Welcome to our country house in the city! Our family home is a cozy 3 bedroom 2.5 baths, with a large, kid-friendly back yard including a zip line, kid swing, sandbox, BBQ grill, and tree shaded picnic area. We are also one block from Sligo Park.
Welcome to our country house in the city! Our family home is a cozy 3 bedroom 2.5 baths, with one of the larger and most kid-friendly back yards in Takoma Park, with a zip line, kid swing, sandbox, BBQ grill, patio and picnic furniture. There is also a basketball hoop in the driveway. Takoma Park is the place to stay for those who love green trees or simply "being green" while staying as close to Washington DC as possible. 1 block from the Sligo Creek walking and biking toe path and a playground. Minutes by bus to Old Town Takoma or contemporary Silver Spring where there are restaurants, shops (including Whole Foods, and organic cooperative market, and standard grocers, plus multiple international markets), farmer markets, and one of the best independent film movie theaters in the country (plus a regular movie theater).
3 level house. Second floor master bedroom with queen bed and private bathroom. Adjacent bedroom with full length twin sized mattress atop loft bunk (height suited for younger children but can hold adult).
First floor full kitchen, living, dining table for 6 with additional Grow with Me Chair.
Basement with large recreation/TV room with television connected to internet; utility room with washer/dryer; additional room with queen sized bed, and a half bath.
FIOS internet. Window unit A/Cs on all three levels, radiator heat on main level and baseboard heat on other two levels--all of which keep the house at a comfortable temperature (radiators can be turned on with central thermostat set to your preferred temperature). Full sized kitchen with gas stove and oven, dishwasher, disposal, microwave, full fridge and freezer.
Transportation: Just 1 block from bus-stop that takes you to Takoma Park metro stop, on the red line. The red line takes you straight to most of Washington DC's business and tourist destinations.
Parking is on-street or in driveway.
In summer months, if you enjoy gardening, front yard contains fresh herbs which you are free to use for cooking!
If you are looking for a business or family retreat that makes you feel like you are at home, while staying as close to the City as possible, this is it. We look forward to your visit!
*Note that for the Spring Break week, we prefer a minimum 5 night stay.
Interaction with guests
We will be available by email, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), or (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) throughout your stay but we will be overseas so in a different time zone. We will be sure to have an emergency contact available locally to you as well.
Other things to note
We have a small 20 gallon fish tank with 7 pet fish in the living room that lights up the space and is fun eye candy. The fish will love to have your company. If you wish to feed them, we will leave you instructions (it's just once per day), or we can leave a feeder in the tank and have a neighbor come check on them periodically- your choice! If you choose to feed them, we only ask that you please love our fish as your own pets!
Treat our home as you would your own!
1) NO SMOKING anywhere in the house. If we find or smell that anyone has been smoking in the house, we will not return the full security deposit.
2) Ensure that front, side and basement doors and both side gates are locked whenever you leave the house or check out.
3) Leave the de-humidifier in the basement turned ON at all times.
4) Turn OFF all air conditioning window units and electric baseboard heaters whenever you go out for more than a few hours.
5) Ensure that all trash is placed in trash cans or recycling bins upon departure.
6) Please do not drink red wine on the living room couch, as we have had bad luck with staining!
7) Please be courteous to neighbors in terms of loud music/noise-especially in the yard- after 8 pm on weekdays and 10 pm on weekends. One of our side neighbors has a young baby and the other also has children.
8) When using shower downstairs, lower shade over the window frame so that water does not leak into frame. After using shower in downstairs bathroom, open the window to air out bathroom.
9) NO PETS-inside or out. Unfortunately we have various pet allergies in the family!
Enjoy your stay!