A room with high colonial ceilings & natural light. It has an A/C and a fan, closet with hanging space and a flat screen TV. The ensuite bathroom features a decent sized vanity, a rain shower head and white towels. This room also has a great mural and a good view of the courtyard & pool… which might tempt you to a morning plunge! We serve breakfast from 8 till 10.
"The house" - It's a cosy place, with 4 private double rooms. It's generally pretty quiet during the day when most guests are out exploring this lovely city. We have a large & well equipped kitchen which guests are welcome to use, and offers round the clock access to bottomless Colombian coffee! There is a BBQ available, and sometimes if guests are up for it, we will organise a small 'Asado' (Latin American BBQ) together.
"Breakfast" - From 8 till 10 we have a delicious (self service) breakfast waiting for you.
This means waking up with: a fresh juice, coffee, a pastry from the best bakery, eggs, cereals/oats, milk, toasted bread with marmalade.
"Refresh service" - We offer for the guest who stay longer than two days a refresh service! Which means: a made bed, clean towels, floor and bathroom.
"Wifi" - In this old colonial house we enjoy the super thick walls that come with it, unfortunately the wifi signal doesn't and the signal can be a bit weak in the rooms. But have no fear, we have 3 routers that make sure the signal is super strong in the common areas.
"No hot water" - Sorry guys no hot water! But in the sweatiest city of Colombia you will be happy with a cold stream of water on your neck!
"Colonial house history" - We would love to host you in our beautiful colonial house, conveniently located in “El Centro” - Cartagena’s historic city center. Here we have created an upbeat yet relaxed space to provide guests with a 'home away from home’. It’s a very welcoming home, with friendly people and good vibes, a place for you to chill out while visiting Cartagena. The building is famous as it was once ‘Casa de la Chicheria’, a house where Chicha (a traditional Colombian drink) was made 500 years ago.
Our guest can enjoy the pool, the huge working space (with scanner and printer), chill out area, and some hammocks.
"Kitchen" - If you are a kitchen prince(ss), we offer a toastie maker, blender, nutribullet, juicer, stove with oven and a BBQ. Keep your stuff cold in your private part of the fridge.
"Corona fan?" - We also sell for a small price, always perfectly cold coronas with lime!
Interaction with guests
We are always in for a chat, give you advice, or help you around. 99% of the time one of us will be there to meet you. We also have an hostel called Casa en el Agua in the San Bernardo Islands that needs our attention as well sometimes. So if we are there for a few days, Beth will be here to help us out in the Oasis.
Other things to note
We also have some great contacts around Cartagena if you're looking for tour packages, beach clubs or day trips in the surrounding areas. Just ask Beth if you fancy doing any of the following things:
- Diving (PADI certified) or snorkelling in the coral reef near the Rosario Islands. Hang out with baby turtles and iguanas on the islands.
- Day passes to resorts in the Rosario Islands - including buffet lunch, access to the swimming pool and sunbeds. Pure luxury!
- Day trip to Playa Blanca, a stunning white-sand beach near Cartagena, including a traditional Colombian lunch. Enjoy the bluest seas you've ever seen and chill out under a palm tree.
- Day trip to the Mud Volcano, including a traditional Colombian lunch. Float in mud like a happy hippo and do your skin a favour at the same time!
- Day trip in canoe through the mangroves with a traditional Colombian lunch and entrance to the archaeological park. Eco tourism at its finest! Learn about the importance of the mangroves to the local community.
- Day trip to the Botanical Gardens. Feel the magic of the flora and fauna of this incredible country by meeting monkeys, butterflies, and weird and wonderful plants!
- Transport to the local aviary. See some of Colombia´s most exotic species of birds flying over your head.
- Blue Apple Beach Club, including transport by speedboat both ways. Chill out in this exclusive-feeling beach club away from the madness of the city.
- "La Chiva Rumbera" this one´s for the party goers! Tour the city by night in a traditional Colombian party bus. Ticket price includes bottomless rum, typical fried food, and entrance to a local disco.
- Help with transport to Santa Marta and Tayrona Park.
- Bike rental by hour or by day. Pretend you're Shakira or Carlos Vives and take "la bicicleta" on a ride around town.
Cancel up to 24 hours before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 24 hours of your trip and the first night is non-refundable.
This host has 178 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi guys!!! We are a Dutch couple living in Cartagena. We live 3 years in Colombia and 2 years in the Caribean coast now. We own 2 hostels in the carribean islands of Colombia. But because we also enjoy the city life we started this small Airbnb in Cartagena.
We love to cook, drink wine, watch series, eat awesome food, meet awesome people, travel, go for a dance or just be super lazy in our pool. We have both traveled the world for multiple years and enjoy everything that comes with that.
The place we rent out here on airbnb is not just an Airbnb its also our house. So if you come and stay with us you'll see us cooking, working or meeting our friends. If you don't know where to go, or what to do ask us! After living here for a while we got the place figured out a bit ;)
We enjoy life and like to host our house to people who do too.
Oh check out our other hostel :)
Casa en el Agua