The Love Shack is nestled in a quiet community; Timberline Village. This is the perfect place for a romantic getaway or an adventure filled vacation. We border the Gifford Pinchot National Forest so you can explore the forest right from the backyard. We are 20 mins to White Pass Ski Resort and ~10 miles to Mt. Rainier National Park!
Our cozy cabin is perfect for couples or a family with 2-4 children. We will consider accommodating larger parties, but keep in mind that you will all be sharing one small bathroom. Parties of 6 or less will definitely be more comfortable.
Check in: 4:00 pm (early check in available if approved and confirmed by hospitality service)
Check out: 11:00 am
*** Free Community Pool Access ***
The cabin is situated in a quiet community of vacation homes called Timberline Village. The main cabin has wifi, DVD player, access to Netflix and HBOGo, lots of games and movies and a beautiful mountain view on clear days. Come enjoy all nature has to offer in a beautiful wooded setting backing up to the Gifford Pinchot National Forest. Hike, bike, fish and swim. Explore the Mount Rainier National Park just ~ 10 miles away. Wintertime offers downhill skiing, cross country skiing and snow shoeing at White Pass less than 20 minutes away. The A frame has 1 queen and 1 full size (comfortable) futon on the main floor. There is a twin bed in the loft and a queen bed in the second floor bedroom. The kitchen has stove/oven, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, rice cooker, griddle, crock pot and all necessary cooking supplies you should need. Large deck has a (summer only) charcoal Weber, stand up cooler, extra table with 5 chairs (seasonal). 4 person hot tub available year round for your outdoor enjoyment. The cabin has a fire pit in the backyard. Timberline Village has two community pools (summer only), a tennis court (summer only), basketball court and playground area available for your use with your rental. Local shops are just 4 miles away. Exploring the forest is as close as the back yard. Free parking on the property and in the cul-de-sac. Quick access to Hwy 12. We love our little paradise in the woods during all seasons. We hope you will too.
Upon reservation confirmation, guests will receive a welcome letter containing the cabin's address, entry code and driving directions. WiFi password and further instructions are located in the welcome notebook at the cabin.
Interaction with guests
We have a hospitality supervisior and team that live in Packwood to assist with any questions or concerns you may have either prior to your arrival or during your stay. Contact information for them will be provided upon the confirmation of your reservation. Their contact information is also listed in the welcome notebook.
Other things to note
The cabin has a steep and narrow wooden staircase. If traveling with toddlers, we recommend bringing a safety gate.
*** We do early check-ins and late check-outs whenever possible (please inquire).
**** There will be an extra 25.00 cleaning charge (main cabin only) if you are checking in or checking out on a holiday or holiday specified date (our cleaning crew charges extra for specific dates .... please inquire) ***
1. Your signature, payment of money, or taking possession of the property is evidence of your acceptance of the house rules and constitutes the vacation rental agreement for stay at this property.
2. Check in time is 4:00PM. Check out time is 10:00AM unless otherwise stated or agreed upon.
3. No smoking of any kind is allowed in the cabin.
4. Do not burn candles or incense.
5. Keep all objects clear of baseboard and space heaters at all times.
6. Quiet hours are from 10PM-7AM. Refrain from any activity that interferes with the neighbors' peace.
7. You must observe all local burn bans during your stay. Fires must be fully extinguished upon departure. Burn only paper and wood.
8. Do not move furniture from its original/expected location. Exception: You may move the full size futon and ottoman on the main floor of the A frame to face the television screen during your stay. Return futon to its original position before departure.
9. Do not enter any locked areas or areas marked "Private.
10. Security deposit of $300.00 is required and refundable, provided there is no damage to the premises or missing items or cleaning above and beyond what is considered customary for normal use, evidence of smoking, pets, or additional guests not paid for on the rental.
11. Use hot tub at your own risk. Note that we use only chlorine based products. All children using the hot tub must be supervised by an adult at all times. Cover should be returned to its original location immediately after each use. Do not use glass next to hot tub. We have provided plastic drinkware for this purpose. Follow all hot tub rules outlined in the Welcome Book.
12. Use septic as outlined in the Welcome Book.
13. No parties, reunions or large gatherings allowed. You may receive guests for non-overnight stays provided you do not exceed 10 persons at any one time and you do not disturb the neighbors' peaceful enjoyment of their property. Note that the tenant is responsible for all damage incurred by their guests. Guest is defined as any person occupying the premises by implied or express invitation of the tenant and not identified on the rental contract.
14. Do not wear ski or snowboard boots inside the cabin.
15. If the tenant or any member of his/her party (including guests) violates, or any of the terms of this agreement, the owners may, at the owners' sole discretion, terminate this lease with no refund of unused portions of the rent and may remove the tenant(s) and their belongings subject to an expedited eviction procedure pursuant to the "Vacation Rental Act".
16. The tenant agrees to release and indemnify the owner and its agents, sub contractors and/or hospitality staff from and against all liability, should anyone be injured upon the premises during the term of the lease, resulting from any cause whatsoever, except in the case of personal injury caused by the negligent act of the owner, his/her agent or the agents' employees.
17. NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN due to early departures not outlined in our cancellation policy. This includes early departures that are the result of acts of God, nature, weather or weather-related situations, mechanical failure, ski or golf conditions, power failures, family feuds, family crisis, etc.'
18. Tenant agrees to follow all posted rules while using Timberline Property Owners' Association pool, playground, tennis courts and common areas. Tenant uses all of these areas at their own risk.