Our place is 1/2 mile to the FSU Stadium. Great restaurants & dining, as well as art & culture (Railroad Square), are all within 2 miles. You’ll love our place because of the super-cozy room, the comfy bed, and [most importantly] convenient location to downtown & local colleges (FSU, FAMU & TCC all within about 1 mile) plus easy residential parking. This room has its own outside entrance for optimal privacy. Our place is good for couples, solo adventurers, & business travelers.
The best things about our guest space (at least in our humble opinion) are...
PRIVACY: having your own entrance and having the guest area sectioned off from the rest of the house by double doors.
COZY: the bed is new and super comfy, we have been told guests have had some of the best rest in years sleeping in that room.
CONVENIENT LOCATION: to the most important areas of town (the colleges and downtown).
Beyond the bedroom and bathroom, the guest will have access to kitchen/dining area and the living room area. We kindly ask guests to refrain from going into other private areas of the house (bedrooms and office).
Interaction with guests
Kevin works from home and is often available to assist guests. In the event we are not home, both of our phone numbers are displayed in the guest room for assistance.
Other things to note
We have 2 older dogs (a yellow lab and a border collie) that live inside with us. Both are very gentle, obedient, loving, and mostly quiet creatures... not to mention lazy. :) Once they first meet you, within 2 minutes, they usually go back to laying down and sleeping.
The guest area of the house is closed off by a set of double doors and we doubt they will be of any disturbance (except they sometimes bark if they hear the UPS truck... but only at the UPS truck), but if you are allergic to dogs we would recommend finding a pet-free place instead.
- Since this is a shared house, we like to ensure everyone has their own space. We kindly ask guests not to enter private spaces (bedrooms, office, etc.) and clean-up after themselves in shared spaces. We will ensure your space is likewise respected.
- The easiest way to disrupt an enjoyable stay is plumbing problems. To prevent this, we kindly ask you to please place things like sanity napkins in the sanitary bin we’ve provided in the bathroom. We simply want to ensure you have a royal flush kind of stay :)
- If you’re coming to Tallahassee to party you’ve picked a great city to do so. Unfortunately, just not at our place. Though we’re sure it won’t come to it, serious complaints of unruly behavior will unfortunately result in you being asked to leave. Not good for you. Not good for us.
- Whilst we do a thorough cleaning between guests, we kindly ask that you clean up behind yourself. It helps us get through our cleaning process quicker and allows us to keep cleaning costs down for you and future guests.
- We understand that accidents happen. But we do ask that you please let us know when they do. Chances are they can be fixed pretty quickly & easily.
- Being good citizens ourselves, we require our guests to abide all laws (including no drug use or underage drinking)... This is just the law, not so much one of our rules.
- To keep our costs down (and pass those savings on to our guests) we kindly ask guests to turn off lights, AC, etc when leaving. Mother nature thanks you also. :)
- To be considerate of your trip, we keep the noise down after 10 pm. We kindly ask you return the favor for us.
- In the event that you need additional guests to stay, please contact us to let us know. We’re reasonable folk and will accommodate wherever possible. We do ask all guest to follow the same house rules.
- Check-in is typically between 3-8pm, and check-out is by 1pm. Arriving slightly earlier, or want that extra hour to sleep? Should be fine, but please check with us first.
We are a "young" professional couple, have owned our home in Tallahassee for over 10 years, and have 2 of the sweetest/laziest dogs in the world. Most people describe us as easy-going, creative, and kindhearted. We also have a curiosity about the world that has yet to be filled... which is probably a good thing :). We don't watch much TV and would prefer to go get a coffee from a local coffee shop instead.
Sarah works for FSU (which is literally less than a mile from the house). Kevin is a small business owner (HYBRYD Marketing) and mostly works from our home office... which is conveniently at the opposite end of the house as our guest room. :)
As hosts, we like to make sure you are comfortable and have what you need (including directions or restaurant recommendations), but we also like to give you space and privacy. Chances are you are not here just to visit us, but we love meeting new people and having great conversations.
As guests, we are pretty low-key. It would probably be easy to forget we were even there! We were also both raised to treat others with respect (including their property), so we are pretty good about cleaning up behind ourselves.
Whether as hosts or guests, we are looking forward to meeting you!