Lakeview Retreat Cottage is across a small, dead-end street from Duck Lake. The cottage has a nice view of the lake and is only about 150 feet from a public dock access. The location is ideal for visiting many surrounding areas including Traverse City, Frankfort, Suttons Bay, Leland, and Empire. Our guests have enjoyed watching the sunrises on the lake, sunsets at Lake Michigan, and exploring our beautiful area.
Lakeview Retreat Cottage has beautiful hardwood floors and comfortable beds. We also offer an outside area including a hammock, gas grill, a picnic table, and a campfire area with chairs. Duck Lake is very clean and guests can bring kayaks, paddle boards, or other water "toys" to enjoy the lake. There are also many beautiful hiking and biking trails.
Guests have full access to the cottage, the yard, and the public access to the lake. The neighborhood is also a great place for taking walks and there is a wooded path close by that leads into the state park.
Interaction with guests
I like to meet my guests upon arrival to give them a quick tour and to answer any questions. My husband and I live across the street from the cottage so it is easy for us to be available if guests need anything during their stay. I keep my phone with me and encourage guests to text me any time they need something.
Other things to note
We have an antennae hooked to the large flat screen TV which picks up about 11 channels, but we don't have cable. I keep an HDMI cable hooked up for our guests to use. If you would like to bring a laptop, you can hook that to the flat screen and stream movies or other channels that you have accounts to using our wi-fi.
- People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest
- Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
- Only use appliances for their intended uses
- There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the property
- The property is on a regularly-tested well and septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged for any necessary plumbing services.
- The Owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
- Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
- Guests are expected to be quiet after 11:00 p.m.
- Check out time is 11:00 a.m. and check in is at 4:00 p.m.
I am an elementary school teacher. I live in Interlochen and I love everything Interlochen has to offer. My husband and I water ski, swim, snow ski, enjoy walking in the state park with our dog, and going to concerts at the Arts Academy.