hike just a short drive away. During certain times of the year, you may even experience snow on the caps of Mauna Kea as you capture unforgettable sunsets and stargaze the most glorious night skies imaginable. These are the skies we share with some of the famed observatories available for tours. Only this island can offer such variety in such a compact way. Lucky you, our property is right in the middle of it all.
This 4 unit 2 Acre Complex is newly built (2013) and furnished modern-tropical, with an Asian-Hawaiian flair. The 15' Waterfall Lagoon Pool and Sports Massager Hot Spa is communal.
The pools are all solar heated and designed to feel as if you are sitting in natural Hawaiian waters. Both the private Main pool and Waterfall Lagoon pool boast deep blue waters to match the Hawaiian oceans and giant lava beds to lay and relax on. The Waterfall Lagoon has a 15 foot waterfall drop that trickles and streams down creating an ambiance that only the sounds of water can offer.
The gardens are abundant with walking paths full of fragrance, proud of our native fauna, colorful plants and sweet smelling lei flowers. Yes, you can even pick and make your own lei. Majestic Monkey Pod trees canopy over the property and provide perfect shade for reading a book or taking a nap in a hammock. Fruit trees are everywhere and you are welcome to pick what you can eat. Don’t be surprised to find a bunch of bananas, basket of passion fruit or a fresh pineapple waiting on your lanai when you visit us. Other fruits on the property include plum, serinam cherries, guava, lychee, mangosteen, rambutan, mango, papaya, star fruit, pomegranate, avocados, coffee, many kinds of citris, and our secret miracle berry. Guests will also receive a bag of our local Kona coffee that is grown, picked and roasted right here in Holualoa.
Homes Over Kona is a unique property designed to keep you in tune with the aloha spirit of Hawaii. We want to share our air, our fauna, our wildlife. We want to welcome you to our homes.
Garden Hale: Unit Description
Nestled between avocado trees, amongst tropical flowers and fluffy Japanese grasses, this unit is appropriately named the Garden Hale. Although this unit only has 2 bedrooms, it feels spacious due to it's large open-plan living and kitchen area as well as an outdoor lanai to spread out on.
Relax in your living room in front of a large flat screen HDTV or read a book on the adjacent lanai, furnished with comfortable tropical furniture. The expansive 8' slider leads from the living room to the outside lanai connecting your spaces and introducing tropical breezes, garden views, and a feeling of openness for you to share the beauties of Hawaii. The TV is set up to the internet and offers Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, etc. Complimentary Netflix allows you to watch a generous variety of movies for the whole family. This unit is perfect for unwinding after a busy ocean day snorkeling and diving or mountain hiking and biking.
The lanai also has an enclosed screened in portion for 4 person dining and cooking in a bug free environment while enjoying the fresh feeling of Holualoa. The outdoor covered cooking facilities include an oven, range, and microwave with a sliding door leading directly into the kitchen area where there is the refrigerator, bar sink, dishwasher, and counter space for preparations. The table is also counter height to allow for additional preparation space as well as additional dining space for 4.
The kitchen boasts mahogany custom cabinets with granite countertops and a bar top for a casual snack or chat. Inside the cupboards you'll find a complete set of cookware, dishes, and utensils, to complement the host of time-saving appliances: microwave, blender, coffeemaker, rice maker and dishwasher (to name a few). Even if you love our kitchen, we also provide an outdoor BBQ so you can watch our fabulous sunsets turn to dusk.
Each bedroom has a queen bed suited with well designed beddings. The bathroom shows off Japanese design using porcelain tiles and pebbles to decorate the floor. An 18" deep soaking tub allows for relaxation in luxury after your hard hike or beach day. The sink is separate to the bathing and restroom area for privacy and maximum efficiency. This house can accommodate 4 persons in beds, however futons or beds can be set up to accommodate an additional 2 persons (for an extra fee).
Other amenities include a large laundry washer and dryer (outdoors) along with beach towels and extra pillows and linens. You can enjoy complimentary high speed wireless internet for all of your electronics as well as access to a complimentary Netflix account where you will find a vast array of movies for the whole family. Cable TV is not offered in this unit, however internet TV is installed for movies, youtube, news, sports, etc. A sports gym only 10 minutes away offers day or short stay passes which give you full access to their facility at a minimal charge.
As mentioned in earlier descriptions, Homes Over Kona offers several private homes to choose from. This particular unit shares the use of the 15' Waterfall Lagoon Pool and Sports Massager Hot Spa. (The Private Infinity Edge Pool, Massager Jetted Hot Spa and Pebble River are reserved for the main Grandview Hale). All pools are solar heated boasting deep blue waters to match the Hawaiian oceans and designed with giant lava beds to lay and relax on. Waterfalls trickle down the sides and above your heads offering the true ambience of vacationing in Hawaii.
This 2 acre property has over 2000 feet of walking paths and country roads to explore. If you look carefully, you may also find a mini lava tube. Gardens are full of Hawaiian fragrance, proud of our native fauna, colorful local plants and sweet smelling lei flowers. Available are lei making tools, suggestions and instruction guides to show you how. Yes, you can pick and make your own sweet smelling leis to wear to dinner. Fruit trees are everywhere and when ripe, you are welcome to pick what you can eat. Coffee plants abound offer you the true feel of a coffee farm. Reading a book or taking a nap in a hammock is made perfect under the Majestic Monkey Pod trees which canopy the property and provide perfect shade. The 1000 foot elevation sub climate introduces comfortable breezes and temperatures specifically experienced in this Holualoa area and nothing like the sticky hot found along the shoreline or the cold found at the much higher elevations. 1000 feet is the perfect elevation. You found the best.
Those who rent the property exclusively will have access to the full 2 acre property. Those who rent the largest unit, The Grandview Hale (1A) will have the upper Infinity Edge Pool, Pebble River, & Jacuzzi and large garden space private to their own. The other 3 properties have access to the communal Lagoon Pool with 15' Waterfall and Lava Beds. There is also a Hot Tub on that deck level. Majority of the walking paths, fruit orchard and gardens are accessible to all.
Interaction with guests
We give guests their total privacy, however we are more than happy to share our experiences and make suggestions to the adventurer as well as the families with little ones. We are proud to say we know and have done a lot (with the little ones) and recognize the challenges and joys of these locations. We have left a booklet of our suggestions locations and favorite spots, but we are always available to answer specific questions.
The pool(s) are maintained before 9am on scheduled days. There is also the possibility of landscapers and other maintenance personal on site when necessary.
Other things to note
# OF PERSONS:
This listing is for 1 private home. It sleeps 4 persons in beds and there is an Extra Fee of $30/nite/person for up to 2 additional persons (see home set-up above). If original Airbnb payment does not include these fees, they will be requested at a later time via resolution center and due within 1 week of booking date (or before check-in; which ever is earlier). If the number of guests changes, we can adjust your payment via refund or additional payment request.
Every reservation is required to pay a Service Fee (rather than a "cleaning fee"). This fee includes laundry, utilities, pool/spa usage, internet usage, etc. This fee is $229 (incl. 4.16% tax). Payment will be requested via “Resolution Center” and is due within 1 week of booking date. And of course, the property is cleaned before and after your departure. =-)
Every reservation is required to pay an additional 13.42% HI tax. (Tax ID Number & Certificate: W08251157-01 / W76239692-01). This is applicable to the Stay Rate pre-paid through Airbnb. Payment will be requested via Resolution Center and is due within 1 week of booking date.
GUEST PRICE BREAKDOWN:
As a host, we are unable to see the price break down that Guests pay. For the state of Hawaii, as of 2016, Airbnb does NOT collect state GE or TA taxes. For more information, please visit your Airbnb account or call Airbnb Customer Service.
Some seasons require longer lengths of stay, including (but not limited to) Iron Man, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year.
Upon booking, Guest agrees to all Policies that are listed within this Listing.
Individual Units (1A, 1B, 2A, 2B): If bookings are made using the automated “Book It” option more than 8 months prior the check-in date, the Owner has the right to refuse that that booking. In case of refusal, via the Resolution Center, Owner will request that reservation is canceled on the Guest’s behalf.
Within 1 week upon Booking (or sooner for last minute reservations), Guest is required to pay for Applicable Service Fees & Taxes. Payment will be requested via Airbnb’s Resolution Center and is due within 1 week of booking date. For details of Fees, please review “Other Things to Note” in the property Description. Feel free to email owner for a quote of such fees.
Events, Weddings, or Parties are not allowed without Owners Written Approval. If you are interested in such, please send a description of your event along with expected number of attendees (that are staying on, as well as off property). Fees/Deposits may apply.
Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to the number of persons as listed in “Other Things to Note” in the property Description
Swimming Pool: The swimming pool is made of concrete and natural rock. The swimming pool and spa are intended for the use of swimming only. Do not climb rocks or jump off rocks. No diving or jumping or running allowed. Do not bring glass cups or bottles to the poolside. Guests should be courteous to other guests by controlling noise levels and attending to their children. Gates leading to pools should always remain closed. Open hours are from 9am to 9pm. Owners are not responsible for any accidents or injuries that occurs while on the premises or its facilities.
Keep Spa circulation “ON” and take showers prior to entry to remove sunscreens, sand, etc. Dirty waters may result in equipment failure and the need for an “Additional Pool Service or Clean”. There is a $300 charge for this service.
Outdoor Hot Tub: NEVER leave the cover on, even half way when using the hot tub. The hot tub should always be hot. Please DO NOT ADJUST the “warm” or “cool” temperature settings. DO NOT TURN THE HOT TUB OFF. The only buttons you are allowed to press is the “jets” or “light” buttons. When done, please turn off the jets, lights, and RETURN THE COVER. No children under the age of 12 are permitted in hot tubs at any time without adult supervision. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVERS. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. They will break and you may be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm.
Entry: Please use Lock Box Key for entry only. Return to Lock Box Immediately. Unit keys are found inside.
Shoes: It is customary in Hawaii to remove shoes. Please place shoes in provided Baskets or Shoe Racks.
Quiet Time: Homes Over Kona is located in a quiet neighborhood and respectfully asks that quiet time be kept from 10:00PM until 7:00AM. If other vacation renters on this property are making noise and it is a nuisance to you, do not hesitate to call the office.
Checkin: 4 pm. Checkout: 10 am.
Cleaners are scheduled to arrive at 10:00am. To prepare for the next guests. Please be prompt with your departure. On the morning of your checkout please do the following:
•Bring all trash & recycle items to the dumpsters located under your lanai.
•Please leave beds as is; do not remove sheets. Bring All towels to the bathroom.
•Please put any clean dishes away and load dirty dishes into the dishwasher and run it on the normal cycle.
•Please close all windows and lock all doors.
•Please turn off all lights (oven, other).
•Place keys back in the lockbox as soon as you enter.
•If you choose, we’d also appreciate a posted review! We love to hear from all our past guests.
Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner, pool and garden personnel access to the property for purposes of maintenance, repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules shown below as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
1. Smoking is allowed only outside and not near the poolside. Cigarette butts should be extinguished and disposed of.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed. .
7. Parking: Parking is limited to 3 vehicles for unit 1A or 2A and 2 vehicles for unit 1B
or 2B. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service (unless otherwise specified). While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
9. Amenities: Guests are to provide all bath and kitchen amenities. The only amenities provided by the home owner are Linens & Towels.
10.Hot Tub: No children under the age of 12 are permitted in hot tubs at any time without adult supervision. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVERS. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. They will break and you may be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm.
11. Swimming Pool & Spa: The swimming pool is made of concrete and natural rock. The swimming pool and spa are intended for the use of swimming only. Do not climb rocks or jump off rocks. No diving or jumping or running allowed. Do not bring glass cups or bottles to the poolside. Guests should be courteous to other guests by controlling noise levels and attending to their children. Gates leading to pools should always remain closed. Open hours are from 9am to 9pm. Owners are not responsible for any accidents or injuries that occurs while on the premises or its facilities.
12. Rock Walls and Natural Lava Flows: Historic rock walls surround the property and are “dry stacked”. They will collapse and you may be charged for repair. They are historic and it is important that we respect and preserve them for future guests to enjoy. Natural lava flows should also not be walked upon. Please use the paved paths provided for guests. They are not always level and one could
fall or injure themselves. Owners are not responsible for any accidents or injuries that occurs while on the premises or its facilities.
13. Water and Septic: The property is on a septic system. The mineral content in the water is high. During a drought, the well water may have an odor. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper and feminine products. If it is found that napkins or other products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $2000.
14.Indemnification and Insurance: Guest agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Manager and the owner of the Property against all loss, damage, expense, and penalty arising from any action of the Guest or visitors of the Guest which causes injury or death to any person or damage to any property. Guest is encouraged to secure the appropriate travelers or vacation insurance and/or renter’s insurance.
15.Guest List and Occupancy Limits: (a) Use and occupancy of the Property is limited to the named Guest. The occupancy of guests (1A = 8 persons)(2A = 6 persons)(1B= 4 persons)(2B = 4 persons) OR listed otherwise listed in reservation is allowed in the property. Occupancy exceeding this limit as listed above will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of all amounts paid. b) The registered Guest and party(ies) on this Agreement are the only overnight guests allowed and must adhere to the agreed upon number or guests, unless prior written permission is received from Owner or Manager. The Guest signing this Agreement must be at least 25 years of age and will be held responsible for all other parties and/or guests of the Guest for compliance with this Agreement, with listed policies, ordinances, rules and regulations and for any losses incurred by Owner or Manager or to the Property due to negligence or vandalism. (c) Those staying with the registered Guest must be of the same family, or may include up to 4 additional non-family members. Depending upon who else is staying on the property at a particular time, certain exceptions may be made (for example, when renting more than one residence at a time, etc.) with the permission of the Manager or Owner. By agreeing to this Agreement, Guest is made aware of this rule and understands that by not following this rule may lead to immediate eviction and forfeiture of all amounts paid.
16. Repairs and maintenance: (a) Repair and maintenance problems must be brought to Manager's attention within 48 hours of occupancy or occurrence, or Guest will be held liable for all such damages or repairs. Property manager will have 48 hours from the time of notification by to cure any problems reported. Simply notifying the manager of a problem during the 48 hour period does not entitle the guest to any refunds whatsoever, nor the right to terminate this agreement. Property manager will make reasonable efforts to notify the condo association of any problems in common areas such as elevators and community swimming pools, but is in no way responsible to correct defects in these facilities. (b) Maintenance issues or defects in common areas or facilities do not entitle the guest to any refunds whatsoever, nor the right to terminate this agreement Manager will not be responsible for any unauthorized expenses incurred by Guest or his/her guests. Costs of needless or unauthorized service will be charged as Excess Damage Costs. Maintenance responsibilities are as follows: Manager: Electricity, water, sewer, basic cable, and initial supplies (toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, hand soap, dishwasher detergent and garbage bags). Manager is not responsible to provide beach chairs for guests in facility common areas such as swimming pools. Shampoo, Toothpaste or other supplies are also not a responsibility of management. Guest: Long distance or toll calls, beach towels, beach chairs, extra cleaning fee (if Guest leaves Property messy or damaged, as above), or extra propane or electric usage for Pool Heater (see below). If any of the preceding charges are incurred, an Excess Damage Cost will be charged up to 30 days after Departure Date pending final invoices and Notice of Claim from Manager.
17. Noise Ordinance(s): The Property is located in a neighborhood which has a "noise ordinance" in effect after dark. All Guests agree to respect the Noise Ordinance and to use common sense in keeping noise volume low after dark. Any police enforcement actions by the City, County or Home/Condominium Association are at the sole risk and expense of the registered Guest and may result in Excess Damage Cost and/or immediate eviction and forfeiture of all amounts paid.
18.Liability and Damage: Guest agrees to defend, indemnify and hold Owner or Manager harmless from any and all liability, claims, loss, property damage or expenses, arising by reason of any injury, death or damage sustained by any person, or to the property of any person, in or on the Property during the Term of this Agreement, including Guest, additional invitees or visitors of Guest, where such injury, death or damage is caused by a negligent or intentional act of Guest, additional guest or any of Guest’s visitors or invitees.
19.Cause for Eviction: The Guest and all parties with the Guest will be subject to immediate eviction from the Property if the Guest or parties of the Guest violate any terms of this Agreement, including but not limited to, violation of the occupancy limits, pet provision, smoking, noise ordinance or parking. In the event of eviction from the Property, the Guest shall forfeit all amounts paid and there will be no refund of money.
20.Attorney’s Fees and Costs: If Owner and/or Manager employs the services of an attorney to enforce any conditions of this Agreement, to collect any amounts due, the eviction of the Guest, or because Guest takes any action to recover deposits not due, Guest shall be liable to Owner and/or Manager for reasonable attorney's fees and costs incurred by Owner and/or Manager.
21.Short-Term Rental: It is expressly understood and agreed that this is a short term vacation rental, and is not a lease or other long term residential tenancy agreement. This Agreement is only for the licensed use of the Property for the stated Term. It creates no property rights in Guest and no rights to renewal or for recurring usage. This Agreement is also neither a Time-Share sale or a Plan of Time-Share Development, nor a Vacation Club.
22.Falsified Reservations: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of Reservation Deposit and Final Balance, if paid, and such party will not be permitted to check in and/or will be subject to immediate eviction with the forfeiture of all amounts paid.
23.Succession, Assignment: This Agreement is binding on, and the benefits inure to, the heirs and personal representatives of the parties. However, neither this Agreement nor any rights hereunder may be assigned (in whole or in part) by Guest.
24.General Terms: This Agreement is made in, and shall be governed solely by the laws of, the State of State of Hawaii, Hawaii Statutes and location decided by Property Owner. Venue for enforcement shall be the local sheriffs office. If any section, clause, paragraph or term of this Agreement is held or determined to be void, invalid or unenforceable, for any reason, all other
terms, clauses or paragraphs herein shall be severed and remain in force and effect. This Agreement is taken in full compliance with federal, state and local Fair Housing Laws, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, country of origin, handicap or familial status. Guest is to be mindful that this Property is located in a residential neighborhood or residential condominium. Guest is expected to be courteous to residents and guests, to respectful of the rights of others, and not be abusive to reservationists, property managers or unreasonably noisy. Rental Managers and Owners reserve the right to cancel this reservation agreement at our discretion at anytime, and in such instances will refund any rental payments already received, and notify the guest listed on the reservation.
25. Voluntary Eviction Notice: By signing below, you agree to the following terms: I understand that I agree to the owners/management of this establishment have the right to evict me should I violate any of the following as described in chapter 509, F.S. Part 1.
• Illegally possess or deal in controlled substance as defined in chapter 893.
• Am intoxicated.
• Engaged in brawling
• Indulge in any language or conduct which disturbs the peace and comfort of
other guests or could injure the reputation, dignity, or standing of this
• Have any guests who are illegally on this establishment's premises.
If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
• The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
• The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
• Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
• Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and
• Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
We run our homes like professional vacation rentals. Always clean and ready for last minute guests. All pools kept clean and safe. We offer complete privacy to our guests, and avoid burdening them. However, if guests need anything, we are local to the area and can help with almost anything.