Ahhh! Anacortes! Another Day in Paradise! Located on Burrows Bay on Fidalgo Island, 220 degree ever changing views of the San Juans & Olympics. Exquisite sunsets, moonsets, abundant wildlife, birds, boats,ships, seaplanes, long boarders, rowers, kayakers, hikers,& kids 1 to 99 at park & on the beach! On rainy days, watch storms roll in, foggy mists, and rainbows. Cuddle,read, relax & dream in privacy/main level of lovely home w/great room, kitchen, master suite+ bedroom, 2BA, deck& salt air!
When you're in the great room during the day, sitting on the spacious deck or preparing a feast for your clan in large well-equipped kitchen, you feel as though you are a part of the ever changing scene...the San Juans, the snow covered Olympics, the sparkling diamonds of the sea, and sometimes roaring waves and winter storms can be mesmerizing. Participate in the eagle's diving quest for fish, the changing scene of the morning sun lit islands, and the sky's masterpiece at sunset. Two large flat screen tvs, dvd players and one sound bar. The spacious master suite and guest room offer all of amenities of your own private space away from the activity of the great room, 2 marble bathrooms, one with shower and one with tub/shower combination, plush towels, and guest robes, Aveda shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion. One extra large walk in closet can accommodate a queen sized air mattress. Sofa and lounger magically turns into a queen bed. Although the house is in a neighborhood, none of the bedrooms are situated where neighbors can peer in except from the window that faces the street and it is suggested that blinds be closed at night. Views can also be seen from bedroom windows.
Guests have access to everything except for some locked closets, a few packed boxes in one of the cabinets and cabinets that are locked. There are two empty cabinets in kitchen, the refrigerator, one shelf in freezer, all dishes, glasses, flatware, pots, pans, paper goods, aluminum foil, stretch wrap, utensils, appliances, etc. for guest use. Books and other reading material, toys, games, CDs,, DVDs, loungers, Bar-b-que, deck furniture are all available to use while the guest is residing in our home.
Interaction with guests
We are always available by text or by phone. Our goal is to provide as much privacy as possible. Much of the time we will be off site during the guests' visit. We do, however, enjoy meeting our valued guests and are so delighted that they chose to stay in our home which is their home away from home. When we are in town, we will be residing in the apartment below with a separate entrance and parking.
Other things to note
Whidbey Naval Air Station is 11 miles away and occationally
- Your children are welcome in our home although it is not child proof. Please contact us ahead of time so that we can plan ahead. Small intimate parties are okay but please check ahead of time if you are considering a larger event. Along with no smoking, we have a no alcohol policy so as to maintain the peaceful feeling that exists here. Thank you so much for your kind consideration.
- There are two driveways. Please use the second driveway and park in front of the house, in front of the entrance, or on street in front of house. PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE FIRST DRIVEWAY as that is how we enter and exit.
- Please direct anyone who comes to the front door to the separate outside entrance to our quarters on the first floor
- We have 2 tiny Singapura cats that stay with us in our downstairs apartment. Singapura cats are short hair hypoallergenic as Roxy is highly allergenic to cats and all animals. We also have a separate, highly efficient electronic HVAC air filtration system for the Airbnb space which is designed to filter out 99.9% of allergens in our home.
- No shoes in the home. Slippers, socks and shoe covers are provided in the cabinet in the entry. Our bedrooms have lightly colored wool carpets that feel like cashmere! Thank you for honoring this request.
- Please no overnight sleeping on the sofas in the great room. We have up to 6 beds available that can be set up in various configurations.
- Thank you,
We are a blissfully and eternally married couple who value our relationships with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, with one another, our family,and friends old and new. The 5 things we cannot live without are love, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, delicious fresh food, delightfully fresh salt air, and wonderful fresh, salt air and spectacular, ever changing views all of which lifts our spirits and gives us a sense of joy and well being. It will be our delight to share this slice of paradise with others who appreciate what we love so much. Over the years, our family has traveled and stayed in private vacation homes, time share condos, resorts, and cruise ships. Our motto always holds true..."See the good in all people and the Golden Rule Rules! Love and enjoy this wonderful day that the Lord hath made for the best is yet to come!" Love from RoxyBob