Beautiful and spacious villa that combines modern comfort and true colonial style in a peaceful residential area; with fantastic views to the volcanoes and coffee plantations, at short walking distance from wonderful historical sites and downtown Antigua. Welcome!
Villa Cariño is an elegant and fully equipped two floor villa nicely situated within a safe and peaceful residential area at walking distance from the beautiful historical site of Iglesia del Calvario; away from noise and crowds yet still close to all the wonders Antigua has to offer.
The house beautiful design cleverly connects the comfortable living spaces with the traditional gardens, patios and terraces in a seamless fashion; letting you enjoy the relaxing sound of the running fountain and the wonderful Antigua climate.
A beautiful and spacious social area is smartly situated in the center of the 1st floor, including a comfortable living room with cable TV and entertainment center, a dinning room with open fireplace, and a big, modern kitchen fully equipped with dishwasher, microwave, blender, coffee maker, etc.
Also on the first floor you will find:
* The master bedroom with open fireplace and its own walk-in closet and bathroom, with direct access to the garden & outdoor hot-tub area.
* 2 bedrooms, one with walk-in closet and private bathroom.
* Entrance lounge, fountain patio and 2 outdoor coffee rooms.
* A traditional service quarter with its own bedroom and bathroom, a "pila" patio, a modern laundry room with washing machine and dryer, and generous storage rooms for groceries, with a direct connection to the garage for easy loading.
On the second floor you'll find:
* A larga room with open fire place with a queen bed and one single bed, with direct access to a beautiful terrace facing the volcanoes, and overseeing the garden and outdoor social area.
* 2 more bedrooms, a bathroom.
* Ample solarium and roof top terrace with views to the coffee plantations, and with comfortable covered kiosk furnished to enjoy the terrace.
The house has indoor and outdoor parking space. If you do not have a car we recommend using taxi or tuc tuc; it should not cost you more than 9-10 USD to be in the town-center in 5min.
The location of the house is ideal to explore Antigua, and also an ideal base to move around and discover the other wonders Guatemala has to offer; such as lake Atitlan, Chichicastenango, the Pacific and Caribbean coasts and, being only 45 minutes away from Guatemala City airport, you can also cover Tikal and the other amazing Mayan sites in the rain forests of Petén.
There are various reliable transportation services in the area that we could gladly put you in touch with.
Other interesting features:
* Security at the main gate 24/7.
* WiFi available in all areas.
* Private garage and outdoor parking spaces.
* Cleaning and cooking service can be available from 25 USD/day
* Premium Satellite TV (SKY)
For security reasons we ask that you do not invite people over unless previously arranged with us.
You will be provided with one set of keys. Please don’t lose the keys as we’ll need to charge 20 USD for a replacement set.
There is an inventory of the home which we will go through with you during check in and check out.
A housekeeper can be arranged if wanted for an additional cost. If you are interested let us know and we'll give you more info.
For safety reasons we kindly ask you to let us know if you plan to use the fireplaces. We will provide assistance, please do not do it on your own.
Please report any damage the house, its equipment, furniture or appliances. Depending on the circumstances there will be a deduction or a claim charge.
Please ensure you take all your belongings with you when you leave.
We love travelling around the world, experiencing different cultures and sharing with family & friends. As a multicultural family (Annika being Swedish and Alex being Guatemalan/Spanish) we spend a good share of our vacation time in our "family hubs" (a few wonderful spots around Guatemala, Spain and Sweden)... we like to explore and stretch our boundaries so every year we try to prioritise a couple of trips to places we have not yet discovered... preferably staying with other hosts in the Airbnb community ;-)
As hosts and as guests, we are easy going, caring, organized and responsible.