This luxurious home is located on the marina with a short walk to the beach. Enjoy your morning coffee on the private master bedroom balcony taking in the view and listening to the birds sing before starting your day full of adventure with family and friends. In the fall and winter months enjoy the beautiful Mother Nature with the Salmon Run, Golfing and Snowmobiling in untouched powder. My place is good for couples, families (with kids), and groups.
**Note Security Deposit: the guest doesn’t pay the deposit when they make the reservation. Instead, the guest will be charged up to 14 days after reservation in the case of property damage or excessive dirtiness on their security deposit. On the marina and lake, beach is located at the end of the boardwalk. Comes with boat slip allowing for you to walk off the patio and out onto your boat for days full of lake adventures. Scotch Creek is a two minute drive. Captain's Village is a few steps away to help with all your boat needs including fuel.
The home has one bedroom/office & one bath on the main floor for elderly or individuals with restricted movement. Upstairs hosts 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Stunning lake and marina views from the Master's bedroom, living room and kitchen. There is a double garage with ample driveway parking to host all guests.
Hot tub - for an additional $500 (please include in your message if you wish to rent the hot tub. The cleaning fee will be increase to include the cost)
Interaction with guests
I am available 24/7 by phone, email and text however will not be able to be on site. That being said I will do as much as possible to facilitate their needs with local contacts. As much interaction as the guest desires, I am available to help.
Other things to note
There are many things to do around the area, the home has pamphlets for majority of them but to give you an idea here are the Cole's notes version:
- Hiking: In the immediate area there is the Scotch Creek/ Hlina Look Out Loop this is about a 5km hike and be looked up through (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN). There is also the Roderick Haig Brown Park which you will pass just before Scotch Creek on your way in (next to the Adam's River) this area has some really nice walking paths and trails which work their way to Adam's Lake. A little bit of a drive (~1 hr) in Kamloops there are a ton of hiking and biking trails. Copper Island has a 2.8km hike around the island and to the top however this is only by boat access.
- Beaches: At the end of the walkway in front of the home (to the left when facing the lake) is the beach for the Bayside Community, it is nice to spend the day there playing in the water while it is quick to run back to the house for anything needed. 95% of beaches in this region are pebbly unless sand was trucked in prior to the current regulations, shoes are nice to have. The Shuswap Lake Provincial Campground has some walking/biking paths and a beach for day use also there is the public beach at the end of Wharf Road past the marina Shop (Captain's Village Marina).
- Farmers Markets: Each community has their own Farmers Market and pretty much every day of the week there is a Farmers Market going on in the morning. The closest one but probably the smallest is on Sunday's at the Scotch Creek Park Store's parking lot.
- Golfing: There are many golf courses around the two closest being Talking Rock and Anglemont. Talking Rock is a very nice course on the Little Shuswap, with a wonderful restaurant (closest to the home but fairly expensive). A beautiful area, nice to just to go see even if you are not golfing. Anglemont is a little par 3, great for walking a round while having some drinks in the sun. Awesome for beginners. Shuswap Lake Estates is across the lake in Blind Bay, also a really nice course but a little further than the other two.
- Salmon Run: Adam's River brings tons of tourists in the fall, starting in October the salmon are spawning though every year it is a beautiful sight every 4 years is the large spawn cycle which will occur again in 2018.
- Geocaching: Download the geocaching app and check out the neat caches people have setup. Great fun with children.
- There are also companies that run offroad segway tours, ziplining and white water rafting down the Adam's River, check out online or there are pamphlets in the home for these.
- In Scotch Creek there is a grocery store with liquor store, a coffee shop (Ecotreats) delicious food and drinks, a pizza place, a drug store. Down the road a little ways longer there is a Food Truck parked off the road, the Scotch Creek Park Store, a Pub, and Funker Belly's sells ice cream and waffles with a bunch of really cool summer clothing.
- Baseball/Tennis : Beside the Scotch Creek Park Store there is a baseball diamond and a tennis court open for public use.
A beautiful area for weddings or honeymoons.
There are many other hidden gems around the area, it is always an adventure hopping in your vehicle and going for a drive to see what you can find. Or hanging out on the lake is always great too.
The key fob for entering the community is located on the gate in a lockbox. We will send you a code for the lockbox and the front door. Please return the key fob into the lockbox upon your departure, failed to do so will result in a $200 fee to replace fob.
Please ensure you leave the home as you found it (ie Clean and tidy). The cleaners come in to clean and polish to show home level, if the home is left in an unclean matter extra cleaning fees will apply. We have not and hope not to ever apply this fee.
Check out is 10:00AM.
If children will be joining you please place all breakable items out of reach when you arrive and place back when you leave.
There are bikes and some toys within the home, please use at your enjoyment but place back when you are finished using. Note it is the law in BC to wear a helmet on bikes.
THIS IS A NON-SMOKING HOME.
Community Rules (as per Bylaws fines will be applied if broken):
- There is to be no noise after 10:00PM. Please understand that noise does travel easily here so if you are sitting outside on the deck talking and laughing into the late hours you will be bothering the neighbours so ensure such activities are taken inside after 10:00PM.
- Maximum of 8 people.
- Please ensure the neighbours privacy with respect to noise and grass area between house and Boardwalk. If you are visiting another guest in the complex please use pathways and DO NOT cut across the neighbours grass when walking back and forth. The grass area is not to be used to play frisbee, football, etc or any games in which out of control objects may be thrown into neighbouring areas or homes.
Note: most neighbours do not have a problem if you choose to do so, maybe ask if it's okay prior. We have many neighbours who have given us ongoing okay for this however DO NOT play or cross the area in front of unit #11!!!!! This individual lives here and DOES NOT want ANYONE on the area in front of his yard. The easiest way to remember this is to not go past the red leave tree but can to as far the other direction (towards the marina shop).
- Please do not park on the street. All vehicles must be in driveways or garages, for boat trailer parking ask staff at the front desk of Captain's Village Marina as to where designated parking is.
- Please submit boat slip assignment form to front desk of Captain's Village Marina as well as they will be able to help you find your spot.
- Please ensure that all garbage is deposited into the on site garbage bins across the lane way.
- If you use any supplies that come with the house (paper products, detergents etc) please be sure to replace what you use.
- Any recycling or bottles need to be sorted and the community will take care of these for you, place in the bin beside the garbage bin. Alternately, there is a bottle depot located in Scotch Creek.
- Please strip the beds you have used during your stay to enable us to know which beds need to have the sheets changed. If the hide-a-bed is used, please strip it of sheets before closing (leave mattress pad on unless soiled).
- If there are fridge/freezer/pantry items you would rather not transport home, they may be left in the CLEANED fridge/freezer/cupboards and we will leave what can be used for the next guests. Please dispose of items that have a near best before date.
Now that all the formal stuff is out of the way, have an amazing vacation and please let us know what you think of the place or possible improvements.
Hi, I am a hard working, driven professional and mom. I value quality in everything. 3 things I cannot live without are chocolate, family, sun (and warmth - I am always cold).
I love Hawaii or island life in general. Favourite kids movie is Lilo & Stitch. I enjoy listening to country music, preferably live - it's much better that way, less produced.
I love travelling, I love action packed adventures.