Newly remodeled studio with fully furnished sleeping/dining area with a fully functional kitchen inside the studio. The bathroom is shared.
Anything you want or need can be found within a 1/2 mile radius. Lots of great food, markets, and cafes within walking distance.
The studio is located just 4 1/5 blocks from the "A Train". It's about a 10 minute walk. I've done it in 8. Once on the train, you are in Manhattan in 20 minutes. Central Park and Times Square is about 45 minute ride.
Fully furnished Studio in a Brooklyn Brownstone. There are two rooms.
1) The main room has a Queen bed, dining area, television, closet.
2) The kitchen has a fridge, sink, stove, oven, microwave, lots of pantry space, table setting for 4.
There is one shared bathroom w/shower located directly next to Vanilla Tea. There is also a 1/4 bathroom down the hall. It has a sink and a mirror...enough to shave, apply makeup, dress, brush teeth, freshen up, etc.
You will have access to your room, the shared full bathroom, and the 1/4 bathroom, all located on the top/fourth floor.
Please consider check-in and check-out times as you finalize your travel plans. Public trans from JFK and LGA will take about 75/90 minutes. Longer from Newark Liberty. Coordinating early check-ins and late check-outs is tricky and costly. Luggage storage before check-in or after check-out may incur fees. Please inquire prior to your trip.
Interaction with guests
This is a family-owned building. Everyone works and/or travels so we may not be present 24 hours every day. However, you can always reach us through phone contact or e-mails. Your requests will be responded to very quickly.
Other things to note
Your unit is cleaned after each vacancy and prior to each occupancy. However, there is no daily cleaning service. If your stay is longer than 5 nights, we will schedule a cleaning between day 6 & day 7 If you require or request an additional, special cleaning ($$), contact the host to make arrangements.
The Full Bathroom is Shared. You will have shampoo/conditioner, soap or body wash, wash cloth, hand towel, bath towel. Just carry your item in...and be sure to take back to your room.
- There is a 1/4 bathroom (sink & mirror) a little further down the hallway.
- During your stay, the bathrooms are cleaned once per day. however, we ask that you keep the bathrooms as clean as possible.
IMPORTANT: We are making repairs in the building. These repairs do not, in any way affect your unit.
VERY IMPORTANT: NO CANDLES, NO INCENSE, NO BURNING OIL OR WAX OF ANY KIND!!!
Important: This is a studio with a shared bathroom.
This unit is located on the top floor which is on the fourth floor. Your room includes a full kitchen, bed/living room area, including a small dining table w/chairs.
However, there is only one bathroom on the top floor and it is "SHARED" between 2 other rooms. Even though our housekeeper cleans the bathroom to keep it tidy, we ask that you do your due diligence to keep it clean and tidy for yourself and others. Whatever you take into the bathroom, you take it back out so your towels and soap don't get mixed up with anyone else's. Please don't leave the toilet messy and rinse the tub and sink after you use it.
This is a very old building. Please be careful not to let solid food and hair down the drains. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!: Do Not put paper towels, WIPES – NOT EVEN FLUSHABLE WIPES, napkins, or other bulky or personal products in the toilet.
- We do our best to make our units like a home away from home and we ask that when you depart, our home looks, feels and smells as close as possible to the way you found it.
- Please don't leave dirty dishes in the sink. Please do your best not to leave food out in the open and to wash dishes as soon as possible. At the very least, rinse them out to get the food particles out of the way. Thank You.
- Stove and Oven - Please do not start cooking and leave the stove or oven unattended. There is a fire extinguisher in your room. Please let us know if you have trouble finding it.
Garbage- There are garbage and recycle receptacles outside in the front yard, by the black gate. You walked by them when you got your keys from the lock-box. Please be sure to dispose of your trash and recyclables before it builds up too much. Thanks so much.
- If there are spills, please try to clean them up as fast as possible so the rugs and floors are not compromised in any way. If something spills on the bed, please get the linen off the bed as soon as possible so it doesn't get through to the mattress. Also, please let us know right away so we can help to get stains out sooner than later.
- For a long time we did not charge a cleaning fee but now we do because of some very bad situations in the past. However, in the event that the apartment/studio requires extraordinary cleaning upon your departure, we may work with Airbnb to resolve any issues.
- Air Conditioners - Please be sure to turn the air conditioner off when you leave for the day. This helps us to keep the rental fees lower.
- For your safety, we have installed high-security locks on the doors. The keys for these locks are very expensive to replace. In the event your keys are lost or damaged, we will charge a $50.00 replacement fee for each lost/damaged key.
- Smoke Free Environment - Please, there is NO SMOKING in the unit or in the common areas about the inside of the building.
Quiet Enjoyment For All
- We don't mind visitors, we only ask that you ensure they obey the rules of the house.
- Quiet Hours are from 10:30 pm through 8:00 am. Do unto others....
Building Safety - Front Doors::
- For your safety and for the safety of all occupants, please do not prop the front doors open.
- Please consider check-in and check-out times as you finalize your travel plans. The brownstone is about 30 minutes from both major airports, JFK and LaGuardia if you are driving. Public transportation will take about 75 - 90 minutes. Longer travel times if your airport is Newark Liberty in New Jersey.
Making arrangements for early check-ins and late check-outs can be tricky and costly and will incur additional fees. Luggage storage before check-in or after check-out will incur fees. Please inquire with Deirdre prior to your trip.
NEW: We do not allow pets. However if you have a service dog, there will be an additional cleaning charge in the event there are animal smells, messes or damages left behind. We will reconcile this in the AIRBNB Resolution Center. Also, we will require the applicable paperwork for the service pet.