Location!! **Less than 2 blocks walk from the Light Rail station and many bus routes.** Our front gate opens onto Columbia Park in the heart of Columbia City, in the SE part of Seattle. 200 feet to upscale grocery and deli. Now updated with new flooring, bathtubs, and washer/dryer, sinks, countertop. Walk-up to 2nd floor 3 BD 2 BA apartment. Full kitchen, dining room, living room, 50" flat screen with cable; Wifi internet. Balcony overlooking the park and gardens. All people are welcome here!
The apartment is the second floor of a lovely vintage house built in 1904 that is on the National Historic Registry. It has three (3) bedrooms, each with a bed; it also has two couches in the living room -- one that converts to a queen size bed, and the other is a dual recliner couch that does not convert to a bed (a willing child or small person could sleep on it). The space is fifteen hundred square feet with a high ceiling and is fully appointed with modern appliances and furniture. Each of the 3 bedrooms has plenty of closet space. The apartment has many windows, so there is a lot of natural light. Includes a touch of European-style convenience with a washer and dryer in the fully appointed kitchen.
One block from Starbucks, the historic Ark Lodge Cinemas ("current flicks in a historic building"), and the Columbia City strip of wonderfully diverse shops and restaurants on Rainier Ave. S.
There is one (1) parking space available for your use during your stay. It is in the small private parking area in the 'alley' behind the house. It is the space in between the yellow lines, behind the RV.
Second floor walkup, accessed by a wide outside (partially covered) stairway of 16 stairs. Once into the apartment, there is another 6 steps up to the floor level from the entry way landing.
Interaction with guests
Your privacy is very important to us! We will leave you alone to enjoy your time here, but we are nearby and available if you need anything throughout your stay. Just text or call if you need anything.
Other things to note
Many great restaurants within a few blocks; Starbucks is one block away. Seattle's famous Royal Room (jazz night club) is three blocks away; one block to the local movie theatre, the historic Ark Lodge Cinemas ("current flicks in a historic building"); and one block away is the Columbia City strip of wonderfully diverse shops and restaurants on Rainier Ave. S. See the the website 'Columbia City Seattle' for more information.
Generally speaking the Golden Rule applies. Also, specifically, the following ten house rules apply. Please read these carefully:
- 1. This apartment and entire house property is non-smoking: smoking is prohibited from the entire property, including the parking lot and yard.
- 2. As you have probably noticed, we rate the apartment as Not Suitable for infants and children. What we mean is that the apartment is absolutely NOT child proofed. And it has a potentially dangerous front door entryway (tiled floor) and stairway up to the floor level of the apartment.
- 3. We require that all guests in your group be included in the booking. If your booked group exceeds 2 persons: all persons beyond the first 2 in your group will be subject to the Additional guest fee regardless of age.
- 4. We live in the downstairs (first floor of the house) and require everyone follow Quiet Hours between 10PM and 8AM. And we require everyone follow the no excessive noise rule 24/7. We ourselves follow both of these noise rules.
- 5. The smart TV is DVR capable, and you may have up to six (6) shows saved at any one time.
- 6. You agree to show us and allow us to copy a verified government-issued picture ID of every person who will be staying with and visiting you. We require 72 hour advance notice of any planned arrival of additional guests you are inviting to stay overnight (guests who are not part of the group you originally booked with us for your stay).
- 7. We do not allow our apartment to be used as a conference, party, or reception facility. Casual dinner gatherings are fine as long as all the other house rules are followed. Any gathering in the apartment of more than ten (10) persons needs to be cleared with hosts at least 48 hours in advance.
- 8. One parking space is available for you in the parking area behind the house. It is the spot behind the RV, and is in-between the yellow stripes.
- 9. We require that guests use the Wifi internet for legal purposes only and not engage in any illegal activity from the Wifi we supply.
- 10. We require our guests to inform us as immediately as possible when something in the apartment needs attention or if there is something about the apartment you find unsatisfactory.
I’m a natural medicine nurse practitioner in private practice here in Seattle A newlywed who loves playing jazz and classical music on my tenor sax with my Hubbie Charley on his soprano sax. We also enjoy going to the WNBA games. Go Storm!!!! And gardening, camping in our RV.